Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '30 Roadster Pickup??? Can a big guy fit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadFarmer, Nov 28, 2010.

1. I'm looking at making a trade with a guy for his '30 RPU, but I'm a little nervous if I'd fit in the truck. Anyone have a truck like this or no someone with one? I'm 6'5" 300lbs, am I dreamin?:confused:
    [​IMG]

2. Get a shoehorn and don't plan on drivin too far

3. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Not to be too obvious, but why not go sit in it and try it on?! :)

4. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Looks like it has bucket seats and a console, so I'd say "yes, you are dreaming!" at least if you want to drive farther than around the block.

5. sorry, shoulda explained that....we were planning on meeting in Austin. He lives in lousianna I'm in wst texas....thats about a 7 hour drive for each of us to meet in the middle

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Automatic or Manual Trans? That will tell a lot. My brother has a similar RPU and he's 6'3" and 250 but could not do a manual trans in there because room is limited. I'd say you probably could but it wouldn't be comfortable. I'd be looking for unchanneled Hot rods do that you have a bit more room. The one plus on this one you're looking at is that it's a roadster so you have infinite head room if you don't mind being above the windscreen.

7. I'm 5' 9", weigh 182 and need more leg room in my '29 RPU. If you can even get yourself in the seat of that car, I'll promise you your not going to be comfortable. I don't care for the look of the stretched cabs, but at 65, they are becoming more appealing.

8. I'm 6'1" and am pretty cramped in mine.
    Hey Dean, check your email

9. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Take out the buckets and put in a shallow bench seat, and you might have a shot at comfort.

10. BigRy

BigRy
    from colorado

Good luck. You may able to fit, but you will ride alone or with a straw like person. I am 5'9" and 250, it is not the foot room or weging yourself in it thats a prob. It is the wide ass shoulders. Narrow little buggers.

11. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

You may be able to get in and drive it but being comfortable is whole other story. Good luck

12. Anderson

Anderson

To be fair, there's a bit more room in that "rpu" than a real one. That's a 4-door sedan cowl and doors, and what looks like a cab back made from the other doors. And from looking in the interior, it looks like the doors don't open so you've got to climb in and out of it every time.

In a henry built RPU, no chance. But if that truck is an automatic, it might be tollerable.

13. Paul

Paul
    Editor

go to an appliance store and ask if they have a carboard box that a washer/dryer/range came in

you and your girlfriend sit in the box
    if you are comfortable in it, then yes, go for it.

14. It's a manual too.....looks like I'd be better off to keep looking.

15. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, it's at least 6-8 inches longer than a stock rpu, and not what a 30-31 looks like. A pickups in general are not for tall people. I think you will be ok for leg room but the steering wheel position looks really uncomfortable for a tall person.

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Doesn't sound like a very good fit. as mentioned though, it is a bit longer than a standard RP/U. At six five though, anything channeled and open is gonna be tough...By the way, it isn't '30 '31 either. That's all '28 '29 four door stuff...

17. If you are talking about the RPU in the picture what make is it? It is definitely not a ’30 Ford RPU. It looks like something put together from pieces. Have you seen a copy of the registration and a photo of the VIN (a good place to start)? Having said that I don’t think you will fit in the vehicle. Probably the best investment you could make is a plane ticket there to see it. I think you could decide with a 2 minute look and a drive around the block that it is not the car you want. You don’t want to have to make the decision in a parking lot after a 7 hour drive. What are you going to trade for it?
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    Charlie Stephens

18. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

6'1 250 and i wasnt, so short answer.

no you wont be comfortable.

19. HAHA, i love it!

20. I'm 6'2" and I can ride in one without hurting to much. But I can not sit behind the wheel and work the pedals.