Register now to get rid of these ads!

Now I Understand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greaser Bob, Dec 7, 2010.

1. sorry for your loss

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. Doug B

Doug B

Sorry for your loss.My Mom passed 3 1/2 years ago.I know what you are going thru.Hang in there.

3. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

As hard as it is for us to lose our folks, it would have been much harder for them to have lost us..
    My Grandmother out lived 5 of her 9 children in her 97 years. She would have traded with any one of them.
    Condolences, prayers to your family.

4. Joepup

Joepup
    from Mid-Mo

Prayers are with you, I lost my mom Sept 16/2010, My mother in law passed July 19/2009, I hope what they say isn't true in comes in threes My family has had enough.
    If a mom cant be here, I cant think of a better place for a mom to be than in heaven.

5. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

robert , i to have set in a puddle of tears twice loosing both my parents , im sorry for your loss and you and your family are in my prayers

6. Little Terry

Little Terry

I can't even begin to imagine how it feels. Sorry to hear of you loss and I hope that things get easier for you as time move on.

7. big bad john

big bad john

........My prayers are with you.......

8. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Sorry for your loss, Prayers sent.

9. sorry man! Hang in there.

10. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

i send out my condolences.

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

very sorry for your loss Robert

12. Sorry for your loss

13. Plowboy, I, too, know exactly what you are going through. By your words, this seemed to be somewhat expected, but never prepared for.

I lost my mother to metastatic breast cancer almost three years ago...knew it was coming toward the end, but no wat to prepare for the event. I still find myself having the urge to call her, but.....

Also, by your words, I can tell your mother was a huge part of your life. Someone told me once that the size of the hole in your heart is directly proportional to the importance of if the lost loved one in your life. The pain eases with time, but the hole never really heals.

Grace and peace to you and your family, Amen.

SDG
    Brett

14. Sorry for your loss brother.

I lost my Mom 8 years ago and I regret some things I left unsaid - it sounds like you had a great relationship with your Mom and things were on good terms when she left. Not much solace, but at least your grieving will not include as much guilt. You just have to get through the worst and live your life as she would want you to.

Peace.

15. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

Please accept the sincere condolences of someone who's been there. We lost our 38-year old son last August. He was my best friend and I miss him dearly. The pain is never far from the surface, but somehow we learn to deal with it as the days go by. It is a great source of comfort to me that we both knew how much we loved each other. It will be a different Christmas this year, but we'll still enjoy it and count our many blessings. All I can tell you is to take it one day at a time and try to stay busy. The pain never goes away completely, but it does become more bearable.

16. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

i know the feel .
    rip

17. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

18. 73super

73super

My condolences. I lost mine last year and know the pain. Nothing takes the place of a Mother.. nothing. It gets less painful.. I try and concentrate on the good memories. Still around B-days, Holidays it's still tough. Prayers to you and yours.

19. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Sorry for your loss. Time will heal as they say. Lost both my parents and missed them terribly for a long time. Now when I think of them a big smile comes over me.

20. very sorry for your loss...Dave

21. Most churches have grief support groups or counciling. Find a good middle of the road bible believing church and check with them. Pm me if you need help finding one in your area. I'll be praying for you too.

22. brad chevy

brad chevy

Sorry for the loss,Prayers for you and yours.

23. oldman2

oldman2

Sorry for your loss, been there, God Bless.

24. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Sorry for your loss. May your family and you find comfort soon.

25. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

You have my heartfelt condolences. Prayers to your family for your grief. Though painful, it is something we all have to pass through in our lives, the one unavoidable fact we all endure.

26. I know the pain you're feeling, my friend. From my family to yours, heartfelt condolences and prayers.

27. Robert: Prayers for you and your family as you struggle through the pain. I understand where you at I lost my Father 12-21-1991 still feel the pain on that day. Gary

28. espo35

espo35
    BANNED
    from california

I'm 51. My parents died when I was 15/16. Over the years, raising my own daughter (now 19), there has been a million times when I've opened my mouth and their sayings came out. They're part of me...and now they're part of my daughter...and they'll be part of her kids, too.

Just like your mom will live on through you.

29. I lost my mother last August, I never shed a single tear. Her 92 years were a blessing to all the knew her. She had no medications at 92. but the main thing for me was I spent a couple hours a day with her. now she's by my side 24/7. and I like that...........Jim

30. Ricci32

Ricci32

Its been 2 years since i lost my father to pancreatic cancer he was a real vintage hot rod motorcycle guy. When he passed i felt like the world was just a little more drab and nothing seem to be fun or exciting. I ran ito a close friend the other day an he said man you really remind me of you father which is something im proud of. and i made the prior statement about things being drab he said now is our time to carry the tourch pass on what we know and been shown to carry on the things we love like the car and bike thing to younger generatons.Having just turned 45 the realazation that there are younger generations is pretty tough. Your mother and my father both knew we loved them and that is all that really matters. Sorry for you loss man we are them time to pass it on.
    Larry