Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 3 window turn signal ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4t6ford, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Looking for ideas / photos of what guys have done for front turn signals on fenderless '32s please . Ideally something that almost "dissappears" rather than sticks out the the dogs jewels !

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

I like'm inside the headlight.

Just Gary likes this.
  3. Phil1934

Phil1934

A smaller one of these mounted on the side of the frame by the axle that shines forward would not stand out. Take a look at a new school bus

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  4. turdytoo

turdytoo

I believe its Hiteck(sp?) that makes those lites that are flush mounted and clear coated that lot's of street rodders use for tail lamps. I'm putting them in my black firewall on my, hood top only, '32 3w hiboy. Painted black they will only be seen when on.

5. billthx138

billthx138

Turn signals in headlights works for me, you can see them in this photo. The old Guide headlights with the turn signal housing on the top is also a great option.

Attached Files:

6. yekoms

yekoms

4t6,
    Thanks for askin' I'm workin' on the same thing for the '34 coupe. So far I'm usin' repro Harley running lights with clear glass lenses and chrome bulbs. I may put them behind the grille after the initial inspection. I use Ebay for reference. Search for Chrome 1157. Tunners use them they are chrome until lit then become amber.
    Smokey

7. badgeree

badgeree

Had early Harley indicatirs on mine, took 'em off and fittted RePo Guide Lights, with the blinkers on top. Brother has them in the H/Light bucket on his '33, looks good.

8. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

This is kinda a love/hate thing for most folks but I used 50's jeweled indicator lights in place of the original cowl lights cause i didn't have the heart to fill the holes. They're small enough that they they don't screw up the lines too much and with 12V bulbs they're pretty bright. Johnny

[​IMG]

9. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

See those two chrome looking nuts at the seven o'clock position of the headlight, the lights are mounted on the headlight stand, the lights are actually led's and they really show up believe it or not, but most people think they are the end of a bolt with a chrome nut.

Attached Files:

David Gersic likes this.
  10. Phil1934

Phil1934

Attached Files:

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

12. thanks for all the response's , keep 'em coming!

13. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

I put mine inside the headlights.

14. They were in the headlights on my old 32 roadster. HRP

[​IMG]

15. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I like these ^^^^

Or use your arm, that always works. Add a wristwatch for added bling

16. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

17. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I use the bulb inside the big headlight. I prefer the clear 1157 bulb instead of amber. I don't like the orange reflections when not on.

1956 F100 likes this.
  18. George G

George G

Where can you get the ones with the indicators inside the headlight?

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I believe Drake and others offer the kits for putting the indicators inside the housing. Seems I remember they are also available with halogen retofit kits.

Frank

20. reefer

reefer

I bought these little teardrop lights for mine....they were fitted to various old English cars and these were still in the old boxes wrapped in wax paper.They have a frosted opaque glass lens and I painted the bulb orange.The car wears full fenders and they are well tucked away but flash nice and bright, you can just make them out peeping under the fenders.They come up on ebay uk pretty regularily.I figured that if I must have them, then I might as well put ones on that look like ones available at the time instead of putting something on under protest and hating them..besides they match the BLC`s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  21. My first two cars - a "Canadian" '54 Pontiac and a '52 Chevy both had gorgeous licence lamps in the rear gravel pans. When it came time to put indicator lights on the front of the coupe, I went to the salvage yard :D:
    [​IMG]

-Dave

Andy likes this.
  22. There are some pretty good ideas here, considering the love/hate to them as has been mentioned. It all depends on your theme/time period of your car I would say. On my avatar I used 40 Ford pickup signal lenses built into 2 guide lights, 2 filament orange bulb, easily seen from the side and the front. I was trying to keep to the early 50s theme to the car but have something a bit different - since I love 40 Fords, this came to mind.

Attached Files:

deathrowdave likes this.
  23. i have seen the whole headlite as a signal headlite,flasher, wig wag system headlite,flasher(police)used
    don't know how well this works during the day

seems the old fogs or smaller driving lites would look ok

its the side view that remains kinda iffy

24. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Parr Automotive ( and others ) sells a turn signal kit that goes into the original Ford headlights. I have this kit is both of my 32 Fords. I like it a LOT. You only see the bulb when the light is on ( if you use clear bulbs ) ... I do use the amber ones and they are barely noticeable until the light comes on. Then they are VERY NOTICEABLE.

[​IMG]

25. I never put signals in my 32 3 window. I use my arm. Works very well

nochop likes this.
  26. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

When my brother got his 3 window it had these small Guide lights mounted on the bumper bolts. :( I made new brackets and tucked them under the leading edge of the fender. My 5 window had the cowl lights set up as directionals. It works good but I don't like the looks. :( BTW, I use my directionals AND my arm and they still don't pay attention!

Attached Files:

27. Hey thanks everyone, some good ideas there. I have signals hidden inside '32 head lamps on my A tudor. The '32 is a workmates car under construction and he is looking for a nice clean /simple solution. I'll make sure he has s look through this thread .

28. Harms Way

Harms Way

That is slick !!!!!

29. HOTRODDICKIE

HOTRODDICKIE

30. :eek::eek::eek: Thanks!

-Dave