Register now to get rid of these ads!

CounterAct Rust Protection???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HRod 50, Nov 24, 2010.

1. HRod 50

HRod 50

Hey All,

Being from Miami Beach originally, and dealing with tons of rust, you would think I'm used to it. Well I guess I am, and I have nightmares about it, so it wasn't any surprise that when I bought my Merc and EXK told me about the amount of rust on my car I went ballistic, and told Rick do whatever you haveto do but get rid of any bit of rust..

So while I was watching 2 Man Garage, or whatever it's called. They did a product test of it, and said it was good stuff. I've asked around and people have said it's a marketing scheme.

So I am asking if any of you have used it? Any experience with someone who has? OR basically do you think it works? Please be descriptive, as I'm thinking of getting it if I hear enough support for it.

Thanks

2. HRod 50

HRod 50

3. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

What exactly are you asking about? There are several good products on the market now, POR15 is one of them. Either way rust needs to be dealt with or ideally removed altogether.

4. Larry T

Larry T

Probably this??

http://www.counteractrust.com/counteract.htm

5. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Hey thanks Larry. Wasn't familiar with this one. Lets see what the gang has to add.

6. stavros7a

stavros7a
    from Ca

Garbage... Proven not to work... Dealerships up here charge $600-$1000 for this crap but the best protection is OIL and moving to a dry climate. That's why frame rails and metal close to a leaky engine won't rust. Take it from experience If you live where salt is used like I do there is nothing better than oil...
    Check it.. This is the product I use but there are several companies out there. You can buy a kit from Eastwood and spray it yourself for $50/Gallon.
    http://www.krown.com/#default

EDIT: I Should also state that if you don't like the look of a greasy/oily undercarriage for a week or two then this is not the product for you (This stuff creeps and gets EVERYWHERE underneath) If it's for a nice hot rod POR is a great product and Eastwood Rust Encapsulator is great as well.
    my.02c

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  7. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

Sounds like snake oil to me.

8. dadseh

dadseh

definitely!!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  9. HRod 50

HRod 50

What I am asking is, CounterAct uses electric pulses or some shit, to keep rust at bay. I was asking if anybody has used it, and if it works... What I like is that this is turning into a thread as to what really keeps rust away once a car is finished or if you are trying to keep from it even beginning...

So please ALL tell us what helps keep it aways other than "rust proofing".. Whats a good aftermaket product, after the car is done, and has been sprayed?