Register now to get rid of these ads!

1962 Cadi Hearse/Ambulance WIW/Any Info?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adamshumard, Nov 10, 2010.

1. adamshumard

adamshumard

1000 to 4000.... Big gap. I'm gonna fix the rust and paint it. Then we'll see. That windshield will be the bad part. It's only cracked so it may stay I it awhile.

2. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

it all depends on who you buy from. good luck great score.

3. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

4. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso
    from Las Vegas

5. I don't know much about them at all, But in the first picture, I noticed there's a seat in the back, Which would probably mean it's an ambulance or something, No room for a coffin if there's a seat in there! haha

6. adamshumard

adamshumard

the PO had a bunch of seat sat in it to make a limo set up. It still has the siren under the hood and a mount for the light. It was for sure an ambulance.

7. Well there ya go! haha.
    It dosent make sence though, back in the day.. Ambulances being 3 or so tonne cars, hauling even more weight being the body, running red lights etc. It's like a death trap nowadays, haha

8. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

I'm late on this thread, sorry. Some have provided decent insight, others are....well, off base.

Miller Meteor first started having side doors stop at the drip rail in '60 on some models as a cost cutting measure. Hence the optically lower roof line when in fact - low top model roof crowns didn't change.

Any running pre-'64 finned hearse is a good value under $4k. I recently purchased a non-running not rotted '60 version of this exact car within the last couple months and know what I'm talking about. ;)

Your limo style body is in fact a combination (as in combination hearse/ambulance) which could have been used for either with a few changes. It had 2 attendant's seats originally (not 1) in the back compartment for ambulance use. Either the floor had reversible panels with flat linoleum on one side (for rolling a stretcher) and rollers on the other (casket) or it had a removable skeleton rack with rollers. I'll guess reversible panels~

Windshield prices are way off. Used upwards of $700. New, $1400 until earlier this year when a different company started offering them for just under $900. Makes wanting to drop that much on a used one obsolete. Same windshield was used on ALL '59-'64 commercial chassis (hearse/ambulance/combination/limo) and limos through '65 - regardless of coach builder.

Production numbers are actually not known. Miller Meteor's data did not survive like the other 3 main Caddy coach builders. There is a new book out that I *highly* suggest you purchase.

If you need any help locating parts, drop me a line. Congrats with your fine acquisition.

9. We sold a seemingly decent '60 in about the same shape, an M&M hearse, for $2000 4-5 years ago. I say seemingly because I guess it about fell apart after 3000 miles cross country on a trailer, a spring broke in the back, maybe it had a bunch of filler hidden in it we never saw.

10. .C.D.O.

.C.D.O.
    from APT

who ya gonna call?

11. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  12. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

NO! Bad CDO! Bad!:D I still get "Ghostbusters!" when I drive mine.

13. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Comparing apples to oranges is completely irrelevant.

Forgot to mention adamshumard that I'm a Superior man myself. '57, '58 & '60 in my stable. (Sold the '59s.) :D

14. jonnyonedrip

jonnyonedrip
    from canada

i love it i love it i want one now

15. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

beautiful. i'm in love with it.

16. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

So, you're not going to answer my question then? How about you help a "fellow" Superior man out with some info. I mean sure I've got newer ones but we're still hearse people.

17. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

You've had numerous responses yet no glaringly obvious question. Gave my crystal the ball the night off.

My knowledge is limited to pre-'65; with a focus on '48-'60. Will help out where I can.

18. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Damn. You're right. I thought I asked. I went back and saw where I had posted but changed it and deleted my question. Sorry for the assholishness of me. Where do you get your coach windshields?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  19. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

This should get your creative juices flowing !
    [​IMG]

20. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Kenny, That's cool.