Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's building a project on unemployment this winter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indygasser, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Still looking.. :(

2. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

March for me. But hey, I still got my car, still paying bills, and eating. Decided to go back to school while out of work. I have a line on a job right now just waiting for them to call me. Found a fella, who is keeping me in parts free and clear. He has a 2door that needs reassembling so I may go do that for him.

3. So....at the middle of October my mom died, a week later my great aunt died and then the following week another great aunt died. Last Wednesday we buried my wifes dad. What more could go wrong in 2010.....:(

4. 53studecoupe

53studecoupe
    from Eagle WI

I was out of work for better than 9 months. I almost went crazy. I took a job but no where near what I am used to. I bought the Stude for $750. It works better than meds. It will take a life time to finish but I look forward to going into the garage again.

5. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Hopefully nothing there friend. Sorry for the rush of bad times. Pray that 2011 is better.:)

6. OOH OOH me!! hopefully going to be grafting the Dakota front clip to the front of my 50's frame, get the 413 put together and mounted and get it wired.. and maybe get the roof cut off to make it a convertible. also I plan to swap out the 261 in my bread truck to swap in a 350 and get the motor home stuff built inside, then there is the non hamb stuff.. get the top end back on my 3 wheeler, get the girls Yamaha quad running, and get my Honda motorcycle running too.. have most of the parts already, just need to scare up the 350 for the van. I got a full schedule this winter :D

7. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

At risk of sounding like a total jack-wagon I'll still say it because it needs to be said: Do whatever you want during the first three to six months of unemployment, but anything after that is tax-payer funded welfare, and our hobby, love, interest, form of enjoyment needs to take a serious backseat to life.

For those of you who've had it extremely rough (Ratmotor for one), you've got my condolences and can only hope that you get healthy (in all ways possible), and wish you the best.

8. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

I admire your integrity. It hurts now but it can only pay off in the end.

9. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

still working on my car, running out of unemployment in 8 weeks can't find a job, but just doing a little at a time, one excess I spend on is my XM, I put the radio in the garage, finally got a signal through the trees. It keeps me sane going out there and listening to it and working on the car, was out there all night working on the wiring harness

10. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

While I was laid off in the summer of 2009, I worked on my 51 chevy sports coupe. I found that when the money is not there to buy the cool parts It gives you time to pay attention to the details.Somethings that you would be able to "knock out in a few hours" Now were taking me twice as long, Not because I was in no rush, but because i was making it 150% and adding little touches that probably I will only notice.

11. YoungGun

YoungGun

when i do get laid off i DO NOT want to do anything but lay around,surf the web and watch some movies.when im actually working im so motivated but guess what no time to have fun and work on my deuce(67)

i guess the lay off just puts me into a depression mode like a lil woman haha

12. indygasser

indygasser

the only problem with winters off I spend alot of the at THE YARD! bring home old car every few weeks!!! lots of yard art!LOL

13. jaxx

jaxx

Im trying - but have not made alot of progress