Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone ever delt with...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MOOSE13, Feb 1, 2008.

1. MOOSE13

MOOSE13

Jackson performance transmission......in Henderson NC..thanks

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

nope but i do know someone who lives in Henderson NC and he was not impressed with any of the trans shops in that area..he didnt give names but he was so dissapointed with ALL of them that he went out of town..sorry couldnt be more direct help ..but if you are questioning a shops reliability..than you may already have your answer.

3. 1940AD

1940AD
    from New Jersey

is this the guy that sells on ebay?

4. MOOSE13

MOOSE13

5. kxmotox247

kxmotox247

I wouldn't buy anything from them again. After my first transmission took a dump with less than 5 miles on the car... they "rebuilt" it again. It took two months for them to get around to fixing it.
    When I finally got it back, I took it to a local shop who disassembled it. They did confirm that there were new parts in it but a couple of o rings or something were missing. If that wasn't enough, they also told me the torque convertor must have gotten lost during shipment and they wouldn't replace it. I'm sure it was full of junk anyway.
    I sure the heck wouldn't trust them.

6. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My transmission ate second gear after MAYBE 1000 miles MAX of EASY driving(still had the og rear in my 55 and didn't want to tear it up)

I asked him if maybe I got the wrong tranny as I OVER bought on the hp rating--Said "wouldn't matter I put a hardened "sprag" outer race in all my transmissions.........was also supposed to have red clutches(friction discs)
    NOT SO!!!

supposedly built for 650 hp--could not even take 400 being babied!!!

DON'T BUY FROM HIM!! unless you like doing shit twice!:D

[​IMG]

7. A bad experience I had at a suburban chicago place; I had broken my leg therefore could not replace the trans in my 81 cutlass. a year earlier I had installed the 350 rocket and 350 trans from a 71 cutlass in it. after waiting 2 weeks for an install that was to take 2 days, I picked up the car to find it slow as hell and not working correctly.
    Looking into it not only did I find the broken shiftdown cable dragging in the street, but they had replaced the turbo 350 with a piece of crap METRIC trans like what came in the 81 olds origionaly. They told me thats what they had taken out...BULLSHIT!!!!! Needless to say I went back with my father and tried breaking the guys skull with one of the crutches that I was hobbling around on, when my dad dragged me outta there. the only solution I wound up with was that they replaced the broken downshift cable that they didnt even tell me about. they said that it was already broken.
    I've rarley ever had a shop work on or service any car of mine. the results have rareley ever turned out well... don't trust anyone, especially if theyre in business to empty your wallet in the first place.

8. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

You are in Virginia. Give Nottoway Trans. a call . They are in Burkeville they do old and new trans.I worked for them at one time.He also will build and ship.

9. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

bump for info!

10. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Thats the asshole on Ebay that thinks he is some big time trans builder for race cars and his stuff is shit ! Read his shitty F/B and you will see all the problems they have had over the years ! He has cheap prices for a reason ! He gives you cheap junk !

Remember the old saying ...If the price sounds to good to be true ?
    When it comes to certain things a cheap trans rebuilt isn't one you want !
    Spend the money and get a good tran from a reputable dealer , NOT EBAY ! :mad:

11. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Builds the same quality when you SPEND money too!!!
    I came out of pocket on that one!!!

I got RE-pissed about it after looking for more rebuilders for a 700r4...
    Damn there is a lot of shady sob's out there!!!

12. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Really sad & he's still in business ! :mad:

13. ride00007

ride00007
    from Illinois

Yeah... an old thread but still relevant since the ass is still in business.
    Just took apart one of his rebuilt TH350 S/S transmissions. Advertised as having Alto red frictions... it has rabestos. It did have the hardened sprag. Steels were used and resurfaced but looked terrible. Cleanliness was terrible. The valve body had clearly never been apart. 1-2 accumulator spring was removed which is a trick for a harder shift... not neccesarily a good thing. It was filthy. This was nothing more than junkyard tranny with new frictions (falsely advertised on brand) and the hardened race.
    I'm warning everyone that he's not delivering what he's advertising. This is another case of what seems like a deal that's too good to be true probably is.
    This was purchased by a friend... not installed until recently and it did not have a 2-3 shift.