Register now to get rid of these ads!

DEUCE OF SPADES big World Premiere Back to the Fifties Celebration Sun 11/14 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HiboyGirl, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

By the way, if my recollection is correct, I believe this one belongs to John Parker? He puts out the PRIMER NATIONALS each year.

John is a real sweetheart and a big fan of the film. He was very very supportive of the film and my event, texting me to see if I needed any help with the event :). We love you John!! I think he was the first one there that day LOL...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

its a friends car 31 chevy sedan

3. vilanar

vilanar
    from Finland

Just came back from Fillmore to Arctic Circle - Finland(check from the map)
    and I would like to thank and congrat Faith --- Great movie and great premier
    Hats off to you and all involved...

Ari Vilander

4. Moondog Man

Moondog Man

It was great to meet you! Funny that we had to travel from Finland to California to get to know each other :)

We uploaded around 200 pics of our trip (including Premiere gig, cars & stars) on our MySpace. Check it out and tag those cars!

http://myspace.com/mysterytrain77/photos

Hope to see you again soon,

Mystery Train boys

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  5. Jax2A

Jax2A

Got an email yesterday saying my DVD will be mailed today!! Woohoo, I might have it in time for the long weekend! Thanks Faith, I can't wait.

6. Look something like this? HRP

Good things comes to those who wait!!

All your DVDs have been autographed, hand numbered and packed and are ready to be dropped off at the post office tomorrow :))

They are being sent via First Class Mail, so expect them to start showing up in your mail boxes as early as Wednesday!!!

7. bradroe

bradroe

So as I wait for my email and delivery of the DVD I was wanting to know what guys and gals that have recieved them think of it?

8. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

ALL PRE ORDERED DVDS have been processed. The last batch goes out tomorrow :))

9. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Congratulations on completing this huge undertaking. I saw it first here on the HAMB, and it's great to see it finished! Huge determination, huge drive, huge success. I look forward to ordering soon. Good luck with the academy!

10. hbwoody

hbwoody

My Wife, my Mother in Law and I just had a great evening viewing "Deuce of Spades." Your passion for this film comes through on the screen.
    Thanks

11. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I have been quietly following this since you first posted on the HAMB. I just ordered two DVDs. My girlfriend runs a book/movie/music review website www.spittingvenomreviews.com and she will get the other copy. I wish you the best of luck, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing the film!

Congratulations to everyone involved!

12. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Passion is definitely what drove this project for four years so I am very happy you could feel it when you watched the movie :)... And maybe that would be the first time a mother in law and son in law actually agree on anything :eek: LOL...

Thank you !! It sure took a lot of sacrifices to make the film but its was all SOOOO worth it!!

"spitting venom reviews".... :eek: now you got me worried LOL... Hope she likes it. Please private Message me once she has reviewed it so I can read her review. Does she know the story behind the film? How it was made on a no budget entirely by one person? I recommend she listens to the directors commentary available in the EXTRAS section of the DVD, I think she will get a great kick out of it! :D

Today, the last batch of international DVD pre-orders went out. The clerk at the post office was at it for over an hour! Everybody else in line at the post office was giving us dirty looks :rolleyes:... I was excited to think about all the hotrodders worldwide that are waiting on pins and needles to get their copy and how happy they were gonig to be when they found it in their mail boxes... And no amount of dirty looks could take that joy away from me hehehe.

13. swi66

swi66

Faith!
    Received my copies in the mail yesterday!
    Wife and I watched last night.
    All I can say is WOW!

What a fantastic film!

This is so much better than so many of the big buck hollywood garbage films that come out!
    Loved the story, loved the music, just loved the film.

I can't imagine what you would do with a real budget!!!!!!!

This film should be on the big screen, hope iot makes it there as well.

Dare I say it?

After this, what next???????????????????

Going to watch it again today.
    With the commentary on!

14. saltracer219

saltracer219

I must admit that I have been a bit skeptical as to the outcome of all of this. I received the dvd's on Friday and the wife and I watched the movie last night. All I can say is WOW! We both thought it was very well done and enjoyed it very much. I cannot imagine what kind of effort it must have taken to get all of this done. It was so much better than most of what is out there today, we also believe it should be on the big screen. Faith, I hope you are well rewarded for your efforts, your passion for this shows in every frame of the movie. Thank you, Gary....

15. Sitting by the mailbox,sitting by the mailbox....

16. Just ordered my copy cant wait to get it...

17. Just received mine in the mail yesterday and watched it last night. All I can say is WOW !!! Faith you are so insperational and motivating !! The film was great and I seriously dug it. Like many have already said ..... It is better then most of the stuff thats out at the theater now.It really should be on the big screen for others to watch and I am very regretful that I didnt go to the premier.The camera work (angles) depth of some of the shots were just second to none and you can show some "experienced film makers" a thing or two. I am very glad I bought a copy out at the hotrod reunion and I have been waiting to receive my copy and I couldnt of been happier.
    Thank you for all your hardwork and you made something special .

18. cruzr

cruzr

Got mine..watched it with 32Gal...........

very well done........

kudos to Faith for sticking with the project .....

19. Just ordered the DVD. Man, I fell asleep at the wheel but at least I finally will see it. I'm looking forward to watching it!!

20. Faith, Received mine (DVD) yesterday, snuggled up on the couch with the misses tonight and watched it....

GREAT MOVIE, Well worth the wait,
    I wish you more success than you can handle,,keep the vision, live the dream..
    Thanks you for putting this work of art together...

21. Jax2A

Jax2A

Me too. My email said mine was mailed last Monday, thought for sure I'd get it this past weekend. Won't get to check the mail until 10 o'clock tonight so even if I get it today I won't get to watch it tonight. Bummer.

22. Just so you guys won't feel left out,,I haven't received my DVD'S,,still waiting.HRP

23. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

I'll go by my PO box today to see if any packages were returned, just in case. I checked Saturday and there were none... So far so good... But you never know. DVDs were shipped in batches, so that's why some people are getting theirs sooner than others. Distance may also be anotehr factor... HANG IN THERE :) !!

24. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

TO EVERYONE ABOVE who watched the movie and loved it: THANK YOU for being an appreciative audience!! It made all the years of hard work and a permanently damaged knee, all worth it :D... More feedbacks of the likes are flocking in my email box each day... The response has been overwhelmingly incredibly amazing. Now it's my turn to write: All I can say is... WOW!!!!

25. Mailman was just here,,,no DVD'S again!:( HRP

26. :)FAITH , Ours came on Saturday,we watched it right away. We liked it so much we did it again last nite. GREAT!!! Also loved the Directors comments and my name in the credits. Congrats on a job well done. HENRY in North Carolina

27. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Got my copy this morning..Will watch later today..Seems like upper US is getting them soonest, can't be much longer for the lower half..Be patient grasshoppers..

28. swi66

swi66

Hang in there guys, it's worth the wait!
    The mail is erratic, so much sorting and processing.

I watched the directors commentary yesterday.
    What a wonderful edition, and a way to know some of the behind the scenes stuff.

Can't wait to watch it yet again.

And yes, seeing my name in the credits was waaaaay cool!

29. RatBone

RatBone

Got my Dvd's and the movie is awesome! I really like the hot rod scenes and my wife liked the love story! Dont forget all us little people now, who knew you way back when!!! Thanks alot Faith for a bitchin movie!

[​IMG]

30. I even got my copy over here in the mailbox today! can't wait watching it.

ps: special thanks to my lovely girl who placed the pre-order as a surprise for me... it was her last year's x-mas present to me, so it's almost double x-mas for me right now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.