Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drove it to the show! or, a sea of paint polishers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That's cool. I dig the cover - how do you attach it?

2. OldSchoolObee

OldSchoolObee

Damn nice work......ya done good! gotta love the "W" block...how many jerks asked if it was a hemi??? I usta get that all the time when I had my 348 on the stand in the shop....:rolleyes:

3. Hahhahhahaaha,I dont know what to say guys, thanks!

But, I do think we are onto something here?:D I sat at our booth tonight and was blown away. There were times I couldnt get to my car through all the people.! Not saying this to brag. The whole trad/barebones movement is totally new here in Rapid City, hell, anything other than a 76 Camaro is not considered cool.

I knew I liked my car, I didnt need those folks to stroke me. But is was FUCKING cool to see the people TOUCH and look at my little car up close. My dad mentioned something about the little kid sitting on my tires, fuck it, he looked like it was comfy. No ropes, I printed that sign. let folks rub my car like a $30 whore.

Oh yeah? One of the car club jackasses that I dont like (he fucked a fellow member of his on paint and body) is set up in front of me, tomorow night we are going to plant his crybaby doll under my front wheel, no shit.

Grim, snaps, black ones, not real trad but look good.

Yoakum, whatever!? I'll spot you a 6 pack!

Ryan still makes me wonder how he envisioned this shit on a road in France?

4. Mojo

Mojo

I really like that car a lot, it's got character without being a character. Great style, and I love w-engines. I think you're cutting new ground here, traditional cars with paint jobs...

5. trey

trey

i think we will need to see a picture of that

trey

6. BELLM

BELLM

Trent it is looking good! You need to drive it down to Roundup,definitely to HAMB drags.
    You gotta be nice to the "polishers" since you build cars for a living.

7. One more idea I'm gonna have to steal from you!:D
    Great car Trent! It truely has been an inspiration watching you build this car from a couple thousand miles away.

8. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

Even though Chebbys aint my thing, that 409 looks right at home between the rails of that beast! Best Chevy-Ford combo ever.
    -Crew

9. Tom, sooner maybe. Are you going to BTTF in July? Should be sending my entry in this week. May go out to Rapid from there for a day or two.

Charlie

10. Casa J (formerly on the RRT RIP) said he had a sign that he posted at shows that said:

"Touch me.
    Feel me.
    I'm here to have fun!"

11. JohnnyB327

JohnnyB327

I've heard that motor and I bet when ya drove it to your spot, hot women creamed their jeans while lil kids cried!

12. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Right - on!! That thing looks killer.

I dig the non flat black red wheels look. The trad look is still pretty new here, also.

I am going to put my coupe in the local W.O.W in march. I am probably gonna have to drive it there, I have no truck or trailer. Problem is that it is in a mock up stage , not road worthy, yet.

13. Whew! weekend over, beer, strippers and cars. Here is that pic for trey:D

Attached Files:

14. Best paint, best interior, best truck and best of show. My pal Martin Pena. This truck is perfection. We did the tinwork and the chassis, can you name the body mod?:D

Attached Files:

15. 20 year old part timer from our shop. Check out my pals turbo flatty setup, not trad but cool. This one is just in mock-up.

Attached Files:

16. This is our booth, 2 steel Cabriolets, they both started out as trash. We moved a ton of stuff in for 3 day. Busted out the MFS for the beer swilling on Sat night.

Attached Files:

17. A car we built and was painted at Crossroads autobody here in town. Another builder who shall remain nameless (built a certain yellow AMBR) tried to take credit for this car. It was in a magazine shoot on Thursday, HOT ROD I think?

Attached Files:

18. trey

trey

haha, thats some funny shit. looks like a damn good show!

trey

19. Nebraska car, was at Goodguys KC. Kinda neat, kinda too much, very goldchainer but the owner is a nice guy, I gave him some shit about all of his paint polishing, he said he liked my tub so he must be allright?:D

Attached Files:

20. They guy that owned the crybaby is a jackass, he didnt see the humor in it:D One of the car club guys (they put on the show) told my boss today that after he left we got a little boozed up and rowdy. Gene, my boss said he wouldnt expect less of us:p Joke em if they cant take a fuck.

21. It sounded better on the way out Johnny! I built the car for me but I sure did get my ego stroked all weekend. I let the little kids sit on it, they dug that.

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Bad-ass man.....You got to be happy.....congrats.

23. Thanks Brush, I sure am. We were going to get some striping done on the car there but it didnt work out. No biggie.

Dan, TomH and Char, nice hanging out with you folks!!!!!!

Tom, where the heck did you go last night? I didnt see you after about 3 oclock? You missed all the late night fun!

24. I always like the sign some jackasses use that reads "don't touch this car unless your naked" I wonder what they would do if my 300lbs fat ass stripped down and jumped in!!!

25. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

wow that is HOT... haha

26. JohnnyB327

JohnnyB327

That's just plain cool. Put a smile on my face.:)

27. I kinda like that. At least it is paint, not primer, Iwata boy.

Impress me, paint one of those shoeboxes.

28. I'm bloody jealous......nasty noises in my daily are putting my plans for doin' what you're finally gettin' done further and further behind!!

Well done T!

29. If you cant get the kids into it, we will have no future. There are some kids of friends of mine that I promised rides to, busy summer.

30. jangleguy

jangleguy

Trent - Good job, doin' your civic duty - showing those people how to enjoy a car gathering. You have some good Carma coming your way...