Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the first car that ever lit your fire?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryC., Sep 15, 2007.

1. Hot Wheels "Vicky"

[​IMG]

2. 38standard

38standard
    from il.

54 Belair highboy

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hell Hot Wheels didnt EXIST the first time a car lit my fire. Guess I'm getting old.

4. I think the first vehicle was My great grand dad's
    8n Ford tractor followed by the new 58 Edsel they bought. I got to push those buttons in the steering wheel that made it go.:)
    After that:
    62 Tempest I saw on an ad for the Lawrence Welk show.;)
    and I think the real kiss of death was the
    63 Sting Ray. It was like something from another planet.:eek::D:cool:

5. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

My 1953 Chevy Convertible. Candy Blue with a White top. Picture is from 1960.
    [​IMG]

6. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

my grandfather had a 39 LaSalle that he would drive me around town in when I was 4. that man was the coolest.

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

The first time I saw my old '55 Chevy 2 dr. sedan. Love at first sight! Some SOB stole it and I still miss it after nearly 40 yrs!

8. damnfingers

damnfingers

I was 8 years old, living in El Paso, TX in 1952. On of the airmen stationed at Biggs brought home an MG TC from England and luckily I lived right across the street from him. He used to give me and my buddies rides around the block on the weekends...I loved that car...and it's the reason I have two of my own now.

9. olympiab

olympiab
    from Michigan

1941 Ford convertible with a Canadian Ford V8. $35.00 in 1956.

10. Coupe Crazy

Coupe Crazy
    from LI, NY

I'd say my 1941 Willys coupe Aurora slot car in black was my first fire. But it wasn't bad growing up with my mothers 68 Camaro RS/SS which she still owns!

11. dr john

dr john
    BANNED
    from CSA

Probably my Aunt Irene's 59 Impala. @ door hardtop in light blue metallic. There are several photos of me sitting and playing with the spinners on the hubcaps whilst still in diapers...Irene bought me a Matchbox that looked just like her car - which I still have. She didnt keep the car too long - Uncle Ray was always swapping cars - I think he bought her a Buick or a Cadillac or something uninteresting after that.
    But the one that I remember lighting me up was our friend Davids new 64 GTO. Turquoise in and out with a 4 speed. Still my favourite GM colour!

12. The 1950 Ford Woodie...that took my little brother to nursery school in about 1954. It was maroon with "Tinker Bell Day Nursery" on the door. Rain or Snow...there it was.

Since then I've had 5 of these cars...the last one was advertised here on the HAMB.

Murph

13. Wicked50

Wicked50

Plymouth Volare learned not to put to much gas in the carb when trying to start it

14. low merc51

low merc51

When I was very small my Dad had a Red 57 chevy 2dr hardtop with a 401 nailhead!!!I still remember standing in the front seat getting thrown backwards every time he punched the gas peddle !!!!! Way before child saftey seats !!!!LOL!!!

15. trashn'l

trashn'l

Brand new Plum Crazy purple 1971 Road Runner. Saw it on the street when I was 8 years old. Told my Grandma that I would have one one of those someday. Well........

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  16. I remember very well. A man down the street from my Grandmother's house (when I was a small kid) had a gold '56 Nomad, all stock with Cragar 30 spoke wire wheels. Shortly after my uncle, R.I.P., bought a 1970 Hemi 'Cuda. I was never the same after that!!!!!!

17. SOHC427

SOHC427

It was an R code 64 Galaxie, that was a 70's style rod, cragers, in the rear, steel slots in the front, loud, and nasty. Pretty tired, and run hard, but that style stuck with me the past 30 plus years,