Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Detroit's 1st annu. Hot Rod & PinUp Show Extravaganza!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safari-wagon, Dec 1, 2010.

1. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

10-12DEC Downtown Detroit-
    District VII Gallery, Mike the Photo Guy, & Singlefinger Speed Shop are teaming up to present this inaugural event. Detroit's always been a hot rod town, a music landmark, & is quickly becoming renown as an artist's mecca too. This extravaganza brings it all together for an eye-popping weekend! :eek:

There will be a Pin Up exhibition on Fri, photography workshop for models & photogs on Sat, live performances, & an after-party Sat night (Northern Lights Lounge).

What on Earth could be better way to spend a weekend than that??? Here's a few of the things you'll be seeing there:

Attached Files:

2. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Set up for us guys starts tomorrow! I hope that Mike gets a couple of "interesting" shots of the girls in the Singlefinger Special!!! ;)

Attached Files:

3. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

You know that's going to happen. There are few models coming in from out of town. Kristine has work with the biggest names in the business and I can wait to see all the local Pin-ups girls. It should be pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the girls that will modeling. Art, Girls and Hot Rods. This will be fun!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Vintageride

Vintageride

Hot rods, music, and pin up girls.

I do love Detroit!

Vintageride

5. Deuces

Deuces

Way to go Motown!! :D

6. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

a few are gunna try to make it.

george

7. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

The first sign of a major party is the SingleFinger Speed Shop!! This is going to be fun!!
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I hope for a good turnout so we do more events like this.
    Mike TPG

9. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Here's all the info for girls that want to have fun modeling this weekend. This will be really fun. Here's a chance to be dolled up and photographed.
    Mike TPG

Hi ladies, here is some important info for you about the weekend.

First off, the space is a three story high raw warehouse. I have a big gas heater, but the hot air leaks out fast, so I cannot keep it as warm as you might keep your apartment. I will run the heat all day and night, and I have kerosene heaters as well. So this means you should bring cute robes and wraps and coats to wear between posing sets. If you have fancy robes, that would be awesome. IF you have extras and don't mind sharing, you score extra points.

Wardrobe:
    I am providing wardrobe, but this does not guarantee you will have a complete outfit, so bring items of your won as well. GirdleBound sells many bottoms but very few tops, and the tops he does sell tend to be for quite busty girls. I have an assortment of GB bottoms, but they tend to be smaller sizes (waist 24-28 generally) because in NY I shot a lot of agency models in his gear. I asked him to rush me some more items, and they should arrive tomorrow. I have put together a little album of photos so you can see the wardrobe I do have. If you do not fit the GB items, I have a vast collection of vintage lingerie and cute outfits from my personal collection in a full range of sizes, and I have been dyeing many items red and green this week for the workshop. I will have items you may use, also including hats and gloves, and there will be many items for sale (I decided to purge big time) but please show me respect and care for the items properly if you end up borrowing wardrobe.

http://studiox.viewbook.com/girdlebound#1

Hair/Makeup: Everyone should do their own foundation and mascara to save time. Meredith will be doing makeup, she is a superstar mua and my most trusted in the area. Additionally I have some member of Dizzy Dames who cam help others. For those models who are great at their own makeup, and prefer to do it themselves, I am all for that, it saves time. Please create classic pin up looks, like red glossy defined lips, bright round blush, punchy colors and maybe even lashes. Hair should be big, or curled or you should wear a vintage hat. Now that I have added more models, I feel I should hire some extra hair staff, so I contacted the ladies at Black the Salon who helped us at the Damned Show, and I'm totally down if Red Salon wants to participate. The pics will be amazing for portfolios, so if you know any muas and hair stylists who would be good for this, do let me know.

Toni/Lushes La Moan will be teaching a class from 12-2. It cost $30 for models who are participating in the workshop.
    I will be teaching the photography students from 3-4pm, then shoots start at 4pm. Shoots go from 4-7pm, with as little time after 7 for me to get some of my own shooting done. You may stay after the workshop hours end, you are quite welcome to do so. At 9pm we have our after party at Northern Lights. The Dizzy dames burlesque crew will perform for us. It's going to be amazing.

We are doing an awesome raffle this weekend and the prizes are amazing. They will be on sale Friday and Saturday at District VII and at Northern Lights during the after party.

What you should bring:

-If you have any thigh high stockings, bring them, they attach to the girdles and the garter belts and are adorable and important to this look. I have some that have been used once by models and then washed. So there will be some handy. Also I have some I own, but they are limited, it's pretty costly for me to give out 20 pairs, as they tend to get ripped by the end of the workshop, so 20 would cost me several hundred dollars! i will do what I can, but bring your own if you have them! They can be purchased at V-Male, and i have a feeling V-Male and Noir Leather might give our participants a lil discount...
    -Shoes. Bring at least two pairs of pumps. I have bins of shoes, mostly in sizes 6-7.5, but there are some 8s, 9s and 10s. They can supplement, but you should have some of your own. I do not want goth boots, or the kind of stripper heels with huge platforms, this is a classic look we are going for, timeless if you will, so try not to have distracting elements in wardrobe that reminds people it isn't the 50s!
    -Bras, corsets-Since GirdleBound does not have more than three bras for sale, you will need to bring some vintage looking bras or corsets. I have many in white, cream and black in a span of sizes, and I am dyeing many this week, but please bring some of your own. Things could get hectic and my goal is for this all to go smoothly so everyone will have the most amazing shoot experience of their life. These workshops are so fun, let's be prepared and all work together.
    -Accessories. I have lots of vintage gloves, and I have some hats. Bring some of your own if you have them.
    -Makeup/Hair-Bring a small pouch of makeup items for touch ups, especially your foundation and mascara

Now there will be surveillance in every part of both the gallery-warehouse and also the studio upstairs, and things will be recorded. So you can feel safe that we will have a recording of things in case anything happens. There will be dressing areas not under surveillance, for privacy for changing if you are shy. Many of the models are not! So you can feel mostly safe that your belongings will be ok, but don't be careless and leave things strewn around. Most models doing the workshop I know personally or Toni/Lushes knows personally, so this is family, but let's just be street smart. Things do get lost at these kinds of events, but the surveillance will help us track if something does occur.

Conduct-This is not the kind of workshop where you get crazy drunk and make an arse of yourself. This is a cute fun workshop where it's all about girl power. I am very maternal and all about making women feel good about themselves. So I don't want anyone with attitude. This is supposed to be fun. Work together and we will get amazing shots. Additionally, please note that we will have 13 years olds in the mix. They will be helpers and even model a little in dresses later on or take part in the RD Satori Santa cover shoot. So please try to be mindful of conversations when they are in the room and be mindful of your posing. Please don't do a bunch of shots and then strip down and pose raunchy! I chose classy models, but I want to be very clear of my expectations. be good examples for these girls, they will be taking cues from you, and I want them to learn about the modeling industry and about being independent strong sassy women when they grow up!

Conduct of photographers-If anyone is being weird let me, my partner Micho Detronik, Toni/Lushes La Moan, or her bf Shane Bang know as soon as you are able. I will not tolerate any creepy male photographers trying to manipulate, nor female photogs for that matter.

We have some photog friends attending we can suggest as well. Check out Lisolette Gilcrest, Pixi Holiday and our own Adam Layne! We may get really lucky and get an appearance from Sita Mae Edwards as well. Fingers crossed.

Please bring your ids, so i know you are 18.

And last but not least, please have an amazing time. You are my guests and my darlings for the day. I'd like you to feel spoiled and fabulous during this event. Thank you for your participation. I will be doing another workshop for Dirty Show on February 19th, and I tend to choose models I have worked with before.

Thanks from Kristine (and my partner Micho!)