Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Dec 7th 1941

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A32Flathead, Dec 7, 2010.

1. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

To paraphrase a gentlemen of the era, "...a day that will live in infamy..."

2. I just took my hat off and said a little something for the fallen.

3. Deuces

Deuces

I will never forget!!.. :mad:

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

The day the world changed forever. God Bless all the Vets and their families.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I will never forget...

6. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

My grandfather was a Pearl Harbor Survivor. I grew up marching in parades and folding flags and hanging out with a bunch of old guys. I didnt really appreciate those times because I was so young. I do now.

Remember Pearl Harbor
    Keep America Alert
    PHSA

7. big creep

big creep

thanks for posting! i was posting a thread and you beat me by a few minutes, but i always remember. and if any of you get a chance, its a must stop to pay your respects!

8. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I spent a day at Pearl Harbor on a recent trip to Oahu. There is a museum there that was very interesting and something that should not be missed. I would have liked to have spent more time there before taking the boat to the memorial. It's a very moving place in history .

9. big creep

big creep

yea i spent the whole day there! i even went to ford island and the mighty moe! it was so worth it!

10. Deuces

Deuces

If it were me going, I would have brought a box of Kleenex.. :(

11. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you dad for going over to the Pacific.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  12. big bad john

big bad john

..........We will never forget............the brave people that die ......God bless

13. Mike

Mike

Haven't forgotten, never will.

The U.S.S. Arizona's flagpole stands in the memorial cemetary here in Phoenix, I think I'll go and pay my respects after work.

14. axe grinder

axe grinder

15. axe grinder

axe grinder

16. BobK49

BobK49

My dad served in the ETO, France, and Germany. RIP Dad.

My step-dad, now 92 years old, tried to enlist in the Army, on December 8th, and was turned down. They told him that with his broken nose they couldn't take him.

He went to the Marine recruiter and they said, "We'll fix your nose."
    He served on Guadalcanal, Iwo, Saipan, and other theaters.

They did! Semper Fi!

Here's to both of my WWII heroes.
    Bob

17. rick finch

rick finch

Seeing the memorial in Pearl Harbor is a sobering experience :(....NEVER forget.

18. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

A very important day in US history that should be even more observed then it is now! Watchin a History Channel special on it as I type, so sad and it all took place in approx 2hrs while killing over 2400 men....Never Forget!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  19. I am posting here today to thank my Dad for Serving in WWII over in Europe
    15th Air Force
    464th Bomb Group
    777th Squadron
    B-24 Right Waist Gunner

B-24 H "The Character"

First 10 man crew in the 15th A.F. to return home with the same 10 men the started with and NO Purple Hearts.
    He was my hero - God rest his soul (gone 7 years now)
    But to him, the heros were those who did not come home
    Let us all NEVER FORGET THEIR SACRIFICE !!!!
    We are free today and sleep undisturbed at night because of their collective sacrifice

20. High Life

High Life
    from Wi.

If you ever wore a uniform, I thank you!

21. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Never Forget! Bless all who served, the survivors and those who gave their lives. And remember those who serve our country now! Thank you!

22. rambler racer

rambler racer

My grandma brother was killed on the USS Arizona so it means alot to me..

23. I'll never forget!! I get a little choked up when I recall the sacrifices that my parent's generation made for us. My folks, both gone now, were in a movie theater in Los Angeles on December 7, 1941 when they got the word. The movie was stopped and the theater manager came up front and announced that all military personnel should return to their bases because Pearl Harbor, Hawaii had been attacked. It was a moment that changed their lives and one they spoke of often when I was growing up.

My mother got a job at the Lockheed plant building P-38 fighters and my Dad's company converted their production over to some type of rocket launchers.

One of the things I want to do before I leave this world is to visit the Arizona memorial at Pearl Harbor. As one previous poster mentioned, I think I will need a box of Kleenex.

Knowing that the veterans who served during WWII are aging and passing on gives me a great feeling of loss. They are truly a national treasure. They all have a story and have earned the right to be honored and remembered.

May God bless all our veterans and military personnel currently serving. I want you all to know how deeply I appreciate your service and sacrifice. We owe you everything.

[​IMG]

24. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

I went outside to fly the flag earlier today...a neighbor walked by and simply gave me a thumbs up. He knew why.

One nation, under God.

25. George

George

Here in Fla. we have Pearl Harbor Survivor licence plates. You occaisionally see them on Toyotas, Nissans, ect.:eek:

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my Pop signed up for the Army when he was 16 or 17 in 41 or 42. had to lie about his age. ended up in Japan. Came home with a Purple Heart from some shrapnel wounds. as a kid I remember we had a Japanese flag, a Luger pistol and some sort of sword.

he never talked much about the war, but one time spoke of shooting flames in the bushes and all these burning enemy soldiers running out, then another time climbing on a tank and dropping in a grenade. War is hell. glad I missed it.