Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. DW31S

DW31S
    from Sparks,MD

There is a vintage '69 pic on page #90 here. I think there are some others that are current but I'm not sure on what pages. I only have a lap-top therefore I am unable to post any from the show. Maybe it is time for me to "shift gears" and update my computer (and computer skills). Thanks for the compliments and encouragement, I really appreciate it.

2. 69tincanfairlane

69tincanfairlane
    from UYA

Great work Dave!

Awesome Car!:)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  3. JrFuel

JrFuel
    from USA

OH YEA!!
    I recognize this car from photos from the York Jr.Stocker re-union this past summer....

Its' an awesome piece!!

There's a red '68 Cutlass Coupe (with cragar ss wheels all around) near here that just sits in the alley year after year and never moves... it needs to be restored to "stocker" status like yours.

Very Nice Dave!!

Larry

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  4. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

Wow, Dave Boertman that's name I haven't heard for a long time! I had a 1964 Plymouth Fury Wagon, 426 Street wedge (not the killer alum. frontend Max. wedge) and Torqueflite.

5. Lee Porter

Lee Porter
    from California

Here is Dave Kempton's son Mark's E-Mail address, He can answer any questions about the car or car's
    [email protected]

6. LEW BECKER

LEW BECKER

Check out engine builder magazine-november 2010 issue(free via babcox pub.)feature article on kammer&kammer engine builders with vintage photo of k&k jr.stocker(61 plym?)may have been posted previously.if not will post later along with photo of anderson olds car from pop rod magazine....hi to don himes.don say hi to ron sanders thanx....gotta go and eat,,,,,see ya

7. DW31S

DW31S
    from Sparks,MD

Hey Tweed, Do you know anybody or anything regarding the '65 442 racecar that was supposedly running a 425? Did they claim it was factory installed? Any docs to support it? When you were in contact with Chesrown, did you ever encounter a '65 442 or Cutlass of any type with a FACTORY installed 425? I realize this a stretch from the Stocker theme here, but in a discussion elsewhere this subject and your name came up. Please help. Thanks in advance, Dave.

8. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

9. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

10. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

11. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

12. LAWAUTO

LAWAUTO

Not that the Fords weren't competitive in I/SA but myself Lou Cuviello (L.A.W.) and Marv Ripes had pretty good running 57 corvettes, 283ci/250hp fuel injection.

In Sept of 1970 I set the I/SA record at 12.82 at Atco,NJ with several mid 12.70 runs (letting off) and ran out at 12.66 againest Steve Seaman in Dom Rinaldi's "It's Dynamite" wagon in the quarter or I believe semi finals at the Division 1 Points Meet.
    I believe Marv set the record on the West coast that same weekend but was not shown in the Record list because it was a little higher than 12.82.

The car had a "cast iron" glide at that time, and after changing to an aluminum glide (I added a spare tire and conv top in it to make up for the weight ) it had gone the best of 12.42.

Just to give credit to the Fords, Jack Worrell did go a 12.83 in his Ford Conv.

Marv reset the I/SA record at the 1971 Winter Nationals at 12.57 in the final of Eliminations againest Dave Boertman in the Rod Shop's L/SA wagon. Marv also ran some repectable mid to low 12's.

The one photo is at E-town (wrong year listed in photo) running Frank Cottone and the other is later as a SS/K
    class at Island.

Attached Files:

13. JrFuel

JrFuel
    from USA

I read through the article and yes it is the same Ray Brock.

Your photo with the Long Cross-Ram Intake peeked my interest to find out more.

The article says that he raced a 413 Super Stock Plymouth at the Winternationals once before also... hence the Max Wedge style cross-ram intake...

Can anybody here I.D. for us, what model of Plymouth would have had those hood
    louvers right above the carburetors (from this photo I'm not sure if they were functional)?

Anyway, back to the '69 SEL 6.3ltr.
    None too racy IMO - but hey, you should use whatever you have available.

Can somebody on here 'photo-shop' this first photo into a 'real race car'... might be interesting!

Nice find Colesey!! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  14. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Dave -
    See post #8222. I posted pic of the car. I only know the "story" of this car as told to me by others and the guy in the pic that owned and raced the car -- 425 w/th400 from factory -- " so he claimed"?? No other substantiating info -- sorry!

15. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

If my poor fading memory serves me right, wasn't Eric Dahlquist, by '69, working P.R. for Mercedes? Being an "ol' pal" of Brock's from their Petersen days, it wouldn't have taken much persuadin' to get Eric to supply/encourage such an seemingly outrageous deal as draggin' a Benz...

There's also a "period" road test in Car and Driver of a 6.3..."tested" by Big, hisself, Don Garlits...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  16. copo69

copo69
    from WV

17. Bigcam

Bigcam
    from York, Pa.

Oh the memories! That would be the Stiles Performance prepaired Shaull Oldsmobile sponsored driven by Patti Young. Oh all this York, Pa. based.

18. JrFuel

JrFuel
    from USA

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  19. Bigcam

Bigcam
    from York, Pa.

post 8265 is re post 248-4941

20. 69tincanfairlane

69tincanfairlane
    from UYA

Here's the pic from that post.

21. JrFuel

JrFuel
    from USA

???????

22. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I think he meant reply.

23. 69tincanfairlane

69tincanfairlane
    from UYA

I'm sure you gents remember this decal. I've been on the hunt for one going on two years now. Finally scored one!

24. Paul Ceasrine

Paul Ceasrine
    from Wilton, CT

Bucksnort,

Where was that photo of Doug Patterson's 1965 'Brand-X' F/SA Barracuda taken.
    The guy was crunching F/SA in 65' and G/SA in 66'.

25. sinistri

sinistri
    from reading pa

Does anyone know who the guy on the right side of this photo is ?? Cant seem to id him ....

Attached Files:

26. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

27. copo69

copo69
    from WV

I can't because I don't have access to broadband......I live in a third world area.

28. DW31S

DW31S
    from Sparks,MD

Would really like any info. and/or pics oin that Shaull Olds. Please post here or let us know what might be available. I'm not far from York, PA and work in that area almost every Wednesday. Thanks. Until next time..... Dave.

29. LEW BECKER

LEW BECKER

Joe deloreto e-town bill i. Old car!more details to come.:)

Attached Files:

30. dirt42

dirt42

Nice pictures Lew keep'em coming.:)