Register now to get rid of these ads!

c-4 question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shocker998md, Dec 4, 2010.

1. shocker998md

shocker998md

alright guys, im trying my best to get my motor bolted up to my tranny to put it all back into my falcon. But this damn thing is kicking my ass. Does anybody have any tricks to getting the torq coverter to click all the way in? Im getting stuck with the small shaft that goes all the way into the converter. Im going to go mess with it somemore, hopefully i come back sucessfull.

2. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

Pick up on the snout & turn the converter but don't push in very hard

3. power shifter

power shifter
    from nj

take the shaft out of the trans. see if it fits theconverter.

4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

You should just be able to put fluid in it, place it up there, lift it a bit to level and stabilize it, rotate it to mesh the gears and apply light pressure and have it walk right on, worst case I have had is to rotate it counter clock and back again. You could try rotating the shaft in the trans to be sure it is seated correctly.

5. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Check which spline your trans and shaft has. up to early 1970 were 24 spline, early 70 on up were 26 spline.

6. shit i thought you askin' about explosives!

7. shocker998md

shocker998md

Ive got a buddy to ask that stuff too...

thanks guys, i got it this morning, I always hate it when something little is such a pain in the ass. Now shes ready to drop in, I just have to wait for another person to get here to give me a hand.