Register now to get rid of these ads!

History MacLeod Offy No 20 - 1947

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eric Beardmore, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Eric Beardmore

Eric Beardmore

I own the original No 20 MacLeod Kurtis Kraft Offy which was originally driven by Johnny Thompson. It was then purchased by Blackie LaMacchia who drove it then operated as an owner for virtually the rest of its long career. Blackie then did a magnificent job or restoring it to its 1947 original and its now under my care here in New Zealand.
    Would like to fill in the years with more of its history and maybe someone could help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Sure is Sharp!!! More pictures of her would be nice maybe the engine?

3. CTtoPA

CTtoPA

Damn Kiwis buying up all our history! JK. Gorgeous car! Got more pictures? This was one of the cars I was planning to do when Revell releases their KK/Offy kits in December!

4. Eric Beardmore

Eric Beardmore

Sorry no more pics just at present. All in bits doing an engine job to ensure it lasts the next 60 years. After that - say November - will be super sparkling!

5. Eric Beardmore

Eric Beardmore

I know the bit about taking history out of the country, but USA, Australia and NZ are the Midget spots of the Speedway word and when I sat in my own Midget as a 20 year old in New Plymouth NZ beside that grizzly hard man Bob Tattersall in his Kurtis Offy, I dreamed that one day I would have one of those. It took 48 years, and as sure as hell I'm going to savor the next few, and this one is smarter than even that Mattoon Imperial Motors machine all those years ago. Got a few other local Vintage Midgets here also so not just a tyre kicker.

6. rjaustin421

rjaustin421

A close friend of ours, Johnny Mann, drove Blackies car toward the very end of both Johnny's and Blackies careers and Johnny was very vocal in the tremendous preparation the car was given by Blackie & his team. The car was always 200% ready to race every race every year.

7. Eric Beardmore

Eric Beardmore

I have a photo of him racing in the car taken by Bob Mellior. Do you have any info or contacts of the time Johnny was the pilot? I do not have the dates on the photos.
    Eric

8. CTtoPA

CTtoPA

Bob Miour lives here in Connecticut in Putnam. RA Silvia in Rhode Island is another good source of info.

9. Eric Beardmore

Eric Beardmore

Thanks for that. Think I can source Bob Miour but would you have an email or phone for R.A.Silvia?

10. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

R A Silvia can be reached at Pronyne motorsports in pawtucket RI. 401-447-4202

11. Eric Beardmore

Eric Beardmore

Thanks for that info. Will try and make contact with him.

12. Eric, delete the " P " in Thompson.
    mlight9

13. noboD

noboD

If this is the same Johnny Mann that ran here on the east coast, late 60's early 70's, EMMR might have information for you. That's Eastern Museum of Motor Racing, there's a website. Beautiful car.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice car, Welcome to the HAMB. Have you talked with Gordon White, he has a ton of info and a KK Offy in about the same colors as your car. :)

15. Eric Beardmore

Eric Beardmore

Will do. - slowly getting it right!

16. Eric Beardmore

Eric Beardmore

Thanks for that. Have used the Museum to purchase History books so will talk there again. Eric.