Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mike TPG SingleFinger Speed Shop District VII & Miss Studio-X Present Detroit's 1st P

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike The Photo Guy, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Hot Rod & Pinup Photo Shoot Extravaganza!
    [​IMG]
    :party
    Myself and SingleFinger Speedshop will be getting together to with Pin-up Photographer and Artist Studio-X for a Pin-up Art Show and Pin-up Photo Shooting Extravaganza at event at the District VII Detroit Gallery. The admission is free and there will be after parties also. Pin-up photo clinics will be given and you can get an opportunity to shoot models on sets with the same support you would get shooting for a major magazine. Photographers fee is $120.00
    There will be modeling classes for women who would like to see what they can look like with pro photographers shooting them on sets with incredible lighting. The fee is $50 if you are not modeling for the workshop, $30 if you are!
    While all this is going on you'll be allowed to stroll the gallery and watch how cars and models are shot while enjoying some great music and enjoying art.
    SingleFinger SpeedShop will be wrangling cars and bringing their incredible service station set along with many props to make this event even more fun to shoot or just attend.
    Valentine Vodka will be there with there with the Custom Vodka Truck looking for a Valentine Vodka Girl.
    This event will give us gear heads a nice place mingle and enjoy ourselves now that the track is closed. You can't beat Pin-Up and Hot Rods!

P.S. Mike TPG is Mike Yoksich on facebook, let's be friends.

Here's a link to Miss Studio-X and her fine work (some nudity) http://studiox.viewbook.com/

We'll be pairing pretty girls and cars for a wonder weekend of fun. I really hope to see you there.

More Details on the event Below.

Friday, December 10 at 7:00pm - December 12 at 9:00pm
    Location District VII Detroit
    2690 Wight St
    Detroit, MI
    Created By
    Studioklinicseven Kristine Diven, Sharon Layne, Mike Yoksich, Lushes LaMoan, Meridith Lorde, Adam Layne, Detronik Tactical-Visuals, Bridgett Davenport Ritz, Shane Bang

This will be an entire weekend of burlesque, pin-up and cheesecake photography and art.

http://studiox.viewbook.com/portfolio/pinup_extravaganza_weekend

December 10th - District VII will open with a pin-up art exhibition. Aunia Kahn, Brian M. Viveros, Gary Lee, Claudia Hek, Miss Studio-X, A. Owen Layne, VATO, DVS, and many more artists will be featured. Live performance by Dizzy Dame Lushes LaMoan & Detroit burlesquer Lily LaRue! Show will run for three weeks, but by appointment only after the official opening event. This event is free.

December 11th Daytime- Miss Studio-X presents a pin-up photography workshop. Last winter a fabulous workshop went in connection with the 2010 Dirty Show. This one is an even more special treat! Models can build their portfolios, learn some new tricks of the trade, get chances to strut their stuff and more. Photographers will get instruction on shooting pin-up and can capture this beauty and drama in all its glory.

Learn the ropes and have fun shooting our fancy pin up models, and shopping for fun goodies in our gallery store! Enjoy munchies and killer tunes as well. Lessons, assistance, fun sets, wardrobe and lighting stations will be available.

Work with models like Viva Valezz, Lushes LaMoan, Antha Ann, Lula La Rose, Lily LaRue, Seraphine Black, Meridith Lorde, JJ Plush, Madeline Frost, Amber Bako, Siti, Cris Michelle, and more!

Photographers fee is $120 to shoot. Discounts for DEAC and Detroit Exposure members.

Model Class 12-2pm. Lessons for the ladies, $50 if you are not modeling for the workshop, $30 if you are!

Photography Workshop 3-7pm. There will be a 1+ hour lesson by Miss Studio-X and then everyone will start shooting for three hours. Miss Studio-X and other assistants will circulate around and help those who need it during that time. Photographers will pay to attend and shoot; models chosen will get images for their portfolios, and hopefully some goodies!

December 11th Evening- Official After Party Hosted by the Detroit Dizzy Dames!
    O'Christmas Tease - A holiday burlesque and varietease show.
    Featuring Golden Pastie winner Viva Valezz!, Delilah D'Bauchee of Hell's Belles Girlie Revue, and Detroit burlesque sensation Lily LaRue. There will also be a whole merchant area of pin up inspired crafts and wares provided by Wonder Woman of Detroit.

After Party being held at:
    Northern Lights Lounge 660 W. BALTIMORE Detroit, MI 48202

official After Party event page:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170541632974895

Additionally, our lovely sponsor/co-conspirators at Valentine Vodka. will be doing a contest: "Looking For The Official Valentine Girl." Plus, some of the photography during the pin up extravaganza will make it onto this year's GirdleBound Calendar!

Call for art coming soon. Please contact us via contact at Districtvii.com for more info on how to submit pin-up art, how to become a featured model, and more about the workshop.

We will be updating with more info shortly. This is just the teaser!

Official Sponsors/Partners: Mike TPG, GirdleBound, Dizzy Dames, Streetwise Art, Barany Artists, Valentine Vodka, Singlefinger SpeedShop, Fuddrucker's Rivertown, District VII, Meridith Makeup

Looking for more sponsors, vendors and worker bees!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  2. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Aaron Bunch will be one of the cars we'll be using for the Pinup shoot.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

A little sample of Kristines work and Dave Jenkin's 57 which will be there too.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Hot Rods & Pin Up girls! What on Earth could be better???

We'll be setting up the Speed Shop display as a photo backdrop for the girls & the cars.
    [​IMG]
    Can't wait for the After-Party either!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010

5. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Here are a few shots of the District VII Gallery. It will turned it Pin-up Central.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

7. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

What I really need is a 47 Olds Convertible with a sweet interior to fill with Pin-ups and put in Front of the SingleFinger Speedshop display. It would make for some great shots. If there's anyone out there with a ride like that please let me know.
    Mike TPG

8. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

What I really need is a 47 Olds Convertible with a sweet interior to fill with Pin-ups and put in Front of the SingleFinger Speedshop display. It would make for some great shots. If there's anyone out there with a ride like that please let me know.
    Mike TPG

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sounds like a very cool party! I've gathered the posse together and we're heading down Friday night. Depending on the weather I might bring Big Olds down but I'll park him out front, not inside. You know how I feel about peeps posen' in front of cars that aren't theirs......I just dont get it.

Hey, I was talking to Mrs Hollowell the other day and your name came up. She was asking how you were doing and if I knew how the Roseberrys are doing. I told her I'd be seeing you this weekend and she said to say "hi".

Thanks for the invite sweetie, see ya Friday.

10. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Dang! I can't make it down Fri to get my quota of huggs.

11. LabRat

LabRat

Sigh ... Thanks for a nice Daydream ...

12. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I can't wait to see you and the crew. I understand you might not want your car to be a prop for the photo shoots. The owner of the gallery just about died when I showed her pics of your car. The fabric in the interior and the girls vintage era clothing along with color of your car and the studio light would look amazing.

Mrs. Hollowell had a stressful time dealing with us as kids. Yup there were few conflicts there. LOL I'll be looking forward to seeing you, till then my dear. :D

13. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

we'll post a bunch of photos from the event. Sit back have a beer and enjoy the show. If you can't make it we'll try to make you feel like you were there.

14. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

I'd kill every last one of you sunza-bitches to get to that little girl!!!!!:eek:

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:eek: Well shit, I'm not going now.:(

Yeah, go ahead and make me feel bad:rolleyes::p
    Pls introduce me to her tomorrow night and perhaps we could make plans for her to go for a cruise in Big Olds at some point.

16. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

She would love that. I think you two will get along famously. This will be fun!

The first sign of a Major Hot Rod Party is here!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

We hanging the art and hoping to see you tonight. ;-)
    Mike TPG

18. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Here's is all the model info for this weekend. Come out and be a star!
    Mike TPG
    Hi ladies, here is some important info for you about the weekend.

First off, the space is a three story high raw warehouse. I have a big gas heater, but the hot air leaks out fast, so I cannot keep it as warm as you might keep your apartment. I will run the heat all day and night, and I have kerosene heaters as well. So this means you should bring cute robes and wraps and coats to wear between posing sets. If you have fancy robes, that would be awesome. IF you have extras and don't mind sharing, you score extra points.

Wardrobe:
    I am providing wardrobe, but this does not guarantee you will have a complete outfit, so bring items of your won as well. GirdleBound sells many bottoms but very few tops, and the tops he does sell tend to be for quite busty girls. I have an assortment of GB bottoms, but they tend to be smaller sizes (waist 24-28 generally) because in NY I shot a lot of agency models in his gear. I asked him to rush me some more items, and they should arrive tomorrow. I have put together a little album of photos so you can see the wardrobe I do have. If you do not fit the GB items, I have a vast collection of vintage lingerie and cute outfits from my personal collection in a full range of sizes, and I have been dyeing many items red and green this week for the workshop. I will have items you may use, also including hats and gloves, and there will be many items for sale (I decided to purge big time) but please show me respect and care for the items properly if you end up borrowing wardrobe.

http://studiox.viewbook.com/girdlebound#1

Hair/Makeup: Everyone should do their own foundation and mascara to save time. Meredith will be doing makeup, she is a superstar mua and my most trusted in the area. Additionally I have some member of Dizzy Dames who cam help others. For those models who are great at their own makeup, and prefer to do it themselves, I am all for that, it saves time. Please create classic pin up looks, like red glossy defined lips, bright round blush, punchy colors and maybe even lashes. Hair should be big, or curled or you should wear a vintage hat. Now that I have added more models, I feel I should hire some extra hair staff, so I contacted the ladies at Black the Salon who helped us at the Damned Show, and I'm totally down if Red Salon wants to participate. The pics will be amazing for portfolios, so if you know any muas and hair stylists who would be good for this, do let me know.

Toni/Lushes La Moan will be teaching a class from 12-2. It cost $30 for models who are participating in the workshop.
    I will be teaching the photography students from 3-4pm, then shoots start at 4pm. Shoots go from 4-7pm, with as little time after 7 for me to get some of my own shooting done. You may stay after the workshop hours end, you are quite welcome to do so. At 9pm we have our after party at Northern Lights. The Dizzy dames burlesque crew will perform for us. It's going to be amazing.

We are doing an awesome raffle this weekend and the prizes are amazing. They will be on sale Friday and Saturday at District VII and at Northern Lights during the after party.

What you should bring:

-If you have any thigh high stockings, bring them, they attach to the girdles and the garter belts and are adorable and important to this look. I have some that have been used once by models and then washed. So there will be some handy. Also I have some I own, but they are limited, it's pretty costly for me to give out 20 pairs, as they tend to get ripped by the end of the workshop, so 20 would cost me several hundred dollars! i will do what I can, but bring your own if you have them! They can be purchased at V-Male, and i have a feeling V-Male and Noir Leather might give our participants a lil discount...
    -Shoes. Bring at least two pairs of pumps. I have bins of shoes, mostly in sizes 6-7.5, but there are some 8s, 9s and 10s. They can supplement, but you should have some of your own. I do not want goth boots, or the kind of stripper heels with huge platforms, this is a classic look we are going for, timeless if you will, so try not to have distracting elements in wardrobe that reminds people it isn't the 50s!
    -Bras, corsets-Since GirdleBound does not have more than three bras for sale, you will need to bring some vintage looking bras or corsets. I have many in white, cream and black in a span of sizes, and I am dyeing many this week, but please bring some of your own. Things could get hectic and my goal is for this all to go smoothly so everyone will have the most amazing shoot experience of their life. These workshops are so fun, let's be prepared and all work together.
    -Accessories. I have lots of vintage gloves, and I have some hats. Bring some of your own if you have them.
    -Makeup/Hair-Bring a small pouch of makeup items for touch ups, especially your foundation and mascara

Now there will be surveillance in every part of both the gallery-warehouse and also the studio upstairs, and things will be recorded. So you can feel safe that we will have a recording of things in case anything happens. There will be dressing areas not under surveillance, for privacy for changing if you are shy. Many of the models are not! So you can feel mostly safe that your belongings will be ok, but don't be careless and leave things strewn around. Most models doing the workshop I know personally or Toni/Lushes knows personally, so this is family, but let's just be street smart. Things do get lost at these kinds of events, but the surveillance will help us track if something does occur.

Conduct-This is not the kind of workshop where you get crazy drunk and make an arse of yourself. This is a cute fun workshop where it's all about girl power. I am very maternal and all about making women feel good about themselves. So I don't want anyone with attitude. This is supposed to be fun. Work together and we will get amazing shots. Additionally, please note that we will have 13 years olds in the mix. They will be helpers and even model a little in dresses later on or take part in the RD Satori Santa cover shoot. So please try to be mindful of conversations when they are in the room and be mindful of your posing. Please don't do a bunch of shots and then strip down and pose raunchy! I chose classy models, but I want to be very clear of my expectations. be good examples for these girls, they will be taking cues from you, and I want them to learn about the modeling industry and about being independent strong sassy women when they grow up!

Conduct of photographers-If anyone is being weird let me, my partner Micho Detronik, Toni/Lushes La Moan, or her bf Shane Bang know as soon as you are able. I will not tolerate any creepy male photographers trying to manipulate, nor female photogs for that matter.

We have some photog friends attending we can suggest as well. Check out Lisolette Gilcrest, Pixi Holiday and our own Adam Layne! We may get really lucky and get an appearance from Sita Mae Edwards as well. Fingers crossed.

Please bring your ids, so i know you are 18.

And last but not least, please have an amazing time. You are my guests and my darlings for the day. I'd like you to feel spoiled and fabulous during this event. Thank you for your participation. I will be doing another workshop for Dirty Show on February 19th, and I tend to choose models I have worked with before.

Thanks from Kristine (and my partner Micho!)

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We're on our way!! See ya there!!:cool:

20. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

21. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

22. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

23. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

24. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What an AWESOME time last night! Thee most perfect place to throw a hot rod/art based party...and complimentary Valentine vodka with the coolest bar! Oh yeah, and the people, all friendly and outgoing. Doesn't get any better than that.

I had no plans to head down there today but I had so much fun last night that if I get my errands done I think I'll check out the action there this afternoon.

26. fleetwood

fleetwood

Had a nice time last night, I hope to make it out tonight. To bad the weather is turning to crap this evening, I wanted to take the roadster out again.

27. Martino

Martino

It was a cool time last night !! Great Valentine Vodka ! The atmosphere was sweet !

28. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Tonight ought to be even better!!! Cuz I'll be there!

29. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]