Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barry Lobeck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saucerhead, Nov 29, 2010.

1. In my prayers also, get well soon Barry ! God Bless !

2. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

3. I had always admired Barry back in the days when he had his 32 Ford sedan named "The Black Messiah". I then had the privledge of judging indoor ISCA car shows with him in the early 80's.

Barry was able to beat the Big "C" several years ago, maybe 25+ or so. Barry is a very talented builder and has certainly set a style in the midwest that other builders continue to try and copy nationwide.
    Barry, get well soon man.

4. millersgarage

millersgarage

not trying to be a fool here, but what is his illness?. prognosis?

I never like to hear when someone is in bad health, and I will be thinking of him.

5. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

I have known Barry on a personal level since I was just a kid as he and my father and many friends ran around with him. He practically gave me my first dropped axle and front end for my first hotrod, just to get a young guy involved at the time. He is a legend and a great friend as well. Chris, a group of us Cincy boys plan to go see him this Friday if you would like to come along. Praying for you Barry-Matt

6. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I just received a phone call with this same info, not good news. We've known Barry for quite a few years and he's quite a character, he has always treated us great. Yes, he did have cancer before. We will be praying for him.
    Here's Barry on Car Crazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBVEVxBQCYo

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I wish Mr. Lobeck and his family all the best.

8. Prayers and thoughts for a fellow hotrodder.

9. Never met him but really resoect what he has done....in my prayers Amigo....

10. Never met him but really respect what he has done....in my prayers Amigo....

11. Weasel

Weasel

One of my all time favorite hot rod builders from way back when. Rooting for you Barry through this rough patch.

12. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

When I was a little kid walking through the Frog Follies, I remember always heading straight for "Lobeck Corner" to see what his latest build was, and haven't stopped that tradition since.

My prayers go out to you Barry and Ginny, hope you have a full recovery my friend!

13. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I have not been in touch with him since 1993.This is sad news.Please keep us posted.

14. Barry is a good man. Best wishes Mr. Lobeck

15. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Barry's "Mark of Excellence" was established a long time ago. The work that he & his shop turn out is ALWAYS the best it can possibly be.

My sincere thoughts & prayers are with Barry who's had some severe health problems over the last few years...and is having them all-over again now.

Get well, Barry: We Need You !

Jonnie

16. NorthBayArea

NorthBayArea
    from Smyrna, DE

Agreed! He's the reason I'm involved / addicted to this stuff.
    Get well soon, Barry! We're pullin for ya.

17. GET BETTER PAL, Just thinking about our conversation at the CROWNE PLAZA in COLUMBUS a few months ago. your friend, HENRY

18. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

One of our icons, and a great guy to talk to. Get well soon Barry.

19. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw (and drooled) over the '40 soon after it was built, and think his '32 roadster and the '40 are two of the best ever hot rods. I've met him in person, and rank his parts business as my first choice, top of the list.
    I'm sorry to hear he is ill, but hope he can get well soon.

20. 296ardun

296ardun

Sorry to hear this, he is one of the Midwest's best builder, still remember the red deuce roadster from years ago....hope his health improves quickly.

21. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Wonderfully talented ,straight talking guy , Get well Barry you are an influence to us all.
    Stay Strong Buddy.
    You parking your roadster inside my shop 2 yrs ago is a highlight of my time here .

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

Steve

22. deuce354

deuce354

I've known Barry personally for about 15yr,He has always treated myself and my friends with great respect. Had some great times a his open houses . Besides building some great rods, he is a really nice guy. Get well Barry, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Best wishes Deek Scott

23. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I don't know if Barry reads this or not, but get well soon. I've know him for quite a while and he always treated me well. His maroon 32 roadster is still the standard for deuce hiboy builds.

24. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Get well soon, Barry! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

25. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Hang in there Barry we,re all pullin for ya , lots and lots of prayers from mn. we,ll see ya at 50,s cause I know you,ll be there......Gord

26. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get well soon. Our prayers are with you.Attitude, as you know, is everything. Tom Trainor

27. metal man

metal man

Barry and Ginny gave me my first job in the hot rod industry when I was 17.Hard to say what I would be doing today (22 years later) if they had not taken a chance on me,and I truly appreciate it.Barry,thank you for everything you have done for me and for hot rodders in general...see you in the spring.

28. I met Barry 5 years ago at Nats North-we were staying at the same Hotel.My car was brand new and not finished(Still isn't)Barry came over and checked it out on the Friday morning in the parking lot and gave me a lot of nice compliments-which meant a great deal to me.Super nice guy and always said hi to me when we bumped into one another at showsafter that.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Barry-get well soon!!

29. LowA100

LowA100

Been a Barry Lobeck "fan" for over 30 years when we would drive from Dayton up to Springfield on Saturdays just to see what he had lowered and put a set of American's on that week. Just got to know him over the last 7 or 8 years though. We had a few car dealings together and he would always step up and do whatever he commited to. He knows how to keep you laughing. Had a blast with him at Columbus this year and he kept telling me how much he liked my car then brought the Rod & Custom crew over to shoot my car. That was the compliment of a lifetime coming from Barry.
    Lets all hit our knees tonight and get him through this.

Dave Marsh

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010