Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm new with model A's here's what I'm staring with

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kirby1374, Sep 2, 2009.

1. kirby1374

kirby1374

well maybe a high compression head, a self advancing distributor, downdraft carb setup and headers but just getting it back on the road for now :)

2. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Looks good! I like all of the little changes you're making. Not all hotrods need to be "cut up".

3. I have a T spring in the back of my car, too. Also a hopped up B and a V8 tranny

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Chop, slam get down. Make it look like a rod even if you're keeping the banger. JMHO

5. kirby1374

kirby1374

one of the first threads that I posted to was about the "T" spring in a stock "A" and you were posting on there. Your car has been an inspiration to me on keeping things "stock" and "rodded" at the same time. When I come into money, (hahahahahaha :D) I may hit you up for some brake parts.

6. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

You are doing a nice job - keep up the great work!

7. HAHA Thanks! I just wanted a Model A a little different than the norm. I have some cheap-ish brakes for sale right now, PM me if interested. Your cars looking good!!

8. kirby1374

kirby1374

It's been a while but I finally got my roof and windshield fixed and just this weekend the new motor (new to me) in. I guess I will soon find out if it is a good engine :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Very nice car! That should be a blast to cruise in.

10. Rem

Rem

Yeah, that's nice. Does the T rear spring lower it because it is softer than the A one, or because it is a different shape?

11. kirby1374

kirby1374

I've got a couple more hours into it yesterday....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. kirby1374

kirby1374

Both; it is narrower from eye to eye and the leaves are about 1/4" narrower. also a different shape plus for me less leaves because the Tudor has more leaves from the factory than this T spring I put in. With my 650X16 tires the front and back fender lips both read 31" (I also removed a few leaves from the front spring and reversed the eyes). So right now I'm sitting pretty level. I hope the T spring will handle passengers well :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  13. Slonaker

Slonaker

I REALLY like your coupe and pickup. Damn!

Slonaker

14. kirby1374

kirby1374

Got the lights and bar on......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. kirby1374

kirby1374

well got it running. I worked on the carb since this video of first start up. I had driven the bottom lead plug in too far and blocked the jet. :( I also cleaned the plugs and set the timing correctly. It runs great now.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wx8o0rkfutM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wx8o0rkfutM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I did do something to almost ruin all my progress. I installed rear Float-a-motor mounts. I had a little shimmy in the front before all this work and with the softer springs, no shocks and the float a motors when the shimmy starts the whole engine shakes. at 30 it feels as if the whole car is afloppin'
    I placed an order for the original solid mount rubber pads and rebuild kits for my tie rod and draglink. Shocks are on the drawing board (in my mind) as I type.

P.S. I really smoked the neighborhood...lol. About 6 months ago I pored some Marvels Mystery oil in each cylinder to lube and clean.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  16. seatex

seatex

Nice Sedan, off to a good start!

17. darkk

darkk

Anyone can restore an old car....but it takes a real man to cut one up.....I'd cut 6" out of the roof,"Z" the frame maybe 6" front and 14" in the rear. Drop a nice little tricked out sbc in it with a th400 gut the interior and call it a day!

18. kirby1374

kirby1374

seriously?.......