Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A help?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FlatheadsForever66, Dec 11, 2010.

1. FlatheadsForever66

FlatheadsForever66
    from Arizona

what does the silver bulb that connects to the bottom of the model a steering wheel do. Why does it need to be plugged in to it. also what do the two levers on the original steering column on the model a used for. do i need them?

2. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

I dont know about the siver bulb {guess mine dosent have one} ,the levers are for throttle and timing advance..it will run with out them but will start hard with the timing advanced

3. Well, that silver bulb is the housing that holds the headlight switching mechanism. So if you need lights...

The levers activate throttle and timing advance. You may need 'em if you are running the banger motor.

4. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

If you are talking about the bottom of the steering column,that is the light switch. It is controled by the lever by the horn button.

5. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Headlights and horn, pain in the butt when they go wrong.

6. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

If a dog chases your Model A, quickly retard the spark, turn off ignition, pull the choke a bit, then turn the ignition on. You will get a resounding backfire that will chase it away. [However it may also blow your muffler off]. JD tales from the past.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  7. FlatheadsForever66

FlatheadsForever66
    from Arizona

so the lever on the horn rod is like my light switch? you just turn it and they turn either off and on.

8. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

SOMETIMES! Straight down is off. To the left (7 o'clock) is parking lights; to the right (5 o'clock) is running/low beam; further to the right (4 o'clock) is high beam. The whole stock lighting system is a pain in the AXX!

9. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

I use all these still.
    Left lever is advance since there's no automatic advance in Model A distribitor Position up -timing advance off / down -20 degree advance
    Right lever is throttle - up idle, down more rpm's I use it cruise control
    Lights little switch around the horn button in the middle of steering wheel
    middle off other side parking lights on - other side running lights on and if not early one then also next step high beams on