Register now to get rid of these ads!

Today my dear gentlemen....I am 21 years old.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1 shot, Dec 3, 2010.

1. I know drinking isn't for everyone. My wife enjoys the odd bottle of wine etc but who can blame her ... it helps her forget she's married to me.

I need a little clarification .... When you say "get laid" ... is a partner absolutely neccesary?
    (if "yes" then I guess I didn't really join the "mile high club" after all).

2. Rideron66

Rideron66
    from Virginia

Congradulations, go out and enjoy.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Be safe

3. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Be careful what you get on your birthday. If it has tits or wheels, they will both give you trouble!

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats and remember that if you are going out drinking tonight take a driver who isn't so we can read about your birthday party tomorrow or at least what you remember of it.

I remember stopping at a local market for a six pack on my 21st bd and getting carded. Damn, that was a hell of a long time ago.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

After turning 21...........for the third time............3 years ago I can tell you that it's only a number and you shouldn't use it as an excuse to do what you normally wouldn't. If anything it's a good time to reflect on how you were raised, what your dreams have been up until now and if they are still worthy pursuits, set some goals to achieve them. 30,40,50,60 will come roaring up in the windshield faster than you can imagine, and then, looking in the rearview mirror will only fill you with regret or put a smile on your face that can't be wiped off. Your at a big fork in the road...............chose carefully the direction you take.

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Frank

6. FAB ... that is damn good advice.

7. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

Happy Bday 1 Shot

I am a big fan of yours.

8. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

lmao XD Oh its a small town yes, but none of my relatives are here, so I think i'm safe....atleast I certainly hope so lmao.

FAB, i'm trying to do my best to pick the right direction. I just hope its the right one and I won't regret it later. I am quite uncertain of many things lol.

1shot

9. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

Thanks allot man! :D

10. I remember being 21. It was 1973. Dinosaurs still roamed the earth. Ask me what it was like being stuck behind a slow-moving brontosaurus on a 2 lane road.

11. ratfink56

ratfink56

Happy Birthday.

Live every moment.

Free advice from an old guy.

12. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

Happy Birthday! Shit I remember when I turned 21....nah...I really dont remember much....and damn it...thats the way it should be..

Enjoy the moment...dont forget to show your legal ID now....I walked into the grocery store the day I turned 21 and forgot to unchalk my ID....felt like an idiot...ha ha ha...

Go have fun!

13. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Get to bed at 2:00 with a 10, get up at 10:00 with a 2---have another drink.

14. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I turned 21 in July of 1965. Washington State had an I.D. card - in addition to your driver's license. Back then there were NO pictures on the driver's license (it was just a paper card) but the WSLCB (WA St Liquor Control Board) card had your face photo and was in laminated plastic - all done right there at the liquor store when you came in to apply. So exciting....finally get to throw away the fake ID I'd been carrying around since high school. I went down to the local bar (that I'd been frequenting for a couple of years, anyway) and realized I couldn't order a birthday drink to celebrate my adulthood...the bartender had been looking at me across that ledge since 63 or so. I had a drink, suffered in silence and was never carded. What a let-down.

dj

15. Could it have something to do with what most young people today lack,,respect!. HRP

16. Excellent analogy ,, HRP

17. my favorite, number all my race cars carried 21 good luck and the best to you

18. indyjps

indyjps

The guy at Walmart ask a lot of questions when you show up drunk and try to buy 4 boxes of 20 ga bird shot. I had plans for the next day, he didnt understand.

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well ain't you just a lil punk-ass bitch!! Fuckin kids. What's this world coming to? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

When I turned 21 it meant very little. I had already been in the bars hittin up strippers. Actually hung out at a genuine disco for a short time (she was worth it!) and went to places like Uncle Sams in Motown. How? Drinkin age was 18:cool: But to hell with drinking! I had already painted dozens of cars, bought and sold everything from Model As to Packards, had a woodgraining biz happening at home, and drove used muclecars as dailys. Then there was the draft. I missed it at both ends. It was repealed when I turned 18 and when it was reinstated they skipped all the 21yr olds from Jan to Aug. Don't know how it happened, don't care. SInce those days a lot has happened and I have no regrets (except not buying that Ferrari 330!). The best case scenario would be to quote Frank Sinatra and actually mean it. "You only live once, but if you live like me once is enough."

Happy birthday kid! Find a designated driver and go have a good time. Maybe go stripe some hot women!!!

20. ardyboy

ardyboy

Happy Beersday!!!

21. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Happy belated birthday!

22. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm still reading all of them!
    The birthday was great! At my buddys house. There was lots of alchohol, lots of girls and apparently my friends religious neighbor next door seen the girls (and the strippers) and thought we was running a whore house and called the fuzz lmao XD

Fantastic. lol

1shot :D

23. Deuces

Deuces

Wow.. You had strippers???.. Lucky you!.. I woke up the next day after my 21st next to a beautiful blonde... And I almost married her 2 years later...

24. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

Enjoy before you know it you'll have socks that old! LOL

25. johnnie

johnnie
    from indiana

Congrats on living through the celebration. You are now over 21 :D.
    Happy belated birthday my young neighbor!
    Religious neighbor was just jealous of you guys having all the fun!

26. oldblu65

oldblu65
    from Tennessee

I don't remember ever being 21 ? Of course , there's lots of stuff I don't remember !

27. Neglected Legacies

Neglected Legacies
    from Nor Cal

When I became 21 I started spending more time in bars instead of drive-ins...

28. Wishing you a drop axle:),pinstriped:D, overbored:cool:, stroked:eek: & relieved:p future!
    ;)

29. Stay away from booze and drugs, get all the women you can. Pig Dog in Training!

30. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Happy Birthday.Drink,get drunk,throw up,wish you were dead,have a killer hangover,repeat. Then get down to business and make something of yourself.Still have fun etc but use your head so you dont think about regrets like me when I turn 50 on the 8th.