Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I was surfing for dagmars one night and it brought up the hamb (jk) I was looking for old speed parts for my current nonhamb friendly project. 3 things I'm blown away by 1. the knowledge here 2 how fast this animal moves, 3 how many car guys have never heard of it.

2. Kingsway

Kingsway

I heard talk of it in Hot Rod Deluxe and was curious. Then when i started building my '52 Kingsway I thought i would join to get in on this great source of info. It really is amazing.

3. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

i was looking for those little finger tip vibrators on the internet for x-mas presents and bbbbbbbzzzzzzzz here i was.

4. wrenchin hobo

wrenchin hobo
    from Houston,TX

That's friggen hilarious!

5. 39pontiaccoupe

39pontiaccoupe

Was an alliance member,but when renewal time came around the site rejected me when I tried to renew. So I went away frustrated ,stayed away for a few years and now I just read the threads.

6. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

I recall I found the site many years ago via HOPUPMAG.com

7. jrt49box

jrt49box

I was looking for info on my 49 tudor on the early ford site and someone suggested the H.A.M.B. as a better site for the info I was looking for. Yup they were right! I have hours more of reading to do here!

8. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

9. im well past an fng but.. I found it through Ian russel's section in a magazine I will get shot here if I say what it was...

10. Deuces

Deuces

Through scalemotorcars.com.... This is where alot of car modelers come to get some insperation for a model build... I'm also one of their moderators.. :D AKA Deuces-wild.

11. Mork Jr.

Mork Jr.

I found it by google when I was researching ideas I had for my 31 model A. I instantly fell in love with the tech section, posts by true old school hot rodders and real craftsmen. Its hard to fine good information these days.....

12. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

My brother found the HAMB long ago and told me about it............

13. ratfink56

ratfink56

it was on my plate next to the eggs.

14. LynchMOB

LynchMOB

I kept seeing these... and laughed when I realized what H.A.M.B meant.
    [​IMG]

15. dolsen37

dolsen37
    from Nebraska

Typed in Jalopy and the HAMB popped up.

16. Old Racer 35

Old Racer 35
    from virginia

putting togehter an old henry j great info on this site great !

17. I was at my photography / art booth at a car show and several of the folks that stopped by asked if I had my images posted on H.A.M.B. I took this as a hint... ;)

18. bigvicsd

bigvicsd
    from san diego

Googled radio flyer rat rod wagons and the hamb post poped up ...

19. Jetpro

Jetpro
    from Alaska

I was looking for some parts for my ride when I came across a link to this site on the internet. I checked it out and saw the wealth of information and the love for cars that share.

20. i heard about H.A.M.B. through a frind of mine. im tryin to learn how to pin stripe and he recomended gettin on here. and boy am i glad i did. as soon as i stripe somethin worthy enough i will post it for you guys.

21. Trencher

Trencher

well, I was on here a few years ago, but had a more modern car....I finally got my cookie cutter '54 2 door sedan to build, so I feel a little better about bein on here, plan on stayin' ..

22. aacfmach

aacfmach

heard about it bsin with an aquaintance and found a lot of info so i keep checking in

23. PR51

PR51

Awesome sight... I found it by doing a search trying to educate myself about the car we are picking up tommorrow... I still do regular google searches about it and see a lot of H.A.M.B. post pop up.
    I'm glad to have found this place it already has helped me so much and I "met" some cool people via this page.
    I'm a sponge and I am soaking up as much as I can so I can learn.
    thanks to all those who are sharing the knowledge!
    Larry

P.S. what is FNG?? all I can come up with is "F'n New Guy" LOL

24. sherb

sherb

A few guys in my car club told me about the H.A.M.B. Ton of information and cool things for sale. I dig the Friday night art thread, can't wait for this Friday.

25. oddside

oddside
    from Texas

Found it awhile back through a brother and joined, was getting tired of all the "modern" customs that had nothing but every piece of aftermarket chrome you could get at Pep Boys or Autozone. I dont have a ride yet but The HAMB is has given me great inspiration and direction into the ride I am going to look for. As well I know that when I do get a ride (hopefully soon!) and need some knowledge cast down from the Car Brain Trust this is the place to go! by the way I need to apologize I am one of those FNG's that got little quick with posting trigger my wife said it was okay it happens to everyone, then I thought to myself wait she said I had been the only one!

26. When i get a new project that i dont know much about i like to do as much research as i can. When i look for answers online most of the results i got were from this site. So earlier this year i decided to join when i had a problem with my generator. So far in my opinion i get more out of this site than anything else on the internet.

27. roadking41a

roadking41a
    from NC

I joined when a friend recommended HAMB to me. At the time I didn't have a car old enough to really fit in here,so I left. Now I am back and doing a lot of reading. I am getting ready to pick up a 69 Catalina Wagon but still don't know if it fits i here. But What I really want will so I am hanging out until I do find a car like I have been looking for.

28. 52 Thunder

52 Thunder
    from Canada

Got here though some (I mean MANY) google searches on various parts & repairs.... glad I did & hope to hang here for a long time!

29. T-rev

T-rev

Was told to join learn and pay attention by The wyoming Moonshiners president. Glad i did i have learned so much in the short period of time i have been here and hope i can stay and return info for future FNG's :D

30. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

I'm not an FNG but I haven't been here too long. I was looking for information on a 53 Chevy I planned on fixing up that my step dad had. Still haven't picked it up since it really is too far gone. I bought a 53 from a member on here but sold it when I found a 55 F100 that needed less work and ran. I found a ton of information on here what a great site!!