Register now to get rid of these ads!

neat drag car names

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddy-o63, Dec 26, 2008.

1. badduce

badduce
    from aristes pa

[​IMG]

2010 Pocono Drag Lodge Reunion

Comments and faves

1. [​IMG]
      This photo was invited and added to the GASSER MADNESS group.
    2. ★
      GASSERII added this photo to his favorites. <SMALL class=fave-meta>(3 months ago)</SMALL>
    <NOSCRIPT><ahref="/photos//" class="comment-buddy-icon-link" title="viewprofile">[​IMG]</NOSCRIPT>[​IMG]

<FORM id=comment-form action=/photos/57175076@N00/4890977051/#preview method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=8138472088cb436d8fc1e2b4176faded name=magic_cookie> <INPUT type=hidden value=4890977051 name=photo> <INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=addcomment> <INPUT id=flash_ver type=hidden value="Flash V:10.0.45" name=flash_ver> <LABEL class=input-hint id=yui_3_1_0_1_1291083362611635 style="LEFT: 68px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 10px" for=message>Add your comment here...</LABEL> <TEXTAREA id=message tabIndex=2 name=message rows=8></TEXTAREA> Want to format your comment?

<INPUT class="Butt comment-button-post ywa-track" tabIndex=2 type=submit value="POST COMMENT" name=Submit data-ywa-name="Comment, Post">
    </FORM>

[​IMG] By stanzig44 No real name given

This photo was taken on August 14, 2010 in Bear Creek, Pennsylvania, US, using a Canon EOS REBEL T1i.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <CANVAS id=photo-story-dot width="16" height="16"></CANVAS><CANVAS id=photo-story-copyright width="300" height="100"></CANVAS>

61 views 0 comments 1 favorite 0 galleries

This photo belongs to

This photo also appears in

Tags

<!--
    View photos from this member or from everyone

-->
    Show machine tags (0) Hide machine tags (0)

License

Privacy

• [​IMG] This photo is visible to everyone

&#9698;&#9699;

• Grab the HTML/BBCode

2. edweird

edweird

a good name for a gasser would be: WALKING TALL with a baseball bat painted near the lettering. just a thought.

3. rlsteel

rlsteel

57 chevy-rock of ages
    55 chevy-0range crate
    68 mustang- crying time again
    56 chevy whine-maker
    57 chevy wagon-underdog
    there are so many RLS

4. kartwinner

kartwinner
    from Dallas TX

Hello, Sorry I do not have any pictures but I raced with (against) Charlie & The Pied Piper for some time in the mid-60s. I had a '65 Olds 442 and could never beat him so I sold it and bought a '62 Biscayne with aluminum front end from Gene Snow. Charlie's cousin (Ronnie McElroy) was my partner and that car saw many, many passes in the North Texas area. I do have a couple of pictures of that car - if I can ever find them. Please feel free to email me back as I still have many memories of that time. Jim Jones

5. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

6. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Jim, you know me!

I'll PM you here.

Thanks,
    Tom

7. My family used to race drag boats in the 70's-early 90's Some of the boat names were:
    Showdown, Gambler, Showtime USA, Just Another Toy

8. 707gasser

707gasser

I've been tossing around the name "gold rush" for my hemi powered 49 dodge 3 window coupe gasser project and out at Samoa Dragstrip there's an original "Revel's Lil' Toy" 69 mustang that shows up ocasionally

9. 707gasser

707gasser

Revel made a 1:24 scale model of this car back in the day

10. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

ran sand drags back in the late 60's-mid 70's,49 cj2a Jeep the OLDIE-BUT-GOODIE.ran real good

11. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Well, since we're mixing Bonneville in here, our '36 Ford Coupe is call "Salt Queen".

12. willwander

willwander
    from uk

Many Thanks. Great thread and photo's.

"Torque of the Devil"

Seen plenty of these, bit cheesy but still a cool name.

13. sgmhemi

sgmhemi
    from Wisconsin

Saw one in the Dakota's during the 70's called "Nits and Tipples Racing".

14. One of mine from a long time ago, "RACE RIOT"

Attached Files:

15. I new a fella that had two door slammers. Both American Bantums. One a fuel Coupe and the other a Gaser. One was called the Alcoholic and the other the Tea Totaler.

Don't know if the names were neat or not, but the guy did have imagination.

16. Fast Bill

Fast Bill

In the earlt 70's I used to have a Econo rail dragster called CHEAP THRILLS. Lots of fun.

17. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

Everytime I see a Falcon I utter these words....

Bought my wife a 63 Chevy II for Christmas this past year and its name is "Self Winding"

18. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Some I always liked:
    Chaos
    Night Moves
    Forever Young
    Dream Weaver
    Moving on

19. 4everblue

4everblue

I just stumbled on this post searching for a certain letterstyle.....unbelieveable. As a 30+ year sign painter who lettered a ton of drag cars, I feel like I've gone to heaven :)

As far as names, my favorite was on the side of a push truck. In the mid sixties, there was a black racer out of the Philly area. I think his first name was Billy. I can't remember his last name. He had a rail, A/G I believe. His push truck was an early 50's Chevy panel truck. In large letters on the side of the truck was N.A.A.C.P. Underneath this in small letteres was National Association for the Advancement of Chrysler Products. Of course the rail ran a Hemi :)

20. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

anybody remember the tele flex trick truck ?

21. the most memorable ones in my area were:
    poison dart 67 dart
    grounds for divorce funny car
    financial strain
    and my favorite

neverendin spendin

22. Fiatdude

Fiatdude
    from SoCal

I always loved this little car in H/gas

Attached Files:

23. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

The "Just Falcon Around" was a 63 Falcon with a Boss 302 and was built and raced by Jim Cuttcher out of Van Nuys, CA. Saw it run low 10's all day at Lions.

The first Hairy Canary was built in Vna Nuys and was a yellow Pymouth Valient. A picture can be seem on the "Drag cars in motion" post. Saw the car every day as I drove home from work. Gas station on Sepulveda.

I campaigned a gasser at Lions, Irwindale and OCIR. 1950 Studebaker Lark Wagon. Caught quite a few people by surprise. Knew it would that's why I named it "The Deceptive Lark". Really shook them up when they saw a Stude engine under the hood.

No one mentioned the Altered AA/GS "Rat Fink".

My Stude buddy campaigned a Bullet Nose Stude called the "Chicken Hawk" NHRA National record holder for over 40 years. He sometimes drives for another Stude racer. His car is the "Stewed Tomato" a bright red Lark.

24. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

My Current Ride
    [​IMG]
    I'm a 4 time cancer survivor so "yes" it's a real list. Last year I put my list on the web, People from all over the country sent parts (engines, trans, distributor, ect) and helped me realize my 47 year old goal. It was a real blast. Now they want to see me get a Red Hat and join the 200 club.

25. Dad's old owner built & raced T-Bucket Just N Time, named after me..:D

Attached Files:

26. Joe Lunchbox

Joe Lunchbox
    from Orygone

Just 4 Chevy Lovers
    Bankamericar
    Flying Dutchman

All West Coast Cars

27. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dunno'how'ta
    TURN LEFT!

28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had a mate's car get nick named 'What wall'. One of them famous last word things. Always thought it would look good on a race car,

WALL
    WHAT WALL?:eek:

29. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Stone "T", asked Mikio the drive why? Responce was that it was a stone with a T body.

Ground Shakers, I think everyone on the crew had to weigh 300lbs.

30. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Time Bandit,,Ratified T,,Big AL,,Tijuanna Taxi,,Green Monster,,Music Maker,,Wild Thing,,Time Warp,,Red Light Bandit,,Altered Ego,,Shag Fast,,Just Fuelin Around ,,Sidewinder,,Panic,,It,,Tree City Shaker,,Psychotic Reaction,,Godzilla,,Green Mamba,, Hemi-X,,Red Alert,,Hellzapoppin