Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you ever taken your wife

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indygasser, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Outch that could get your dinner burnt what was the name of that yard hehe!

2. FityFive

FityFive

I took my wife to a salvage yard to get a 9" rear end for my 1955 F100. She lost a diamond out of her wedding ring during the process (long story). The replacement diamond cost me 3 times the 9". Now, I go without her.

Fityfiv
    1955 F100/390/C6

3. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

I had to stop taking the Ol' lady, we kept ending up in the back seat of some Old P.O.S. ! ! ! Now I have kids named Edsel, Ford, Chevy and Buick ! ! ! I bet you can tell where each one of
    them was conceived ? ?

4. Al-

Al-
    from Baltimore

I take mine to do the negotiating, a smile from a pretty girl goes a long way with the elmos working in junkyards.

5. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

i took my wife one night & she told me to never do that again!

6. killer-D

killer-D

My wife would live in an old junk yard.She loves them.She would rather walk through a junk yard than go shopping.Her favorite thing is looking around swap meets.I have a great wife,her mom and grandmother are the same way.They all build cars.I am one of the luckiest guys in the world

7. warrick

warrick

mine has been in every yard in a three state area, help build my frist drit car, and is helping on my 69 chevelle now so we can build her a rat style truck, makes what i like doing alot easier and fun

8. 76cam

76cam

I hear you blue one I go do stuff with them all the time they just dont go with me to the junk yard all the time now that there older You now how girls get lol ... Im the only male left in the house since my son moved out.

9. cac646

cac646

I asked my wife to marry me right before we headed to a wrecking yard with a bunch of friends to look at cars.

I also had her out at a wrecking yard when she was 8 months pregnant. No complaining either!!!:D:D

10. henryj429

henryj429

My wife will come along, as long as the stuff is really really old. While I search for parts, she usually find all sorts of weird antique stuff in the trunks and back seats. She loves doing that, and - she can spot a 37 Ford pickup grille from 200 yards. A day in the junk yard does end up costing me an afternoon in Walmart, though.

11. Mine goes and gets right in there with me. Has done so for about 40 years give or take. That's not a problem is it?

12. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Took mine to my machinist's shop which is the next best thing because he has his own private junkyard. She wouldn't get out of the car. When I got back in she said it was like the place in "Silence of the Lambs".

13. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

I had to learn to speak Japanese when I was on Okinawa restoring vintage Japanese cars. My wife said "Learn the language or leave the cars alone!"
    I learned quick...

14. I've have, but she stoped short of my goal. She realized, that her long walk on a short pier, was not a good thing !

15. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

Mine's only sat out one trip, and that was when I went to pull doors and a front clip from an f100 back last year while the freakish snow was starting to melt. I should have staid home too come to think of it....

16. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

i take my wife everywhere , then i don't have to kiss her goodbye.

17. BadCat68

BadCat68
    from C.R. MN

i take mine to watch my tools while im hunting for parts but end having to deal with weirdos staring at her or trying to talk to her when they cant see me by her

18. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

I take mine to the Barrie swap meet twice a year. She now knows more of the regular vendors than I do. Not only that I seem to be the one tagging along while she does the deals. It has got to the point where they offer us a beer or three and if we drank everything we were offerd we would never get past the first two feilds of dreams...lol. Yup tities and beer always gettin the job done and nope Im not complaning

19. derpr

derpr

I took mine one time. we have a good time in a 70's type hippie van. but now she just lets me go by myself. I think of it as me time.

20. My "understanding" wife used to go with... until one afternoon after wading through the brush she bloodied a couple of her freshly painted toenails tripping on some buried iron (she refused to wear boots and insisted on sneakers) and I had to pull a few ticks off the back of her arm (short sleeves) - Now she says "you go and have fun with the blood sucking parasites" wonder if she means my friends or the ticks

21. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

yep twice

first time need a driver, in Maple Lake Mn at a old farmers junkyard
    was making the deal on a 65 Chevy 2 dr sedan 283 stick with headers the old bone had the look
    2 or 3 hours later, 95 degrees outside with no air :eek: i heard work coming out of her mouth unfit to repeat :D wow

second time was Gallup New Mexico she said pick a day to go to that junkyard
    i'll bring a book the car we rented had cold air what an improvement in her vocabulary

old photo from that Gallup trip cars piled up in a ravine
    [​IMG]
    next trip to Gallup they were all gone

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  22. trmel3

trmel3
    from new jersey

all the time.. shes the greatest while i pull parts she out huntin for parts. knows her parts well. she is also a manager of a retail autoparts store.also a.s.e certified in parts. (haha) i think i created a moster after 15 years

23. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I hear you but nowdays its tough to find a woman that cooks. My wife doesn't go to car shows, junk yards parts stores. She does however let me go when ever I want.

24. Racewriter

Racewriter

Mine gets pissed if I go without her.

25. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

My wife loves to go! She likes to pick out projects and describe everything she would do to it. IN DETAIL. Makes me proud.

26. paintcan54

paintcan54

Took my wife to the junk yard once back in the '70s looking for some water pump and balancer pully's when we left she said " I am not ever going to one of them shit hole places again" and she hasn't.

27. fatkoop

fatkoop

Not right, but really funny!!

28. vintage tin

vintage tin

Only once. We were out of state and came a cross a really old yard.
    She agreed to go with. we walked the yard in the rain (she did have an umbrella).
    She's a keeper, that was on our Honeymoon. ;)

29. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

My wife loves to come out to the garage with me for major projects like pulling an engine and we ran a parts store together for a few years. Bone yards? Only one locallly and it isn't worth the drive to get there. She's the Queen of Craigslist though, always finding deals I'd miss completely.

Devin

30. fleet-master

fleet-master

yep...I take mine to the boneyard as often as i can...she holds my tools