Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs History of the Custom display ~ GNRS ~ OFFICIAL thread info & photo's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Wife and I fly ALLEGIANT from Mesa to Medford, Redmond and Eugene regularly, great prices, no frills. Book EARLY for the best prices. We are driving over for the show this time tho.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

The Pierson Coupe? The Ralph Testa Merc? No clue as to what else remains up your sleeve's but thus far this is without a doubt THE best representation of a Historical Custom Car display in the world ! Well done gents. One could only imagine the workload that Axle,Rik, and Jeff have put in to this. Many more Brits are now making plans to fly out. Cheers

3. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Excellent !

4. Will have to try & get down there then...

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Good Lord...this gets better and better and better every day! thanks guys for your hard work in getting these cars together..

6. It justs keeps getting better !

7. I just cringe everytime I open this thread wondering what the latest addition to the show is going to be. I don't know why I keep torturing myself:(.

You guys are putting on the greatest show ever!!!

8. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Will there be enough room for us normal kustoms in the normal show? haha!

Amazing line-up Rik and Axle!!!!!! Can't wait.

Brian

9. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

Talked to Chuck at Steve's auto restorations today they are being down a sectioned 50 ford built by Valley customs Iam sure Axle knows the car. cant wait.

10. Rikster

Rikster

Fantastic car... Ron Dunn 1950 Ford Coupe... I cant wait to see it either.

How it looks now

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

and before...

[​IMG]

11. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

The Testa Merc ????????? AWSOME !!!!!!!

12. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I need to stop checking this thread. the fact that I can't go nearly brings me tears. No really, stop it. It does

13. Ralph Testa merc...... I have been wanting this car the whole time and im really glad everything worked out.This has always been on my top list of sleds and im glad Rik and Axle felt the same way.There is nothing like seeing these cars in person,I mean that is if you have spent years looking at all these cars in the books like most of us have.To be able to be around all of these for a weekend is very special,just think about it for a minute..... these cars were the ones tearing down Atlantic blvd back in the early days.To still have em is really something great. Well I guess we will be celebrating Christmas on its regular date but it looks like most custom guys wont be getting their presents till the end of January.

14. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Every time I open this thread it just makes me more and more gutted that I'm not going to be able to be there! You lucky bastards that make it better have some damn good cameras and itchy trigger fingers so that the thread after the event is at least as long as this one. Quadriplegia sucks.
    This is going to kick so much ass!
    Paul

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hello guys, i am happy to announce that we have yet another proud sponsor of the "History of the Customs - Then & Now" building. Dennis from O'Brien Truckers will be helping us out along with Luke from Kustoms Illustrated and he has a very special gift which i will have Rik Hoving tell you all in a short while. Thanks Dennis. Everything helps!

Attached Files:

16. Kripfink im very sorry to hear that.Im not trying to rub it in,I wish you were able to come down man.:(

17. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

If you know them at all, Luke and Dennis were already awesome guys. What they're doing for this show just goes in line with who they are! ...Thanks guys!!!:cool:

18. Rikster

Rikster

As mentioned by Axle... Dennis O'Brien from O'Brien Truckers is going to sponsor this event along side with Kustoms Illustrated.

He will create a one-off special Cast Aluminum Plaque that every participant that is entering a Custom Car in the Customs Then & Now exhibit.
    Cast in aluminum painted with a nice gloss maroon and belt sanded top...
    This one will be really nice.

Below is the Photoshopped artwork for it... Thank you Dennis and Sue.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  19. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Hey man, forget about it. What I posted wasn't aimed at you or anyone else! My problems ain't your problem .I really, really truthfully hope you lucky guys have the time of your life, because I really want to hear about it afterwards.
    Paul

20. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

test merc is awesome.what a triumph of skill and styling ...and getting it to the show

21. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Too cool1Looks awesome!

22. These are gonna be cool....Dennis does fantastic work!

Any chance of another plaque commemorating the event? That would still make participant plaques unique and special in their own right, but also give the rest of us who didn't bring a car something to display and remember this historic event.

Just a thought.

Thanks to everyone involved in this event. Is it January yet???...

Bryan

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  23. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Great thought on keepin the participants plaques unique, and that's a great idea on a different commemorative plaque for the rest of us, Bryan.

...well, Dennis...watcha think????????? :D

24. I'd love to do it if there is enough interest, but it's not really my call.

Axle?

25. Great idea!

26. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Dennis Rules.

27. We are having a meeting tonight fellas,I will bring this plaque subject up to the other guys.I think it's a great idea.That would make for a great memory of the show.

28. I know you will sell at least four (maybe more) to us Wyo boys if you do some plaques for the regular folk.

29. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Man, this is going to be amazing! I am proud and honored to be a part of this. I cant wait to see all of these cars under one roof. I have to give props to John Buck, Alex & Celeste, Jeff and Rik Hoving for putting this together! I know it is a lot of work to do what they are doing.
    Jimmy White

30. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Do it, Dennis. I'll just fill my wife's suitcase with 'em so you won't have to ship 'em!