Register now to get rid of these ads!

A few pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T McG, Feb 17, 2005.

1. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Here is a couple of pics of my on going truck project and the worn out '39. The truck is getting a 56 Olds dash, in my opinion one of the coolest looking of all the 50s cars. I cut 6" off the depth and 5" off the width. It slips under the windshield garnish moulding like it belongs there. The tricky part will be finishing off the ends correctly, and trimming down the stainless trim to fit. The funky flames have been there a long time by the looks of them, and the Phoenix sun is slowly baking off the old Lacquer. If you want real patina, bring your car here for a few months.The 59 Olds steering wheel & column fit is another thing. It fits me well, but if I gain another 10 lbs., I could be in trouble. The 39 is a car I built in '79, and literally wore it out. It has been across the USA 6 times,and 24 different states. I towed a 37 Ford coupe from Pennsylvania to California for a friend of mine that wanted to move there, and then decided after nine days he didn't like it. I stayed 6 weeks and then towed it all the way back for him. The best part about that is the engine was a $50. 283 and 350 turbo. I couldn't kill that thing. More to follow later!

2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

3. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Thanks for the pics, cool that you drive your cars alot. Thats how it should be.
    As my Dad always said; If you don't drive and use them your just saving them for someone else.

4. Barrows

Barrows
    from Union ME

Looking good, keep driving the old beast. I love old rods that are driven hard!

5. ~E~

~E~

Hey let me know how that dash works out. Just a fellow first series owner.

6. saulgoode

saulgoode
    from Houston

Wow that dash is going to look good. I'll be watching for an update.

Saulgoode