Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Going to the UK!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moondog13, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Moondog13

Moondog13

Hey guys, sorry for this very O/T post, but I'm on my way to the UK next Sunday and wanted to maybe meet some Hambers, hit some pubs, punk shows, and maybe some suggestions as to what to do! I'll be staying in Harrogate visiting some family, but I'll have plenty of free time to do things (they work). I'll be there from Dec. 20th to January 8th. Hit me up! Can't wait to get there and freeze my ass off! :D

-Moondog

Yea, I'm leaving sunny, warm Florida for snow and freezing weather... I know, I know... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  2. Moondog13

Moondog13

Bump! Anyone? :D

3. dw123

dw123

4. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

I'm a bit far north to be of any help but,have a good trip and wrap up well.It's freezing over here!:D

5. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Take a Snow shovel...........weekend forecast is WHITE......!

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Harrowgate is a beautiful city.

7. Lots to do in Harrogate - very wealthy town, just check the Ferrari and Porsche dealers. I'm in the Roman town of Chester about an hour and twenty minutes away. American tourists usually visit both towns. If you do, give me a shout and I'll buy you a pint and let you do a couple of hours work on my 27T Modified.

8. 66JameStang

66JameStang

Man have fun with that! Hopefully you get to hangout with some cool guys! Catch a soccer game!

9. KoppaK

KoppaK

If you re planning on visiting Oxford then let me know

10. I'm even further North than Mark H! Like he says It's bloody freezing, but, Enjoy!!
    Charlie!!

11. Moondog13

Moondog13

Awesome guys! I'm currently checking out the events online. Seems like there isn't much going on near me, but I won't worry, I'm sure I'll figure something out! I'll definitely try to swing by the Ace Cafe. I know my bro. in law wants to take me to Edinburgh and when my sister gets into town from Iraq we'll be heading to London. I'm psyched! Koppak and Blackjack, I'll be hitting you guys up if I'm going to your area (so watch out for PMs!). Like I said I'll have a lot of alone time and from what I hear the train system is really good over there (any truth to this?).

@66JameStang A soccer game and a punk show are definite "to do's" for me! The touristy stuff might be cool, but I want to really experience as much as I can while I'm there! :D

12. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Don't forget your haggis...

[​IMG]

13. I was just in the UK a couple days ago and as you mention, the train system is pretty good. We traveled by train from London to Chester and then spent a lot of time on the Underground getting around London over the weekend. I mainly spent Saturday doing some of the normal touristy stuff, but really enjoyed the history. One bit of advice I might offer is to always remember to look the "wrong way" when crossing the street. I don't know how may times I almost stepped out into traffic walking around Chester because I never got used to them driving on the other side of the road.

14. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

Get a "lardy-cake" with currants. sounds gross, tastes great!