Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.i.p. Edward blasingame.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60 GASSER, Dec 8, 2010.

1. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

YOU WILL BE MISSED. got to see Ed yesterday, he wanted me to ride with him to sachse, wish i could take that ride! IF YOU EVER MET ED YOU WOULDN'T FORGET HIM! GOOD BY BUDDY.

2. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Got the news this morning. I'm going to miss his phone calls and seeing him at all the swap meets.

My condolences to Sandra.

3. Rusty

Rusty

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just dont know what to say!!!! You just never know! One of those guys I have seen everywhere for all my life, swap meets, races, etc. Will never forget the pics from the Hamb Drags and my son in the Scorpion he went out of his way to get to me last year. you will be dearly missed! RIP my hot rod friend

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010

4. Anderson

Anderson

Heard about this earlier today too. I didn't know Ed well but I know a lot of other people who did, and I know he was a good guy who will be missed. RIP Ed.

Attached Files:

5. Rusty

Rusty

to the top for the night crew that has not heard

6. Angliaman

Angliaman
    from Forney, Tx

R.I.P. Ed. I'll always remember his smile when he saw you,his stories and the fun we had at Columbus, riding in his wagon as we push Bobby and the Scorpion for the Cackle fest.

Attached Files:

7. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

R.I.P Ed...

8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Sorry for the loss of your friend, lost two in the last month myself.

9. hot rust

hot rust

never met him in person but talked on the phone several times heck of a nice guy and i'm certain he will be missed by all. my condolences to the family and friends.godspeed ed...............................

10. damit Ed....who's going to haggle with me over my latest find or the old stuff I'm holding on to???...guess you'll be over my shoulder telling me to hold on to it....or somehow tell me you need it....

will miss you old bud....you just don't know how much this kid will...

lwf

11. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

His smile, thats it man! He was on okie transplant you know, he'd give me shit about being an indian or a okie! I'd have the radio cranked in the shop and he would sneak in while i was welding and scream "hey" just scare the shit out of me! soooooo, he always made a point to come buy and shit, just stink the place up royaly well i put a truck air horn under the sink in the bathroom, it took about a mounth but finaly i got him! I walked up to the bathroom door and screamed "hey" and he mumbled something and then i let the horn go!" you damn indian!!" he said, "thought you might be constipated ed!" i said. I don't think he ever shit there again, if he did i wasn't there, i called him a honky after that! "fun" thats what ed was all about! Rob ragland called me and told me...he didn't know if it was true.. so i called his phone, no answer it was his voice mail...probably the last time i'll hear his voice. then sandra called corfiming that ed had passed. man it sucks

12. orig. rat patrol

orig. rat patrol

Im in shock!!!! talked to him on monday about some parts.. He was an awesome guy, and anytime i was in Oklahoma i stay with him and Sandra at their house.. he will be truly missed.. Love ya man..

Skeet

13. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ed was a kool guy and had an eye for kool. He was an inspiration to me and the rest
    of the kats. I'm going to miss that smile, it would make anybody happy. I'm going to
    miss him...

Prayers go out to Sandra, family and friends.

[​IMG]

God blessings, Mick

14. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

ed was one of the best

a great friend and hero to me!

15. yblock292

yblock292

Really a nice guy,met him in dewey last year with his beautiful coupe, great guy will be truly missed.

16. Never be another like Ed,,sorry to read of his passing..was expecting to see him at Sachse this weekend...Condolences to his family..

17. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

Will miss him alot, he always helped me out when i needed info on a build.
    RIP ED

18. sounds like a stand up guy and good friend sorry for the loss

19. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

Heres what i know now. visitation will be held monday eve at bean massey burge funeral home. 733 dalworth st, Grand prairie tx. 75050 The funeral will be held the following day, same location at 10:30. i will post more info if i hear anything.

20. Tinker51

Tinker51
    from Dallas Tx.

rip ed you will be missed.

21. 3in1

3in1
    from nevada tx

Yes Ed i still owe ya lunch but it will have to wait til later save me a seat . C

22. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

Amen, hope he can pull a few strings for a seat for me? i can only wonder how many speed parts he will have up there!

23. good service today with lots of stories - we got a good feel for where he stood with the man up stairs....so when we get - a kinda big shoulder push - some day....while we're standing alone.....just remember our good friend Ed...