Register now to get rid of these ads!

Door Locks / Econoline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oxymoron, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Oxymoron

Oxymoron

I need door locks for my '67 Econoline, but the price for OEM locks is pricey. Does anyone have suggestions?

2. mothradeath

mothradeath

not really any other options. finding a van that has locks you can snag and one key that fits them all..........probably aint gonna happen. just dont leave anything of value in it and forget about lockin em.

3. LameExcuse

LameExcuse
    from Renton, WA

Try a local locksmith shop. Aftermarket lock cylinders should be less than $20.00. I'm not sure what door locks are used on a 67 Econoline but I think it takes the double sided 5 cut round key. If they are, I believe they even make aftermarket conversion cylinders so you can make them match the square ignition key. I did this on a 67 Mustang. I have been a commercial locksmith for the last 20 years mainly working for banks. I haven't done any automotive work in a while so if I am way off I apologize before hand. A knowledgeable locksmith is gonna be be best source for cylinders and information at any rate.

Good Luck. If you can't find them let me know and I will try and look up some part numbers for you.

4. LameExcuse

LameExcuse
    from Renton, WA

Do they look like these?:)

If so my catalogs shows them as being made by ASP (Auto Security Products) or Lockcraft. Part number is DL1550. Should run you in the area of $20.00 for the entire kit with 2 keys. Your local locksmith shop can order them if they don't already have some. They can rekey them to match whatever key you want or just use the keys that come with them.

Attached Files:

5. LameExcuse

LameExcuse
    from Renton, WA

By the way. I think that you are supposed to introduce yourself in the introduction forum before posting.

6. Oxymoron

Oxymoron

Thats a whole lot of knowledge! I was told by a friend that there are universal kits out there but I had never heard of them. This is great. I will check out my local locksmith ASAP. Thanks for reminding me abou the introduction thing. I totally forgot. Thank you very much for the info. Cheers!