Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1950 Ford Shoebox Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sevenevez, Oct 27, 2010.

1. ok here are 3 pics i just took same parts

i dont have my hood lock support piece in my car thats why they are hanging funny

granted they arent perfect but i think the AFTER polishing pics look a lot better

Attached Files:

2. oh and "dagmarred" is the uh hem chest regoin :D on a woman they call the bullets on 57 chevy grilles and other grill bullets "dagmars" after a very well endowed actress who's last name was dagmar

3. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Definitely better. I noticed the more you apply and buff, the better it gets. I am going to go see if ACE has the bronze steel wool and try that. I dont think there is hope for my front bumper. It's pretty bad (scratches and all). But, Knowing now i dont have to remove all my chrome trim and front grill for rechroming i am happy. I'm never really lookin for PERFECTION, just personal satisfaction. Thanks for all your knowledge.

Is there any cure for my rear tires rubbing in my wheel wells aside of a different rear end or 2 more rear wheels with a different offset? They BARELY rub, but its enough that i now have a slight rub line on my brand new tires. :(

4. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

HELL YEA! this stuff is amazing. I got the Bronze Wool at ACE and tried it out. Great results. The more elbow grease and time you work it makes all the difference in the world. Not sure if you can tell by the pic. but it works. I got plenty of stuff to redo now! I even put it on my teeth and got a smile like Julia Roberts now! jk, dont do that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. are your tires rubbing on the inside,outside or????

6. Love everything you have going with the shoebox. its always amazing what a difference wheels and tires make. The only that sux are the valve covers on the engine. I hate those style for some reason.

CONGRATS, GOOD LUCK AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

7. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

outside. you can see the damage on the pic above your post here

thanks Stutz, and thanks for your honesty on the valve covers! haha, you are the 2nd person that told me that

8. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

Mine was a longer term project, I have an aftermarket front clip with air bags (it made life a lot easier becasue I also have a LS1 in the car). The back has a 4 link and air bags, but I did not C notch the frame (looking back I probably would next time but with my current set-up with a stock replacement tank I am don't want to drg it Next time I would do a mustang tank and then notch the frame.)

Keep up the work and drive it!!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  9. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Wow! A Freakin LS1? How'd you get your hands on one of those? Sounds like you did your whole setup the right way

10. well the cheap easy fix for your tire rub would be a BFH "big freakin hammer" :D

looks like you need more back space on your wheels to pull the tires in under the body more

im guessing your not running any kind of wheel spacers ..

is it rubbing on both sides or just the drivers? your axle maybe shifted to the driver side a bit too much

11. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

yea, that sucks. it is both sides, but my BFH seems to clear the passenger side. But its tearing up my tires. And once i lower the vehicle, i assume it will only be more of a problem. I called Pete Paulsons (where i bought the wheels) they said unmount, ship back and they will reweld or give me 2 more rims that give me about a 1/2in more of backspace/clearance. Do you think 1/2in will be enough if it is bagged in the future?

12. skot71

skot71

Here it is lowered. REAL nice car!!

Attached Files:

13. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

14. skot71

skot71

I like the purple/blue with the white scallop behind the front tire.

15. well since its rubbing now at a relatively stock hiedt id say more then a 1/2 " would be nessasary but my hands arent on the car
    and to be honest im not a "air bag"or lowered car guy so i really cant answer your question

i would say at least a inch and a half more backspace but thats purely a guess on my part

how much room do you have between the back of the tire and the wheelhouse and also the leaf spring

16. I would have all four redone so they will match.

17. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

unfortunately i think you are both right and i should do all 4, send em back and get at least an inch more of clearance. ugh, i hate back tracking

18. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

i contacted pete (owner) at pete paulsons. Unfortunately there was no more room for backspacing on my reverse wheels. only other option was to switch to a standard wheel which is not in my artistic taste. so i grinded out more metal and hammered the hell out of the panel. seems i got about 1/4in more of space and no rubbing yet.

19. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

its always fun waking up to this SH!T... ugh
    [​IMG]

20. big creep

big creep

really? what balls on some people!!!! fucken assholes!!!!! in front of the house?? and did it have an alarm?

21. man that sucks , atleast it wasnt your shoebox

22. marx

marx

Sorry about the break-in, man. That shit sucks. It's happened to me a few times. At this point I don't even get pissed anymore, just real damned annoyed at the inconvenience of it all. It is absolutely impossible to get all those glass chips out of your car. You'll hit the brakes at a stop light a year from now, and get a chip of glass drop out of thin air on your lap. Crazy.
    Most crooks are baffled by old cars and could give a shit, that's why I keep the good insurance on my late model stuff. I've also reached the point where I will never rock anything but factory stereos in my cars. No theft attraction at all. I'm done replacing stolen radios forever.
    As has been said, at least it wasn't the shoebox! Great thread! I vote for keeping the color, don't chop it, and maybe lower it a bit and leave it alone. Looks great. Excellent wheel/tire combo.

23. well thats good for now but
    whats it gonna do when you lower it

24. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

i either need a 3 car garage, or i need to get rid of my love for vehicles.
    thanks for the reply. i think i am going to keep the color too

it seems it doesnt rub as it goes lower. well, i hope not. my only other option is a narrowed rear end. - fingers crossed

25. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Found a lady down the street that does interiors for decent prices. Met with her and picked out some samples and mocked up a couple versions.
    I like the First. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. shainerman

shainerman

I like either, but my eyes keep pulling me to the second. Im a huge fan of mostly white interior, so I dont know what to believe, haha.

27. RatBone

RatBone

I like the second one also!

28. i like the second one if your a GREASE monkey like me ...white is kinda hard to keep clean just saying

29. lorodz

lorodz

nice ride ....sucks about the window ...all the car needs is to be slammed to ground

30. That interior lady has her shit together,cool program. Although I dont like that ostrich looking material.