Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mid December Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Nov 9, 2010.

1. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Hey Travis, it's looking like I won't be able to make it. I'm having generator troubles again. I'll let you know for definate Saturday.

2. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

That's too bad, maybe next time!

3. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Hey Travis...
    Count me in for sure.. Just got back from 10 days in Mizzoorah...Had to replace a dead fuel pump in the Z26:cool:, and a good friend's wife passed away so stayed over 2 days for the services, up east of Rolla.. Long trip back last night.. Will be ready to go to Kansas on the 10th... Looking forward to it!..:). duane

4. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I'm still planning on going unless its just like 2 below zero, or wet. Prolly will be driving my daily tho(hotrod), I dont really wanna drive the caddy, its not that great for curves. trying to talk clay, jd, and clays dad into going with me. I will let you know bout mid week.

5. yblock292

yblock292

had our monthly hoodlum gathering in the shop last night, looks like at least 5-6 cars from here and hopefully the dewey gang can make to .

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Sounds good Duane, will be looking forward to seein ya!

The weather is looking to be about 45-50 degrees, but they can't decide on the precip, it changes daily. The roads are really pretty much the same as we took on the way to Dewey last month, so if the caddy liked those roads, she'll like these. The first half of the trip is pretty much straight roads, the second half has some turns but nothing too bad.

Awesome! I completely forgot to contact Hub about going, did you get the chance to? If not I can call this evening, I'm excited to see everyone again!

7. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

JACK......what time you leavin from your house? can i tag along?

8. yblock292

yblock292

Hell yes love to have ya, bring the rest of the gang with ya, we want to meet Travis at 11:00 So i'm thinking we should leave here around 9:30.I'll have coffee on

9. mongo51

mongo51

Ill be waitin on everyone here in McPherson. Travis i may have a copilot if she can wing so put me down for two.

10. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

If you come up Ridge Road from Hesston to Gypsum, you can get gas in Canton, which is about 20 miles from Gypsum, the trip is about 130 from that gas station to the end, but there are a couple of places to duck off for a sip along the way.

I left Gypsum about 6:10a and arrived at Jack's at just before 8a when we went to Dewey, and I did just about the speed limit the whole way. You may have to leave earlier to be here by 11, but the first leg of the trip will take us right down that same road so there is a 10 mile or so overlap where you could run into us if you're not here at 11 :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather forecast changes!

11. JOHNNYSCAT

JOHNNYSCAT
    from Kansas

I plan on meeting up in Mcpherson if thats allright.

12. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Cool we should hit McPherson College by 11:45am

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I plan to meet the group in McPherson also since I have another commitment that morning. Sorry I can't be in Gypsum to welcome you guys to my hometown.

14. yblock292

yblock292

travis, you're right, just mapquested the route, looks like straight up I-35 104 miles so we should plan on leaving my place like at 8:45.Did you get ahold of Hub?

15. NEALS49

NEALS49

Been discussion with a friend Adam (49 COE), He has no heater I honestly dont know if mine works... But sounds like fun, better than sitting at home. And its only little over two hours to get there LOL. So we may see you there bright and early. Neal,

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Finally this morning, I haven't had much of a voice for most of this week so I haven't talked to too many people on the phone. He said he'd talk to some people and weather permitting it sounded good, I told him to give you a call if he decides to come up so that you could all meet up.

Okay, back to cleaning my house, the GF and her 4 kids are showing up in a couple of hours for tonight's company Christmas party where the kids all get to sit on Santa's lap and get presents, big day here!

T

17. mongo51

mongo51

Johnny get ahold of me this week. We can wait at breakfast hear in McPherson. Theres a kool little place on main street called neighbors cafe to eat. Kind of old school. Anyone else going meet up hear the offer go's out to all. the girls in there would get a kick out of all the old cars around. pm me if anyone interested and ill get ya all my number.
    jeff

18. sk8ncruz

sk8ncruz
    from pratt, ks

johnny
    i'll talk to you later in the week and try to meet you in hutch,
    have to see how things go, short one employee so I have to see
    if I can get things covered to be gone. gonna try damn hard
    had such a good time when I went to dewey!!

19. yblock292

yblock292

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Travis - sent the DVD to ya - included a bonus - hope to get the box of DVDs for ya sent on Tuesday

21. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks John! Wish you could make it but I understand.

Hopefully we'll sell out of the DVD's and I'll just have to give people a link to your site :) Great stocking stuffers :)

22. still trying to go dont have the car done but im trying to come anyway sounds like fun ill let you know friday for sure

23. yblock292

yblock292

DONE? Hell they aint dun till you sell'um!

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I don't care what ya drive, just come up and have a good time with us! Honestly I really prefer everyone drives their cool rides but the companionship of hanging with all of my hot rod friends is what it's all about, just don't show up in a Yugo, that's pushing it.

Truer words have never been spoken.

After a road trip with the old man today for work (we both work at the same company), now I'm contemplating putting my spare 390 in my 64 Fairlane instead of hopping up the 6cyl or putting in the 260 that came with it.... I have other things to be thinking about.....argh what a problem to have!

I did call or email most of our stops today to let them know that I think we'll be about 20 people but could easily be 30, I hope everyone's ready!

25. yblock292

yblock292

i even drove the 50 tonight just to check out the heater, will have a co-pilot

26. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

The weathermen hate us!

Yesterday the Saturday forecast was for 47deg and 20% chance of rain....today its for 40deg and 40% chance of wintry mix.

I'll do this as long as the roads are just wet, but everyone has to do what's best for them and their cars, bring a daily driver if you want, stay home if you want, or come at your own risk! Hopefully we'll have good enough weather!

27. yeah i just looked at the weather they have no ideal what its going to do lol

28. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Hopefully the front slows down and we can get some of that sunny and 55 deg stuff from Friday to hang out for another day :)

29. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I don't think anything is wrong with coming in your late model daily driver this time of year. It's all about hanging out with like minded folks and having fun.

30. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

That's what I was getting at:)

I previewed the 2010 KKOA Leadsled Spectacular DVD last night, too cool seeing so many of my friends' cars on the screen! Great job John!