Register now to get rid of these ads!

History cool old catalog

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hrm2k, Nov 27, 2010.

1. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was enjoying a lazy afternoon at the Frank Morawski Museum and Fiberglass shop today when I spied this little catalog sitting on a shelf in the garage. It was such a chuckle that Frank let me take it home and scan it for all to enjoy. It might be a little out of our time frame as some of the items are asterisked as not available as of 1-1-64 :D
    Enjoy Anderson Industries ( aka: A I Fiberglass )Catalog

Attached Files:

2. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

4. Neat stuff, John. I thought for a moment that the Coupe on the cover of the catalog might have been Dave Anderson's old '40, which I believe he still owns. After clicking on the picture I noticed it was a '39 with '40 headlight doors. Anyone care to step up and I.D. that Coupe coming off the line and where the photo might have been taken? I'm guessing maybe 75-80 or perhaps Aquasco. Games on guys. Anybody know?

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

That's an early one.

6. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

You could have a whole freakin' fiberglass car body for $150.00 or less back then!

Attached Files:

7. In "race" weight or "street" weight:D

8. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

Looks like Aquasco.

-Lee
    Atomic Radio
    www.atomicpinup.com

9. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

Cool Catalogue,When I bought the Former AI/RodnRace molds last june one of the former owners(Rich Venza) sent me a stack of AI and RodnRace catologues from years past,It's really pretty neat stuff and probably a big part of Fiberglass history if there is such a thing.

Scott Leber
    www.Scottrodscustom.com

10. Can anyone identify the '39 Ford launching on the cover of this vintage A-I Fiberglass catalog?

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Ask him at the Jalopyrama. He has an unbelievable memory. I bet he remembers.

12. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Very cool, John.

Thanks,

Jay

13. ....I'll have to do that. I spoke briefly with Dave in the swap meet area at York back in June, but wasn't thinking about the question at that time.:)

14. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Cool! I'm still a Class Glass and Performance man myself! I've got their glass bed stanchions and license plate frame on my M5.

15. drivewaycustoms

drivewaycustoms
    from waldorf,MD

I remember having AI fiberglass stickers on my notebooks in elementary school.

16. Can anyone else step up and identify the '39 Ford Coupe on the cover of this early A-I Fiberglass catalog?.........Thanks.

17. 41hemi

41hemi

Hey Don, what is written on the door? If it's "One Armed Bandit" I know some of the history.......Al

18. I think that's exactly what it says, Al. Thanks for posting. I'm sure myself and others would enjoy hearing any details you might have about the car, the owner, where this particular photo was taken, etc............Thanks, Don.

19. 41hemi

41hemi

A friend of mine years ago (late fifties;early sixties) was friends with the owner and helped work on the car. Car was from Harford Co. so most of its racing was done at Cecil County Dragaway. Car had 3 piece fiberglass front end. Had an injected 312 y-block with a four speed and a 9" rear with ladder bars, coils, and 5:13 gears. Fellow that drove it only had one arm hence the name. God knows how he shifted that thing!! Car was raced for a few years and then parked. Fast forward and yet another friend in the mid seventies found it in the back lot of a body shop on Reisterstown Rd. in Owings Mills. A friend bought the car and installed a Boss 429 Ford with a C-6 in it. It still had the 3 piece 'glass front however it was at that time molded together to form a tilt front end. I was called in to change those 5:13 gears out for a more streetable 3:23 gear set. This friend had gotten into some trouble and ended up losing the car. Last I saw the car was about 25 years ago. It was painted black. I never knew the car was on Dave's catalog cover!

20. Great story, Al !!! Thanks so much for shedding some light on the history of the car. Hopefully the car still exists somewhere today and hasn't been crushed at some point along the way...........Don.