Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many Hot Rod art collectors do we have on the HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nik, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Nik

Nik

So after getting hooked on the Friday art show, I'm finding myself adding more and more pieces to my collection, with no end in site. I was always into Big Daddy Roth, but the talent we have here on the HAMB has opened my eyes to more than just Fink stuff. Anyone else on here feeding the art addiction too? If so, did you find them on here or thru some other way?

2. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

3. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

I would love to collect more but I don't have much. Mainly alot of parts hanging up around the house in decorative ways. The coolest piece of art i have is a Doug Dorr painted meat cleaver with a sled on it and the handle says " chop shop" That is the coolest I have.

4. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Been getting into alot of hot rod photography lately

5. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Yah you are!

I have a lot of fun pieces, mostly pinstriped stuff............I've got something else in the works but I can't say.:D

6. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

And I think I may be addicted to keith weesners work

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Art is my heroin.

8. I haven't bought anything yet, but I keep an eye on the art show looking for something that would look good in my office. I just never see anything with an early 50's Dodge truck. Anytime I see a truck, it's a ford or chevy.

I've been tempted to call the lady who posts up pictures of the pinstriped guitars...I've got a couple I could send for some work.

I'm really fighting the urge to start another collection though...I've gone a bit nuts with guitars over the last couple years.

9. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Helps when you're a heck of a photog.

10. I have several pieces that Doug Dorr gave me a few years ago. Some Weesner prints, a Bob McCoy Original and a Tom Fritz original

11. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

12. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

13. House is full of mosty SN Prints and a few originals , every Dalhart Winberg with a car, truck, or oil memobilia in it, Norwell posters , Weesner, Williams, Keven Carter, Can't get enough artwork, Done a few myself,,,,,Sam

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  14. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

The stuff is everywhere, not much self control...

15. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Being an artist myself, I have shitloads of automotive and lowbrow art. Norwell, Brian Stupski, Ed Tillrock, Weesner, Trosley, Mayabb, Charlie Smith, Chad Lampert, Max Grundy, Larry Williams, Del Swanson, Chris Froggett, Gary Campesi(GaryC) Neal Dewitt, Keven Carter, Dennis McPhail, Tom Fritz. Art is addictive! I can't get enough of it!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  16. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

No but I'm busy makin' it. I started putting my stuff on the HAMB a year ago and since then I sold a line of shirt designs to a company in Europe for that market (who discovered me on the FAS) and have been encouraged by Max Grundy, ACME Speed Shop and others to get my stuff out to the car shows where the cool people are. Also got a piece in an upcoming Gasoline Gallery show and a feature magazine article coming. I say all this not to brag, but to encourage other artists to put their stuff on the FAS and see where it goes. If you see me at a west coast show in '11 in my BOMONSTER booth, stop and say Hi, I'll give you a free sticker.

17. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

My degree is in Art History ....... I have so much stuff from so many years I can't put it all up. Some Hot Rod art from friends.

Much of my stuff dates back over 100 years. There is so much wonderful stuff no one cares about.

18. fuel

fuel

I love art. I have a bunch of posters, photographs, and weesner prints in my shop. I would LOVE to have an original weesner painting, but simply can't afford it. Maybe one day... I'm also a big fan of WWI and WWII propaganda posters. I've dug those posters since I was a kid.

19. Muttley

Muttley

I had some pretty cool stuff but I've sold most of it off lately to pay bills.

20. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

You know how they have those contests where someone gets to keep everything they can put into a shopping cart in a certain period of time.
    I'd take my shopping cart to Bluto's.

Doc.

21. I have a few pieces....hot rod and not.....

22. I don't collect art- it collects me

Attached Files:

23. Nik

Nik

I'm just glad to know that I wasn't the only one getting my fix by buying art. Now I can tell my wife that there are more addicts like me. LOL

24. 51wagon

51wagon
    from northwoods

I don't consider myself a die-hard collector, but over the years I've commissioned a few pieces from various artists for Christmas cards, design studies and promotional projects and I have never been disappointed. Some are drawings, some are paintings and some are digital creations. It doesn't matter to me, I love 'em all. However, as collectors, what do you look for in digitally-created art?

In the early days, everything was the original piece of work... meaning an actual signed drawing or painting. Lately, much of it is digital and created on a computer, although I certainly agree that you still the need artistic talent to make it happen...software can only take you so far. Now you receive a disk along with a few printouts signed by the artist. As we all know, there is a big difference between an original work of art and a print when it comes to collecting paintings, sketches, drawings, etc., but what do you look for in digital art?

Is there such a thing as an original piece of digital art? Do you need to have the artist verify the first print out? How do you authenticate a digital piece as being the original... or doesn't it matter?

No good deed goes unpunished.

25. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Guilty? I think that's an understatement!

26. Church

Church
    from South Bay

"What do you look for in digitally-created art?"

I don't. And I've made a couple. Although they can still be expensive, I see them as signed prints.

27. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

We're selling our house and moving... Some of my stuff prolly wont fit in the new house..There are some tough choices ahead I'm afraid.

28. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

I have a few, some early LSR prints by Vettriano,

Picked up some neat original ones by a local artist (Pete A Torres) at the Early Ford Store.

my favorites a couple of Golden Sub by Thom Taylor

i also have a couple of my own photo's put on to canvas.

wall space is becoming scarce.

29. X2......I have been saving to by myself a Weesner original.

30. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i think i'd probably care if you ever decide to share it on the interwebs...