Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods REAL OLD Chevy Carryall Suburbans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopyrama Mike, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Anyone own or know of anyone that has a 1935 or 1936 (1st model) Chevy Carryall Suburban?

2. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Thanks Patrick, I've seen and talked to the guy who owns the orange '35, he's from Tenn. Never seen a depot hack!
    Haven't heard from anyone on the HAMB who owns a '36 Suburban though.

3. jobob

jobob

There was a 1939 on ebay that sold for $7000 about 2 weeks ago. It was in good shape,with a lot of new goodies in it. the number is 160505338193 i dont know how to recover the add,but you may. Was a good buy.....jobob

4. jobob

jobob

The winning bidder is ,650 rockcat....jobob

5. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

go to advanced search and type in the item number.

that was a great buy. who snagged it is a lucky sob

6. I dig the old Subs, too. Oldest one I ever owned was a '67 GMC, but it was still a neat ride. Supposedly, there is a '37 around OKC somewhere, but I have never run across it.

7. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

'35 was the 1st year for Suburban Carryall. My '36 was built in the Baltimore, Md. assembly plant. They changed body styles in '37 and got more round. I've only met or have had contact with about 12 guys around the country who own a '35 or '36 Suburban. I even contacted the archives of Chevy/GM to try and find out how many were made but there are no records of production numbers. After talking to the guys that I've met we figure they're were only about 1200 made in '36.
    I was just wondering if anyone on the HAMB owned or knew of any.

8. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I had both a '35 and a '36 at one time.
    Somewhere in the piles of stuff I own I have the real blueprint from Chevrolet for the Chevy Suburban body.
    A few pictures here:
    http://glennsplace.com/gone.htm