Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone put a lot of miles on a setof roller rockers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

Interesting. It seems that most have had ok luck on the street. I have a set of Harland Sharps on the Fly and have had no problems but then again, that's only for the track.

2. The only way you'll ever have a problem with the Harland Sharps is if you have one that was defective to start with.

3. manicmechanic

manicmechanic

Ok I'll one-up everyone. I am pushing 300K total on my 350 1994 stocker. I installed GM rollers back in 99 on my everyday driver. It had 100k on the engine.Still run's good, but the engine burns and leaks oil. long story short I have almost 200k on that set of GM rollers.

4. 93 Mustang Cobra comes with rollers. They are Crane energizer series and on a hydraulic roller. 100 lbs. seat and around 250 open. They run over 100,000 miles without problems. I have a set of them on my 32. I only have 10K on them but they were well used when I bought them.

5. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

High loads, valvetrain instability, and geometry issues are hard on rocker arms. Avoid those things and good quality roller rocker arms will hold up well in a street engine. Aluminum doesn't have the fatigue life that steel does, but to help compensate, aluminum rocker arms contain more material. That said, when I needed rockers for a street engine I'm putting together, I went with Crower steel roller rockers. All things equal they will outlast an aluminum rocker.