Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Historic Stock Car Photos

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by indybigjohn, Aug 28, 2008.

1. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Right, B.A. I knew he was a member. Didn't know he was on Facebook until he contacted me last week. We must have chatted for 20 minutes. He WAS the real deal. I understand he was building engines for custom cars here lately. Ray was the kind of guy who would have said something like I saw in somebody's signature line somewhere - "Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

2. raengines

raengines
    from pa.

damn, so sorry to read this, Ray was a good friend. Ray built some really good stuff, ahead of the times in most cases too.

3. Great Pics. Love that #12, Bobby was "Da' Man".

I got to go see one NASCAR Grand National event in Trenton. Think it was '76. Glad I did.

4. Gelinotte

Gelinotte

5. Gelinotte

Gelinotte

6. Gelinotte

Gelinotte

:)

A car with a story...

[​IMG]

7. cherokee

cherokee

Does anyone have any good photos of Richard Petty's 1959 Plymouth (not the replica but the real one)?

8. copley62

copley62

Bigjohn, what about Wayne Watercutter do you have any pictures of his car back in the day of arca. View attachment 1175086

9. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Not sure, Copley. I'll check.

10. lawman

lawman

That is one nice 61 Chevy. Those were the days !!!!! LOL Tom (Tired Old Man)

11. tkhube

tkhube

This is the Ken Reiter of Louisville, Ky with the Bob Taylor sponsored Charger.

12. Racewriter

Racewriter

Damn, that sucks. He helped me with some articles on oiling systems. Great guy and a friggin' genius with respect to engines.

13. refried confusion

refried confusion

________

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  14. DDRE

DDRE
    from Michigan

Indy, so sorry to hear about Mr. Baker. Knew of him for years finally met him at Berlin a few years ago. We actually loaned him a gas cap off our race car for his sons car. Just to let you know we lost another pioneer of the sport this week. Bob "Gilley" Gillelan owner of Moldex Crankshaft passed away on wed this week. God speed to both these great men.

15. allstarracing

allstarracing

Absoutly georgous. Than God for real stockcars. Allstarracing

16. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

You and your Dad didn't miss much!!!! :)

17. 2nd Back Car

2nd Back Car

Thanks, Gelinotte for the Ned Jarett 61 chevy photo! I have been looking for a picture of that car. I needed the picture to finish a 1/10 scale oval pan car for the bomber class we run. I have 3 real 61 chevys.:D

18. 2nd Back Car

2nd Back Car

I see they ran 6 hole truck spindals and rear end in the car back then. We have a racer at Golden sands speed way that runs a 62 chevy 4 door made in to a 2 door bouble top, his race number is 409 (small block motor). But has stock x frame.

19. boldventure

boldventure

From Historics at Laguna Seca 2010, looks like the same car(?) as post #3931.

20. Gelinotte

Gelinotte

:)

Glad I could be of some help....

I have that photo since a long time now...can not remember where a got it...As you can see on my avatar...a 61 Convertible was a big part of my start experience in life with cars....would love to have another one before I change planet...hihihihihi...:D

Would like to see your 1/10 scale...and your 61 chevys...:rolleyes:

See you...

Réjean :cool:

21. vegas_oldtimer

vegas_oldtimer

An oldie - Dick Dunlevy, Sr. at an ARCA race - Eldora, 1965.
    The local Chevy dealer taped on sponsorship for this race.

Enjoy.

The Oldtimer.

[​IMG]

22. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

That's a great pic but the one I saw in the book Cars of the King shows it as number 38.

23. toml24

toml24

1967 Ascot Park Gardena. Don "Crash" Crager with his figure-8 stock car.

24. jrose7004

jrose7004

I'll bet that rear fender got knocked down on that rear tire pretty quickly!

25. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

I have the book Cars of the King and a bunch of magazine articles of Richard Petty. I'll see what I can dig up. Just got a new scanner and been looking for an excuse to scan something.

26. cherokee

cherokee

Hey, Thanks. I'll be interesting to see what you have in that book.

27. Dave Bayer

Dave Bayer

Hi 51NinetyEight, I'm just new here today though I've visited many times before. Black Coupe is a copy of a Nascar Pavement modifed as most appeared in the time period of about '68 to '75 when most cars had switched over to Pinto, Vega or Gremlin sheet metal. Dirt modifieds are a little closer to sprint cars but still there is a fairly big difference. I've seen this car berore, it is set up to register and drive on the street like a normal hot rod. Hope this helps you out.
    Dave Bayer

28. lostspeedway.webs.com

lostspeedway.webs.com
    from Wisconsin

Here is another one from the Ken Hutchens Stable. The #13 Smokey Unick replica that runs the Vintage Racing Series in the Great Lakes area. This was taken at the Oktober Fest Celebration in Black River Falls. It was the winner of the Vintage race at the Famed Milwaukee Mile in West Allis Wisconsin.

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

just a note r.c.alexander passed away yesterday.in franklin tn . he sponsored cars for red farmer.darrel waltrip,flookie buford,his son mike alexander,and latley his grand son clay. i.m sure there are plenty more. he was a very good friend to racing in and around nashville tn. r.i.p.