Register now to get rid of these ads!

What does a fella have to do????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimbob, Dec 2, 2010.

1. jimbob

jimbob

To purchase a car off you blokes???

I have PM'd, emailed, and phoned, the sellers of three different cars in the classifieds here in the last month, and have had no replys, none!

Are you scared of selling cars to overseas buyers?:confused:

Do I smell??:confused:

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think there scared of us!!;):D

3. Easy now. The sellers are only allowed to complain about the buyers.

4. Must... or they're not that keen to sell.

5. onedge

onedge

If you have to ask you would not understand.

6. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Hell, PM me, I'll sell you one!

7. jimbob

jimbob

I'm confused, please elaborate:confused:

8. Could be the Gummit stench.

9. jimbob

jimbob

Haha, should I change my location perhaps:p

10. Got some Nigerian mates in Amsterdam, they,ll try to sell you something for sure. But really, These days how do you set up an email request for more info? If you don,t type enough the buyer thinks your an illiterate 3rd world scammer and if you ask to much the buyer thinks your a smart-arse 3rd world scammer. Better of using the phone first, then emails.

11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Ha! Me too! :D

Brian

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To be honest, there are those who although they have a car for sale don't want to see it go out of the US and be lost according to their personal issues.

Some don't even want a car to leave the state or area that they live in or go to someone who they suspect may make changes in the car.

13. ratfink56

ratfink56

I'm having the same problem with parts sellers. Not just here but on other boards as well. Very frustrating.

14. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Ah yes, automotive xenophobia. Better to let the car rust into the ground then sell to a foreigner, ha ha.
    Paul

15. You write with accent, they don't understand and too polite to ask you to repeat yourself.

That okay, I understand, you all look alike to me.

16. jonly

jonly

sometimes I list things for sale that I really don't want to sell, just to get my wife off my back about it.

Maybe I'm not alone in this.

17. I've got a great 46 Ford Tudor Sedan I'd be happy to sell ya. PM Me

18. monsterflake

monsterflake

i have the opposite problem- "I'll take it!", followed by weeks of silence and and it's back up for sale...

19. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

What are you looking for?.............we have over 50 cars for sale down here in Texas.

Mark

20. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

How come when I read a Australians post I read it with an Aussie accent? Am I the only one? Anyways what are you trying to buy?

21. striper

striper

It's the exchange rate ;)

22. It is just plain rude not to respond to anybody, who is trying to buy a car or parts that you have listed. If it is sold, PM the person and let them know. If it is no longer for sale (change of plans), let them know. How long does it take to PM somebody, and let them know ..really?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  23. I sold a 32 body that went to Sweden and I think a lot of guys here in the states just think it's too much trouble to sell something overseas.

In my case there was some issues with language,,the guy that bought the car didn't speak Southern English but he had a friend that lived in the states part time and worked in Alabama of all places,,,he spoke both Swedish and my native tongue.

But selling to a guy that can communicate in your language shouldn't be a problem at all,,unless the seller is not motivated,,or is just plain lazy and don't want to help the buyer in an way.

There is also a thing call a telephone,it's really an amazing thing,,you dial the number,the phone rings,the phone is answered and you and the guy talk,,see if both parties are in agreement,transfer the money before the car leaves your sight and the deal is done,,the buyer is the guy that has to be the trusting soul and he is taking all the risk.

It's worked on more than one occasion.

I do hope one of the guys that has not responded to your request reads what has been said by me or any other reply here and get's in touch with you. HRP

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I sold my '47 Olds convertible to an Australian guy earlier this year. Process was painless and the best part I made a new friend.

25. I know around here many guys don't like to see a vehicle going over seas. They would much rather see it stay around here in the states. I sold a 40 something Caddy for a buddy of mine awhile back and he was not willing to go thru the trouble of selling over seas. But I took care of everything for him and it went rather smoothly! The car was in parts and ended up going to Austrailia.

26. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

I think for some guys money is not the only factor when selling one of their kids. They want to meet the buyer face to face, see the enthusiasm in his eyes for the car, hear his plans, SHAKE HIS HAND, and have a large stack of hundred dollar bills handed to him.
    For a car that I built myself, or one that I've owned for a long time, this is the only way I would want to see her go. "Knowing" the buyer and his intentions, and being assured that my baby is going to a good home. In my case, selling a car is a personal matter, and it may be that way for a lot of car guys.
    You'll find something...there are a lot of guys out there without sentimental attachment to their car, and usually money talks. Good luck!
    -Mr. Bill

27. 383 240z

383 240z

Not me if its for sale, I don't care if you haul it to the end of my lane and burn it to the ground, I severd ALL emotional ties with that car/part the moment I put a for sale sign on it, pay me my price, and do with it what you will. Keith

28. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Sorry you're having problems. I sell wiring harnesses overseas all the time. Some guys are legit, and some are scammers, but I always respond. All the Aussies and Kiwis that I've dealt with are great guys.

29. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Sorry you're having trouble. I've sold vehicles overseas and I sell vintage guitars and amplifiers overseas several times a week. It's no hassle at all, and I'm not hung up about where an item goes. To me, that's just ignorant xenophobia. The purchaser is buying it to enjoy, who cares where they do so?

30. Well said, T-birdesq ....