Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pedal Car Stroller suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowchevypickup, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

got the body work done on the pedal car..
    [​IMG]
    By br0kenb20 at 2010-11-14
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i have the pedal car chilling at my my pad ..but my lil girl is getting a little anxious and wants her car put back together...as you can tell ..i caught her playing in it this morning ..poor lil one..
    [​IMG]

2. sauerone@yahoo.com

[email protected]
    from Lubbock,Tx

Looks Pretty "SLICK" can't wait to see the paint make her come alive!

3. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

Ya the body work came out nice and with the etching primer ..I'm thinking about a nardly flame job in pink...well see by thursday.

4. Nert

Nert
    from Mid-MO

Hey guys, I'm looking to see if anyone has a few pictures of various methods you used to lower your pedal cars.

I have one that I am wanting to build a frame to lower the car while removing the pedal assembly so it will act more like a stroller. Any ideas?

Looking for some detailed pics, possibly measurements if they are available. I'm planning on a new chassis that will run from front to rear that will be completely unboltable.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Nate

5. Nert

Nert
    from Mid-MO

Can't wait to see some updated pics.

6. SHANTZ

SHANTZ
    from Surrey

I'm working on plans / designing a tot-rod for the baby on the way. Can anyone help me out with a picture of their frame assembly? I'd like to try and set-up a rear-steer style frame.

Thanks

7. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

love those tail lights!!!!

Attached Files:

8. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

i got my handle/ cupholders done in chromoly a few days ago for my daughters pedal car..
    [​IMG]
    By br0kenb20 at 2010-12-03
    [​IMG]
    and i got the grill i made chromed out..
    [​IMG]

9. sauerone@yahoo.com

[email protected]
    from Lubbock,Tx

I Like the handle with cup Holder idea i might have to borrow that if you don't mind man. Looks Good.......

10. Rude Dude

Rude Dude

Bought this for $20.00 on craigslist, complete Redo for my 13 month Grandaughter!

Attached Files:

11. you could always buy the small wheelbarrow from lowes and make a tiny one of these, the motor could be made and be a storage area for baby stuff. Handle up the back

[​IMG]

12. daddio211

daddio211

Turboroadster, glad to see you posted here... now give us TONS of detail shots!

13. Nert

Nert
    from Mid-MO

Any updates on your pedal project?

Also, do you have any close up pictures of your frame design/axle mounting points (front/rear)?

14. Nert

Nert
    from Mid-MO

Has anyone purchased replacement tires for their wheels?

3 of the original tires were okay, but 1 was completely shot.

15. oldschool55

oldschool55

Great thread, lots of ideas. Now I'll have to get some photos of the one I did a few years back.

16. Square

Square
    from Canada

I got mine from speedway, lots of different sizes. I had one bad one as well.

17. this is the coolest thread... I don't have any kids but, I did build me a hot rod mower (1964 Mustang - sold out of the back of Popular Mechanics)..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. daddio211

daddio211

You get the coolest ever mower award!!! Is it actually a mower, or was it just a kiddie car with a fake mower deck? Tell us more!!!

19. thanks man... The story goes, my father, whom is deceased bought the mower from the back of a popular mechanics magazine in 1964. It was made by a company called Mustang. My mom says the picture made it appear as if it was a large riding mower. I remember riding it only once when I was a kid. The thing is small. I would have loved to heard what my dad said when this thing arrived at the door. LOL!! It came with a seperate tranny allowing you to shift between forward, neutral, and reverse. The throttle was a t-handle cable and a brake pedal. To give you an idea of the size I have it sitting on a 4'x4' piece of particle board. Anyway, I was visiting my mother a while back and saw it in the back of my father's shop. I hated to see it rusting away.... The motor was seized so I tore apart my old push mower for the engine and deck gaurd. The mower deck is level to the ground and 1/2" off the ground. The frame has been notched to give the dropped stance. Then I made the little drop axle inserts. It runs and actually cuts grass. The wheelbase is so wide you can't really get close to fences, trees, etc. I have it hanging on the wall in my garage now.

20. hanging on the back wall...

[​IMG]

21. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

HAHA no problem..on my pedal car i suicided the hood for storage ..but i needed somewhere to place my daughters sippy cup and my beer..lol..i cant wait to try it out.

22. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

Nice garage ol skool !!

23. bugfink

bugfink

show off!:D

24. speshul

speshul

Here's one I just finished for my little one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

Dude that looks bad a$$ !! Nice.

26. Nert

Nert
    from Mid-MO

Great looking pedal car!

Would you mind posting some pictures of the subframe?

27. dt50chev

dt50chev

I was in a hurry to get one done last year before the roundup so I did one the easy way. I bought the pedal car on clearance at Cracker Barrel for $90. I welded a bracket to the steering pivot to attach the pull handle to. It steers with the handle so it follows nicely. I zip tied a piece of masonite in the bottom to keep my sons feet out of the pedals so he can just ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  28. speshul

speshul

Thanks!

I didn't take any pictures of the frame when I was building it. It's just a 1/2" square tube chassis. All I have is the layout I did in sketchup before I fabricated the frame. Hope this helps.
    [​IMG]

29. bugfink

bugfink

A tad off topic but I just posted on the FAS
    [​IMG]

30. daddio211

daddio211

A blonde in a thong and stockings is NEVER off topic! It it is, we'll just make her the topic!

Oh, and the Robt Williams pedal car is cool too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.