Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heater Core Repair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Captain Kirk, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

Looking for a recommendation for shop to do heater core repair for 1962 T-Bird. Live in the Tulsa area, would prefer somone local, but shipping shouldn't really be an issue. Have core removed and called a couple of local shops out of phone book and was given the "can't repair" lines. Also searched tech archives, alliance members and hamb o dex with no success. Just recently purchased the car and didn't think a heater core repair would be too difficult to come by.:confused: Any tip for a quality shop would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Kirk

100_1051.jpg

100_1037.jpg

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

They rot Buy new ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

3. Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

I'll buy new, no problem, if I can find. Done a limited amount of searching and not found a source for new. Can you point me in a direction??

4. garcoal

garcoal

save yourself some grief call larrys tbirds and get a new one. pain in the ass to install why take the chance

5. gonejunking

gonejunking
    from NW USA

Kirk
    If you can't find one closeto you, send it over, I have a guy near bye that just fixed
    one for me that was out of a 63 convertable t-bird

Jeffrey

6. Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

Thanks for the advice and leads, the HAMBers save the day once again. Gotta get some heat going in this thing!!

Kirk