Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotrodding is Dead ( Cool Video )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GCG2, Dec 9, 2010.

1. GCG2

GCG2

2. ahahahahhaha it mentioned the crying baby dolls leaning on fenders at the shows......God Damn I hate those fucking dolls and all the stuffed animals posed and put on display!!!
    Listen guys, nothing says "my wife has my balls in her purse" faster than them stupid assed dolls she gets you to prop on your car!!

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

"hard to take a guy serious, who paid 6000$ to have his car painted like an easter egg.".

LMFAO..right on!

4. SteadyT

SteadyT

Bad ass. The last 30 seconds sure sums it up.

5. flthd

flthd

That kinda sums up how I feel.

6. HotRod33

HotRod33

it kinda tells it like it is......

7. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

this is the comment most poeple agree with on the video.

""i stick to true Hot Rodding saving abandoned beauties driving with their patina.
    Any Body who modernizes classics with digital, gauges, billet grills, tv's, cd players, ugly bright paint jobs, and big rims CAN NOT CALL THEMSELVES A HOT RODDER!!!!
    IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT GO AHEAD AND TRY TO CONFRONT A TRUE HOT RODDER LIKE ME WITH YOUR LITTLE TRAILER QUEEN PIECE OF CRAP AND WILL SHOW YOU WHAT ARE LITTLE RUST BUCKETS CAN DO.""

yea driving in rust buckets is what its all about :rolleyes:.......

God i hate people.

8. Nominal

Nominal

9. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

uh, oh....I have a CD player.....looks like I'm going to have to find a new hobby.... You'd think after being involved in this hobby for 50 years someone would have told me that I was doing it wrong !

I'd like to match my rodding resume' with the guy's history that made that video....

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I've seen that film before and have to say I tend to agree with most of what's in it.

True hot rodding was and is just as he says. It doesn't matter how long you have been around, and no one said you were doing it wrong.

Although just wanting to defend yourself does say something. As the old saying goes, the guilty proclaim their innocence the loudest :)

Maybe you paid $6000 to have your car painted like an easter egg ? :D

11. Malarky

Malarky

Best thing I read all day.

12. rick finch

rick finch

HELP ME!....HELP ME! My gold chain is chocking me......:rolleyes: Do we have to go through this shit again?

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i don't get what the problem is? the guy makes a video about what he understands to be the roots of hot rodding as we know it. Then you bring up the fact that you have a CD player in your car, and jump everyone's balls, barking about matching hot rodding resumes' ? I don't understand.

yes, you lived through it, you have been there and done that. you did it. then you probably evolved with the hobby through the years to present day-we did not. we long to have been a part of this long passed time, and therefore try to respectfully adhere to what we understand as being "the way it was" as they say-and in this case, pay homage to it through film. it's not a pissing contest about who's done what, it's about an ideal-whether or not someone has lived through it doesn't matter.

I think you're bringing up two different things. Traditional hot rodding, and modern hot rodding, with modern amenities. The two things are mutually exclusive, even if one is just a modern version of the other.

and please don't get upiddy and accuse me of being disrespectful, you're the one who for some reason started a weird pissing match.

again, don't take this as disrespect, i just really didn't understand why you posted that and started this thread in a negative direction. it's a cool video, whether or not you've done it all and the film maker hasn't.

14. concreteman

concreteman

At least you got a Gold Chain - mine as you know is all RUSTY :eek:

15. cozee

cozee

How is one choosing to paint their car like an easter egg any different than one choosing to leave theirs looking like a one needing paint?? I agree not everyone is into shine but not everyone is into chalk and rust. And please don't call it patina as that definitely isn't a true and roots type hot rodding term!!!!!!!!

I grew up with the understanding hot rodding was about a guy and his car so when it comes down to it, if each is happy doing their own thing, who really cares!! (and isn't that what the video is saying???)

Geesch, what next, thumb wars at noon around the sand box over at Greenbriar Park??!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  16. gas pumper

gas pumper

Tommy made the video, and the 999 and I think Scarry Larry's car. Footage from Latimore.

17. sensor

sensor

18. MercMark

MercMark

What kinda catalogs does this guy read? Toasters and vibrators?

19. K and K

K and K

lmfao

20. GCG2

GCG2

I by no means wanted to start a pissing contest.. It's a cool video, and I thought some might enjoy it.. :cool:

21. AND.. hard to take anyone seriously who pays ANYTHING to make a car look like it's got old worn 'patina' - especially glass ones!

Actually, the link to this vid gets posted pretty often, and the usual shit gets thrashed out every time.

22. What's a vibrator? Is it HAMB friendly?
    Never seen one down here.

23. K and K

K and K

Its not traditional...

24. moefuzz

moefuzz

not even if it's powered by a 350?

25. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

i couldnt agree more, my friend sat at a car show last year with his 37 plymouth and listened to a guy next to him with a plastic willys coupe bitch because everyone walked by his sixty thousand dollar car that he paid to have built and walk up to my friends ratty old plymouth, he got more attention then the willys all night, i love it!

26. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

THANK YOU FOR THE VIDEO, YOU STARTED MY DAY OFF RIGHT. It is right on, FUCK the negative comments.:D

27. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

well, i enjoyed it. and as far as pissing contest, don't sweat it, seems like every thread ends up in that direction lately anyway. thanks.

28. clockwork31

clockwork31

Thanks for this great video, it's always cool to see vintage shots. True hot rodding wasn't about a bunch of guys bashing each other on the internet. it was about love for their customize cars and I think this is something we all have in common. :rolleyes:

29. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

No kidding, it's a great video. We've seen it posted here before, but good for you to post it again, for those who didn't catch it the first time.
    My point is, when some defines a hot hot as something so restrictive as to not allow someone to have a CD player, then that's setting standards that are just over-the-top.
    The phrase "in my opinion" should be added to all comments (and videos) regarding someone's thoughts defining anything, otherwise you are setting your standards as the "gold standard" and that's just not fair to everyone else.
    You have to remember that when I started in rodding there were two major hot rod car clubs in Southern California.
    Both had a cutoff year of 1936 to be a member. If you owned a bitchin '40, tough luck, you couldn't join.
    So, things have changed and what year a car is today doesn't matter.
    And a rusty or primered car is now OK with many guys today, but in the 60's that just was unacceptable.
    Everything changes and if a guy wants some music, then whats the big deal?
    So, sorry for my comments last night, but I just don't like anyone telling me that I'm doing it wrong and have been since the '60's.

Oh, and I don't do Easter-egg crap paint, I do my own work, and I don't do fiberglass....but that's just me and "in my opinion".

Carry on....

30. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

video sums It up real well.I dont like the easter egg paint jobs either.