Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are these for ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by historynw, Dec 8, 2010.

1. historynw

historynw

In the home stretch with my 47/48 Stylemaster. I found these in my stuff to reassemble, cleaned them up but now have not idea where they go or what they are for. :confused:

The are some type of guard or shield 2 sets one small and one large. It appears they are held in place with a cap screw with a star washer.

I thought they were for the door handle slide bar but can't find holes. I then thought possible to shield the wiper transmission arms under the dash. I think I struck out there too. Maybe some wiring. It obvious they cover over something even if it has an opening. I couldn't find anything in the manuals.

What are they before I send out the car or have to take something apart again? :( We thought maybe from a 55 thats in the shop but some guys said no way.

Do they look familar?

Attached Files:

2. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

3. my first thot was splash shields behind the front tires, but not sure now

4. historynw

historynw

Interesting....I'll check maybe to protect the headlight wires before they come back into the engine compartment on the inner fender. Sure got me.

5. Spity

Spity

Looks similar to covers to protect wiring under carpet.

6. espo35

espo35
    BANNED
    from california

Window regulator access panels?