Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barry Lobeck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saucerhead, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ems customer service

ems customer service

barry and ginny were always helpfull to us when we were starting out, firm in there opinion but very helpfull. barry stopped by our shop on his way to kalamazoo in sept, we had a great time.

2. 32coupe

32coupe
    from michigan

get well barry! your in my prayers

3. coupedevil

coupedevil

Barry has been a friend of ours for years. Always look forward to getting together with him. Make it a point to stop by when in the Cleveland area. Prayers to him and Ginny at this time. Spent some time with him at the Blue Suede Cruise in Norwalk this summer and Carlisle this spring. He told me he was having some health issues then. Hope to see him again soon he has always been a fighter.

4. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Just returned to Cincy from a visit today at Barry's house. He is weak, but still being upbeat and humorous as always. His sister is there helping him out. Keep him in your prayers.

5. My prayers go out to him. He can sure build a roadster. His red remake of the deuce he had in the early 70's rules. It had Halibrand wheels. So cool. He built tradintional cars before it became mainstream. I loved seeing his cars as a teenager getting into this hobby at shows/cruise in's here in Cleveland. I remember sitting in his office going over prices for a chassis for my model A and he was laid back and joking around. (I was young at the time and sure didn't have the money for a Lobeck chassis, but he still took me seriously). A cool dude! I sure wish him luck.
    The Cleveland hot rod scene wouldn't be the same without him.

6. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Will, I know if anyone can bring a smile to his face you and Butch can, Hang tough Barry, prayers sent for you & Ginny.

7. basicbob

basicbob

LowBeck has always demonstrated what is really cool! He has led many a 32 fan in the right direction, maybe a bid opinated but what the hell. He actually told you what he thought, did not talk any different behind your back!!

I along with 1000's of others copied Barrys stunning roadsters.

Barry I wish you the best. Bob Perreault

8. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

My most humble praise for a hell of a rodder. You and Ginny hang in there. Thanks for all who let a master build their car. He is a living legend.

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Been a fan of his work since I was kid back in the seventies. He built a red '40 standard with Halibrands in the late seventies or early eighties that still makes the hair on the backs of my arms stand up when I see it... It was that good. Later, when I was working in the Cleveland area I stopped in to see his shop and buy a small piece for one of my projects he treated me like one of the crew. Sorry to hear he's in bad health, and hopes for a speedy and complete recovery are definitely kept here!

10. matt73

matt73
    from va

he took me and a buddy on a personally guided shop tour about eight years ago... he didnt have to, we aint nobody! one of the heros for sure!! thanks Barry

11. basicbob

basicbob

Good friend Barry gave me a call today. I was quite shocked because when I called yesterday (Saturday Dec 5th) his sister answered & said Barry was resting while his friend Don Pelkington visited him. Barry said he was OK but weak. Sure wish there was a way to help him. I mailed a few Hallmark cards that have music, maybe he will enjoy them.

If you care enough please drop a card: Barry LoBeck, 8031 Brandywine Road, Northfield OH 44067

I will thank you for taking the time! Bob Perreault

12. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Killer. Just like Barry to take the time and effort right now to call a fellow hot rodder. Hang in there Barry, you are an inspiration to countless!

13. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

Although Ive only had brief conversations with Barry over the years its easy to understand why he has so many people pulling for him.Add me to the list.Best wishes Barry Lobeck.Get well soon.See you at York.

14. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

To the top. It would be nice if Barry got a bunch of cards. Great guy!

15. Butch/1

Butch/1
    from Dublin ,Va

I usually see Barry 5or 6 times a year and I always greet him with it's good to see you Barry. His response is always the same it's good to be seen. Hang in there and it will be good when i see you again.
    Butch
    I work for chrome

16. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Wishing Barry Lobeck good health.

17. Mine is going out tomorrow.

Jim

18. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Don't know if it's appropriate in this thread but there are some REALLY GOOD stories in circulation about Barry....especially Barry in the "old" days. Since I don't know him personally or know the truth from the legend I'll let those who do know tell 'em. Again...if it's appropriate.

19. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

Geez---------------Sorry to hear the news. Barry has always been good to me.We go back more than a few weeks. All the best from his SO CAL buddy Goldy.

20. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Barry's coupes are one of the main reasons I have a 40 coupe.
    It was going to be black with flames, then I saw the red standard! I combined the best things I liked about the 2 and well..........I ended up with a red coupe with flames!
    After all, a small plaque on Barry's black coupe said it best.....Forties without flames is like sex without a tounge!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  21. duneaholic

duneaholic
    from Michigan

He is one of the inconic men of the hot rod world and was a trend setter and feather ruffler. God Bless Barry.

22. customcory

customcory

J.Wike here on the Hamb has Barry Lobecks old flamed 40 right here in N.C. :D

23. customcory

customcory

I was just a kid when I saw Lobeck's 40 Coupe and later his 32 Roadster in Gatlinburg. Those two cars were a big influence on me. Get better Barry and build something crazy.

24. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

bump for Barry....

25. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

As we mention the cars Barry has built, hot about the orange '32 B400!

26. solid

solid

He's in our prayers. If some of you guys would like some cool reading on barry, some of his cars, and the "ohio look", rodders journal#39 is a great issue.he is the real deal...

27. big bad john

big bad john

.........Barry....your in my prayers........hang in there

28. 39Dodge

39Dodge

Barry call upon the strength that you have when previously ill and do it again man.

29. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I have the start of an idea, I'll throw it out there and see what we can come up with, here goes..

Is the a way we can start some sort of list of us that would like to sign a get well card for Barry, send it around, and I mean get guys from everywhere to sign it, and get it to Barry?

30. Perkyboy

Perkyboy

Won a Chassis many years ago at the Frog Follies which Barry had donated, It was for a 32 Ford & I was building a 37, Barry was more than happy to swap it for a 37, Thats the kind of Great guy he is ! Your in my prayers, Get well soon !!
    Perk