Register now to get rid of these ads!

What ever happened to...Paul Lohrey's T altered?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by landseaandair, Dec 8, 2010.

1. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I was digging through my old mags and ran upon this old article again. I've always thought this car was pretty slick and a few years back it popped up on the "bay" site never to be seen again. It was complete and untouched, other than the engine missing, but the lister seemed oblivious to it's lineage. I'm not looking to buy it, just wondering where'd it go?

my pictures 246.jpg

my pictures 247.jpg

my pictures 249.jpg

my pictures 250.jpg

2. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Anybody in the day crew? The purple had faded to silver and the wheels may have been different.

3. mspurgeon

mspurgeon

I met Paul about 15 years ago when I worked at a hot rod parts store. What a great guy to talk to. I heard at that time the car was sold to a guy in Woodland CA and was in storage, waiting to be restored. Not sure were it went from there, lost contact with my friends in Woodland.

4. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Im restoring the sistor car was owned by Bob Foster and Gene Winther and ran out of Sacromento ?? It was called ( INDECISION ) Any info would be great !!! What mag. did your artical come from ? Thanks Mike whitney<!-- / message -->

5. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Car Craft January 1968

my pictures 251.jpg

6. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

heres a model of it/one very similar. although this one is turboiqe equipped and green. It won second place in the HAMB model build up.

Attached Files:

7. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

What happened, I was just going to comment on the pic posted of Pauls old truck and it vanished.

8. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

OH well, the blower on the truck did look to have the same Cragar idler, short snout and lipped pulley, along with stock style front and rear bearing plates and an old Edelbrock B10 manifold. That also might have been the original Hilborn two port scoop on top of the AFB's.

Thanks for posting it.