Register now to get rid of these ads!

DEUCE OF SPADES big World Premiere Back to the Fifties Celebration Sun 11/14 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HiboyGirl, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faith, Friday was one of my happiest days this year!!Why you ask because when i reached in the mail box my 4 copies of DOS had arrived.My wife said I looked like a kid smiling from ear to ear an she couldn't figure out why.We both watched the film on Saturday evening we made this a real date,She loved it an so did I.You an your entire crew did a awesome job what a story line.Thanks for my signed copies an most of all THANK YOU for the credits "IN MEMORY OF SHELBY CAIN" at the end.Shelby was a true hot rodder.He built all his own cars an motors an this movie brought so much of him to our memories,of him working late in the garage,cars were always first to him an yes Shelby did alot of street racing.One of his quotes was "HORSEPOWER NEVER GOES OUT OF STYLE" Shelby passed away on Dec.15th 2009 so this film was a great GIFT.Thank you!!

2. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

I played the movie again for friends, wives included, all liked the movie. A well balanced Guy Flick and Chick Flick. Going to order another for my friend in Australia.
    Here is a YouTube link to festivities outside of the theater during the premier if you have not seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag-eJh5MDZc

3. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Just my luck, I got my DVD and now my DVD player is on the fritz. I could play it on the puter but I want my big screen and surround sound! Oh the Humanity!

4. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Some players may have a hard time with 24 progressive formats because it is a relatively new technology... What's you rplayer brand, year? Dvd was tested on many players as well as blue ray players (works great), misc devices such as playstations etc and it played great on there too... It's playing well in France 9despite the pal - secam format there) and in all countries so far :D... But then occasionally there is the one player that just won't hear about it... try it at a friend's house and let me know if it played Ok there... You do want to see it / hear it on home theater with SURROUND ON volume at 12 ;)

5. Moondog Man

Moondog Man

My #214 (to #217:)) arrived yesterday.

Moondog Man
    Finland

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Its definately the dvd player. Its dead.

7. wolfman52

wolfman52

I just ordered my copy today.Heard about the movie through the Chrome Czars forum.I'll be anxiously awaiting.Hope to see it on the holidays with the family.

8. bear39

bear39

Took it into work showed my students they loved it no boss showed up still working Bear

9. daddio211

daddio211

Well it wouldn't be the HAMB without someone bitching, would it? :rolleyes:

I didn't want to bore you with my life details, but we spent some time talking at the LARS show this year, along with my daughter. How many copies are left? Now she wants a copy for Christmas!

I loaned the movie to a friend, then another friend, then another friend. They've all asked it I mind if they burn a copy of it, to which I EMPHATICALLY said "NO! GO BUY YOUR OWN!"

One friend is in the process of opening a drive-in movie theater and wants to use this as the opening night movie. His theater is still a while from opening, but he was hoping it was available in 35mm... or some metric number that I don't use on my hot rods!

The wife and kids want to watch it again tonight (3rd time for the wife and I) so I have to go get it across town... GRRRR! I shoulda bought 100 copies and sold them for $25 each!

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic movie Faith! I'll forever be preaching the gospel of DOS and telling people to buy it!

10. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

can I still buy a copy?

11. my DVD last week it was realy cool I love how it all comes together in the end Very good Flik can't wait to see part 2

12. (Got) my DVD last week it was realy cool I love how it all comes together in the end Very good Flik can't wait to see part 2

13. my copy arrived in the mail thursday, watched it tonight with the wife, she had a tear in the eye, I loved the cars, great movie.

14. Damn.... I need to see this movie!! SO.... Faith... Am I too late to get a copy or am I in the "you snooze you lose" crowd????

15. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

Sorry guys, but drag racing and cops in an Orange grove all the time and hearing "Johnny" at least 100+ times drove me nuts. Also finding a '32 stored all those years and "ready to roll" was unreal and then towing it with a cover on is a big "DO NOT DO". When all "the guys" lifted the hood to see the engine...why not show the engine (even if its ANY engine)? Movie is good for the DVD crowd and for newer "Rodders",but only partially repesents "that era". I know no one has an AG budget for a car-movie but REAL technical advice is available (for free) from the people that were there and should be used to make a movie more complete.
    I know I will be raked-over-the-coals for my comments but hopefully someone gives constructive critisims so the next film is better yet.

16. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Got a nice accolade from REV IT UP RADIO and So Cal Speed SHop owner on the show, they interviewed me a few days ago and then posted THIS:

FAITH GRANGER NEW FILM IS DESTINED TO BE ONE OF THE GREATEST HOT ROD MOVIE EVER.

(see post here: http://revitupradio.net/ )

So look, no film can please everyone. There is always a portion of audience who will not get it or not like it or think it is not that special or that they coudl do better themselves (please go ahead and make one).

Everyone: THAT IS PERFECTLY NORMAL AND OK.

What matters is your statistics indicating the BIG portion of audience LOOOOVES it... T sales and ratings up the roof... That speaks for itself. The other people are just not my audience, and they will enjoy someone else's movie ;). I am Ok with that.

Note of interest: When it came to consult regarding the film I had the very TOP people involved. Curator of AMERICAN HOT ROD foundation Jim Miller, who has more info and historical records than anyone alive (I think LOL) at his fingertips about the old days, records, photos etc etc... And of course Hot rod veteran and Hall of famer TOM SPARKS, who was a car consultant for over 120 major motion pictures since back in the day.

So if they cannot do the job right, then who can? LOL

edwardlloyd likes this.
  17. Moondog Man

Moondog Man

Ready to roll? You must have missed the part (during opening credits) where "Hot Rod Girl" is fixing the Deuce (maybe you concentrated too much on the music :rolleyes:) before heading to Bob's Big Boy :eek:

18. Not to mention the old lady she bought it from said her husband had spent years working on the car!

19. nolly

nolly

The gall(Gaul?:p) of some people!! Looks like the 'I'm gonna pick this film apart' possee have arrived!!:rolleyes:
    Nice radio interview,Faith!:D
    If you've not yet seen DOS,be warned, there's a near-spoiler in the interview,where one of the jocks mentions what happens to one of the rods!! Though if you've followed Faiths blogs,you'll know a little about it already!!:cool:

20. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

I just finished watching it....I can see what T.Kitchen is saying....but even AG had its flaws in the technical area....lots of them......

Faith, good job.....I did find the story a bit sappy....but I'm a guy....we think all love stories are sappy......I can see why the ladies like it.....

Some of the effects were cool too........Glad I ordered it.

21. bradroe

bradroe

Watching it for the forth time tonite. Having some friends over for a DOS party. Faith did you get more copies, wanting a couple more for Christmas gifts.

22. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

YES :D another 2500 DVDs were just delivered and they are going fast. So go ahead and order what you need... ALSO:

I WILL BE AT THE MOONEYE CHRISTMAS PARTY car show tomorrow SAT 12/11/10 - all day. Show takes place at Toyota Speedway in Irwindale.

Look for my black booth - spot number #407. I will be signing anything you bring and the booth will be LOADED with cool merch, including of course the DVDs.

So come on by and say Hi.

See you tomorrow!! :)

23. slepe67

slepe67

whew...exactly what I logged in for tonight!

I was getting impatient!!!! Now it's back out to the curb to wait for the mailman!

24. swi66

swi66

As for the comment about finding a Deuce under a tarp after all these years..............
    Isn't that everyones dream?????
    Allmost.............ready to go!
    Finding a garage full of old cars ready for the picking!
    Isn't that what we all hear "someone else" found, and lament..........."Why wasn't it me?"
    It's whats known as "Artistic license". To tell the story.

Movies are what dreams are made of, really want to go over all the technical errors in American Graffitti?
    For instance, the scene in Graffitti where they cabled the rear end of the cop car.
    wouldn't those cops be seriously injured? But it made for a funny scene and a good story didn't it?

Speaking as a person, who tracks down and collects "car movies".
    Deuce of Spades is one of the best, I've ever seen.
    Ive seen many good, but many more BAD.

Faith............better order some more copies.
    I think you willl need them.

I've posted a link about the movie, on some local forums out this way.
    Generated some talk, and I think some sales for you.

Swi66

25. SocialD34

SocialD34

Man, I have to see this movie!

26. bradroe

bradroe

Faith, are you going to be at the Grand National Roadster Show with The Deuce of Spades? We are flying out to the show from Indiana.

27. bradroe

bradroe

After watching it with a few couples last nite they commented it should be on the big screen and was the best hot rod movie of all time and I would have to agree.

28. nolly

nolly

Nice write up in 'Custon Car'(UK) by ex-pat R & C journo' Kev Elliot.
    2 page spread with pix!!:) He was at premier,said film was/is 'fantastic
    ':cool: Is this the 1st review in a mag of the premier!?:confused:
    Ignore the critics!!! They'd pick holes in one of these!!:p
    [/IMG][​IMG]
    or this..;).
    [​IMG]

29. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Had a great time at the MOON EYE Christmas party - Mooneye now carrying the film and sending some to Japan to their moon store there :) - President of the Trompers came by and he was singing the praises of the film to everyone around. He truly was blown away by the film after attending the Premiere and now actively telling everyone about it. Looks for a nice film review in the Newletter for landspeed Racing coming up next week :)...

Things have been insanely busy, going through those 100 DVD boxes like crazy. Everybody is talking about the film everywhere. The retail stores that carry it in Europe can't seem to keep it in stock either. As soon as they post them they sell out LOL. Nice problem to have.

Got a nice email from the people at the Minnesotta hot rod association, they found out the deuce if from Minnesotta and are now that much more interested in the film... Nice folks.

I've been going NON STOP, skipping meals and pretty drained now but keeping up with incoming orders and getting them out FAST so people can have them for Christmas.

Getting some really wonderful fanmails / feedbacks and it seems the film is touching the heart of many around the world and motivating them also to get back to their projects and getting them done - for some it is buying a new project.

I am very happy (and very tired LOL)

30. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

i think its mooneye(s)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.