Register now to get rid of these ads!

MODERN NGK Plug number

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 345 DeSoto, Dec 2, 2010.

1. I have Googled my fingers off, and can't find the modern number for what use to be an NGK BP6 spark plug. This use to be the cross over number for a Champion J12Y. Any leads to where I might look?...:confused:

2. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

N9Y & N9YC are equvalent for BP6.....

3. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

are you looking for the "short" number? bp6 = ngk 3332 fits hemis chevy sixes ect.

4. BALL AND CHAIN - Are the plugs that fit a Dodge Hemi the same as the plugs for a DeSoto Hemi? Application numbers for the Chevy I-6 and the Dodge Hemi are the same, but I can't find a listing for a DeSoto. The Chrysler Hemis have a looong reach plug...

5. Tony, the closest match heat range to J12Y in NGK, this is projected tip, non resistor V Power racing plug, R5670-5 stock # 2298. One step COOLER is the B6S, stock number 3510. This is NON projector tip and like above non resister. I have a friend there, trust me. BDM

6. BDM - That's the definative info...thanks...

7. Your welcome Tony.

8. Straight Eight

Straight Eight
    from Howell, Mi

Can anyone come up with modern numbers for AC48 and AC 49?

Thank you for your help.

9. Straight do you have a brand preference to cross over to? My friend at NGK is home now enjoying supper I'm sure. BDM

10. Straight Eight

Straight Eight
    from Howell, Mi

Just looking for an accurate replacement for a plug that is no longer available.

Thanks for looking.

11. Straight, the best I have is this for the AC48- Xover to the Autolite stock# 306, part number the same. Now on the Champion stock # 306 and the part # L86C, the diffrence is the Autolite is a 3/8" reach and the Champ is a 1/2" reach. Now I took the Autolite 306 and crossed it over and I have the Champion 511 or J11C, the denso 6004 or W9-U, and the NGK 3210 or B-4. They seem to be for a 14 m.m. thread, and a 13/16" Hex, and vary from 3/8" to 1/2' reach. You should be able to get what you need from this info. Let me know if I can help further. I couldn't find anything for the AC49, which is one small step hotter, like the Champion higher number- hotter plug. Make sure you replace the plugs with the same reach as present if that appears to be correct. BDM

12. BULLDOG - So the 2298 and the 3510 are exactly the same plug...only the 3510 is one step cooler? Or are they two different style plugs...only one step apart in the heat range?...