Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford 4 door + 1 saw=5 window & tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Joe Kickass

Joe Kickass

One vote in favor of the headers. Great build.

2. I think we're all past this BS now.

And please google "puctuation marks"

sko_ford likes this.
  3. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I am really enjoying this build and learning some great tricks to help me with my build. Keep up the good work, hope to meet you soon. Dave in Columbus.

4. RDR

RDR

Good job Drew...Proud of you and had NO doubt your build would be something cool!! Now on the roof, how about a removable cloth/canvas that stretches tight in the opening...I'm redoing a late 40s' built chopped/channeled '32 3wd and want the cloth top but will hopefully design something that will fit in and be removable for sunny days and fulfill the missing roadster in my life....If you could figure it out it'd save me engineering that one..lol...Randy :D:cool:

Attached Files:

5. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Have you thought about the VW style snap down and slide back using canvas/material of choice?

6. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I saw what Drew has for the roof, but I'll let him post the details to it

7. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

RDR i thought about that. actualy here is afew of the ideas i had:
    1. plexiglass/ lexan tinted insert
    2. louvered insert
    3. hood off of and old 60's car with a body line in it
    4. just plain filled
    5.removable insert like RDR said
    i just dont know yet.
    i do have other ideas but they are top secret........ till i post pics!!!!

8. basicbob

basicbob

Drew, you are one of the few with enough "SWAGGER" to pull off this conversion!! Sure makes those like me that can only dream about having your kind of talent. Glad all the naysayers went back to polishing their gold chains! Bob

9. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i got some more work done. it is finaly a coupe. i got the back of the qtrs on for good and installed the roadster deck panel i modified. i also got the rear window panel in and welded. this was the hardest part so far. every thing meets together in the rear and i had to make sure that thr roof was the same on both sides and that the qtrs were level. i have to use a ratchet strap to pull the body in square. here are some pics

Attached Files:

10. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i messed up in one place . i will have to go back in fill in a 1/2 x 2 1/2 strip. this is why you measure twice and cut once. but if this is my only goof up, i guess i will have to live with it.

Attached Files:

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

I like the lines of the top, and the larger blind spot in the top quarters. Look forward to seeing things ground smooth and in primer.

12. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i hav ehad some requests to see the bottom of the brookville roadster deck panel . here are some pics. also some people like to polish every last pieces they make when they post pics on the hamb. i know i am not the best metal man but this car will be stripped down to bear metal before it is painted . i dont feel the need to polish the metal just for pics. this will give you all some idea of what it takes to build your own 32 5 window coupe out of a fordor sedan. at this point i have 58 hours in the body encludes cutting the fordor, building the channeled sub floor and all welding to this point. these is some welding left aswellas all garnishmoldings to go. i think there is another 20 hours or so.

Attached Files:

13. RDR

RDR

ratchet straps,comealongs,chain...whatever it takes to square it up...keep on keeping on.....your on the right track and it's looking good kid!....... love the mail slot rear window

14. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

a few more. also pics or mock up of a corvair roof on the coupe before i had welded the rear section on. i have to say that the 64 corvair 4 door roof works great. it lays on there like henry designed it.

Attached Files:

15. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

this car is bitching. I'm curious to know more about your rear suspension set up. do you have any clear pic of the rear?

16. Look'n great! Are ya going to punch a few louvers in the roof?

17. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

36 ford rear bones and 1/2 eliptic springs made by cutting a 48 ford front 2" wide spring in half and redrilling the pack for locator bolt. here is the best pics i have so far. there is a temporary brace in the way in the pics

Attached Files:

18. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i really do not know what to do with the roof? i want a 60's show car look but i dont think they would have louvered the top then but ?????

19. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

thanks, nice work!

20. dawg

dawg

the word is "bitchin" surfboards, hot chics, motorcycles and cars are "bitchin" and if you're married, your wife is what's bitching...

21. thisbugger

thisbugger

22. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

that was 1/4 eliptic not 1/2 . i have fat fingers and i cant type!

23. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

here arte some more pics of the corvair roof fitted. still on the edgen on filling the roof. also so other misc pics of the car so far

Attached Files:

24. Cymro

Cymro

A chopped, lowered, fenderless trad styled 4 door would have been neat, but Sir it's your car to do as you like with, best of luck with this one it looks like a tremendous amount of work.

25. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

man, you really transformed that car. It looks like it is coming along nicely though.

26. Patdoody

Patdoody

looks good kid!

27. VonKool13

VonKool13

Hell of a job. Pre-war more doors are cool too but it takes a man to do what you've done.

28. Cornpanzer

Cornpanzer

Looking great! The rear roof-line kinda has a 30-31 "A" coupe roof to me. I like it.

After reading 17 pages, I gotta say this is the funniest thing I read:

"are you drunk?
    Your typing is way worse than mine.....but i`m German.....that`s my excuse..."

29. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

cornpanzer yes i suck at typing and i am half german to.

30. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thats really coming along. Looks good!