Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's going on at Brookville's roadster???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fonti, Dec 1, 2010.

1. fonti

fonti

I am trying to order some stuff (door hinges and other) from Brookville. Mailed to 3 different people, called them twice but I do not get a quote / order confirmation...
    Does anybody knows whats going on over there???
    thanks guys,
    Peter
    PS: can I order that Brookville stuff elsewhere?

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

3. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

I had the same problem !
    Seems they can't be arsed to reply to international enquires.

I know it's not an easy option but Home grown hotrods in the UK stock some of there stuff

http://www.homegrownhotrods.co.uk/

Good luck

4. pitman

pitman

5. fonti

fonti

well, they don't care if it's international or not when you buy the whole body!! then they anser and take your credit card informations!!

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

The Founder, Ray Gollahon, died recently. However, what info I have seen says his son is a long time major factor in the business and will continue running it.

Ray

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I can't imagine anything major or disasterous happening at Brookville Roadster even with the passing of Ray Gollahan. As stated, Kenny has been virtually at the helm for the last few years so everything should remain as usual.

Frank

8. hahhahaha not when a chick is running the place.....Its going to hell quick....

9. brucer

brucer
    from western ky

so kenny's a chick?

10. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Squint your eyes a little and viola that dude you think was Kenny actually is some chick named Kendelina :eek:

11. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

12. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

CALIFORNIA ROADSTER CO
    5175 RANCHO LA LOMA LINDA DR
    PASO ROBLES, CA 93446
    805-227-4969

Ive used this guy for brookville stuff, his name is Ken, a real nice guy.

13. fonti

fonti

ordered via Amazon.com, thanks!
    BUT: the parts are delivered directly by Brookville and they don't ship overseas!!! what year are we living in...
    so I have it delivered to my Buddy's home in CT and he will ship it over to Switzerland.
    Again: thanks for your help!

14. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Brookville works through dealers for international sales. They should have refered you to a European distributor at least. With all the scams these days it's hard to risk shipping internationally to an unknown individual.

And the only "chick" involved at Brookville (in management) is Ray's wife - who was right beside him banging out parts and traveling to events since day one - 38 years qualifies her I'm sure. Don't start stupid rumors.

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Word... and Ray's wife rules.

16. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

call up Mac's or Snyder's....you can have your stuff by tomorrow

17. Everything is going great at Brookville Roadster. We have had record breaking sales in 2010 and hope to continue to build on the momentum going into 2011. We do ship overseas and i regret that no one replied back to you. Sometimes cutsomer emails get lost in the spam filter and we do not recieve them. I am not sure what happened in this case. We do encourage you to order through our dealer network but we will be happy to assist you in any way possible. Brookville Roadster is looking forward to a great 2011. Even though we have lost our founder we will continue forward with the excellent customer service, outstanding business ethics and quality street rod products.

THanks
    Kenny Gollahon, President
    Brookville Roadster

18. And there it is! Now that's service.

19. TERPU

TERPU

Kenny,

You continue to impress me. I love Brookville!

Tim

20. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

What a load of tosh , so your saying they have to know you before they'll send anything you've paid for ? in case it's a scam

Oh yea i'll jump on a plane , move in down the street and pop in to say hello each morning for a year before moving back to Europe and placing an order with the comforting knowledge that my new mates at Brookville will gladly sell there preciouse US metal to me.

Oh wait a minuite i have a job ! damn i'll just have to go without.

21. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

X2 on Ken ...good guy.

22. I want a spam filter for my phone calls, too. ???

23. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

With El Presidente himself online...I'm curious, how many complete and maybe complete but knocked down roadster bodies have you made now? I have a fairly early one in the garage, and suspect the number made since then is quite high!

24. pitman

pitman

The intl. sales issue does exist, and at least it should be acknowledged.
    Could you cash this check and pay the shipping out of it???:rolleyes:

25. ems customer service

ems customer service

international sales is not a problem the small minds make it out to be , we have never had any issues with car guys overseas. we can not understand we most of the rod shops will not ship outside the usa, h$%^ they wont even ship to canada which is real easy.

26. wdl182

wdl182
    from New York

You might want to try Mac's Antique Auto Parts in Lockport, New York. I've had luck with them.

27. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Obviously you don't read through the previous posts before YOU spout off a "load of tosh"......your disrespectful attitude and sarcasm in this instance are to your discredit.

Ray

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Kenny, Does it matter if we buy parts from you or one of your dealers? I bought a pair of brackets from Snyders and asked if they were Brookville made, guy said they were, so I bought them. If all goes well they will be on my doorstep tomorrow.

29. fonti

fonti

I really did not want to start a discussion about how the business is going - I am sure it's going great 'cause the body(s) are great!! Mine too;-)

And I am impressed that the President of Brookville "answers" here to my question, thank you for that!

We don't have a Brookville dealer here in Switzerland (7 million people and around 30-50 running hot rods!!) so we are used to look for parts all over the world and pay huge shipping costs!! I bought several hot rods, engines, paletts of parts from various dealers in the US, WITHOUT seeing or touching the stuff. Beliefe me, it's not that easy to push a button and wire thousands of $$$'s and then hoping that the car is coming in about 2 months with a container to my door.

I really don't see a possible danger for suppliers to ship parts overseas. We give them the credit card informations and this money is "insured" by the CC companies! We are taking the risk not the suppliers in the US.

BTW: the overseas buyers might be an additional income for them. We buy nearly for "every price", just to get the parts...so treat us well and we are very grateful customers.

Again, I was just wondering why I did not get answers and nobody told me on the phone or in a mail that they don't ship overseas. I am happy to get the parts and then work over the winter to change the hidden door hinges to more original.

Thanks for you help guys!

30. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

Obviously you don't read all the posts as you would have seen my reply with a link to someone In Europe who can supply Brookville parts.
    I was just pointing out that your not going to ever sell internationaly with the attitude that you won't ship because you don't know them.
    Long live Brookville