Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen 59 Cadillac Convertible Garfield WA.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Nov 24, 2010.

1. scotts52

scotts52

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

what a shame,this shit has got to stop

3. What a damn shame.

4. Not being an ahole , but I had just got off the 'sitting rotting' thread and read all the stories about how when these people won't sell cool cars cause 'they are going to get around to restoring them' we should just go and take them and I thought , alright , who took this advise seriously :( Hope he gets it back , one of my all-time favorite cars , poor bugger ............

cad

5. noboD

noboD

However suggested that is the A-hole. Like it or not if someone else owns it it's theres to do as they want. I too hope the old guy gets it back, this crap HAS to stop.

6. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Too many posts, about stolen cars lately, this sucks. This has got to stop, I can't sleep anymore without going and checking on my ride's throughout the night.... I hope he gets it back, I love these cars.

7. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Not like I'll catch wind of it being parted in TX but '59 convertibles are slim these days and I'll keep an eye out in Caddy circles.

8. scotts52

scotts52

He's an old guy, like later 80's early 90's, that collected cars just because he liked to look at them. I am trying to get in a good word with the daughter so that when he passes on I can help her redistibute some of these cars so they don't see the scrapper. Really nice guy to visit with. He says nothings for sale and his son thinks its all garbage and that he should get rid of it. I heard another story from someone else saying his son know what its all worth and told his dad to stop selling his inheritance cheap. Maybe same guy maybe different one. This is a low mileage caddy that he bought years ago from the gypsies in Spokane. Yes, I said gypsies. You can google Spokane gypsies and read about them. Spread the word and lets help reunite this car with its rightful owner.

9. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Just looking at the picture and reading the Craig's ad makes me wonder how they pulled it off? I doubt the car runs. That is a huge car to be moved and it would stand out.

10. KaliRodding

KaliRodding
    from Nor-Cal

Probably had it insured for 50K

11. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

will keep an eye out around the seattle tacoma area you might want to throw a post on the nw hambers group too

12. scotts52

scotts52

Sadly, I'll bet he didn't have it insured for anything at all. I don't think he ever drove it anywhere but his yard.

13. Whom ever took it had some balls to do it in this weather. With all the snow and wind they've on the Palouse it's been like a blizzard with white out conditions the past few days.

Opps....just read the post looks like it was stolen back on October 25th, when the weather was a little nicer. Hope they find the car, but given that it's been so long the chances are slim.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  14. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso
    from Las Vegas

15. uncle buck

uncle buck

ATTENTION: Please pass this e-mail on to all car club members: "STOLEN COLLECTOR CAR"

If someone has seen the tow truck or the Cadillac, please call one of the officers below.

----- Forwarded Message -----

Deputy Reavis, from the Whitman County Sheriff's Office, called Snohomish County asking for some help in locating a rare stolen 1959 Red Cadillac Convertible with a white top.

The reason he called is that this sort of vehicle is so rare & unique, that it immediately attracts the attention of car buffs. A witness claimed that he saw this very vehicle on SR 9, being towed on a flatbed tow truck which turned onto Cathcart Way, just north of Clearview on October 27, 2010. The witness wasn't sure of the name of the tow, but he thought it was "R & R towing" and that he thought it was a pretty beat up tow truck, hauling a piece of history, a red '59 Cadillac Convertible with a white top. The witness recently learned that such a vehicle was reported stolen from Whitman County and this led to Dep Reavis calling for some help in the Puget Sound area.

We ask for a little more help from anyone who has seen this stolen Cadillac or knows more about R & R towing to please call one of the officers below. If the Cadillac is moving, get the license number if possible and call 911.

Thanks,

Detective Terry L. Haldeman
    Snohomish County Auto Theft Task Force
    Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
    3000 Rockefeller Ave M/S 606
    Everett, WA 98201-4060
    425-388-6068

Sergeant E.J. Swainson #207 WSP
    Snohomish County Auto Theft (SNOCAT) Task Force
    425-388-6074

Deputy Paul Reavis,
    Whitman County Sheriff's Office
    509-397-6266

Detective James H. Scharf
    Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
    Major Crimes Unit Cold Case Team
    3000 Rockefeller Ave. M/S 606
    Everett, WA 98201-4046
    425-388-3841

<!-- end of AOLMsgPart_2_5077cb17-c122-4ae5-95b4-e29632b3a9a6 -->

1 Attached Images

16. tcb-1

tcb-1

sad but very true......

I'm scouring the cl's and the fleebay for 59-60 parts lately. I'll try to keep a look out for "red" '59 items that come up from "new" fleebay members.

even if he had it insured for 50k, that wouldn't be enough. those beauties are going for some major coin now. a '59 vert, are you kidding!!! that one would be hard to conceal unless it's heading overseas.

tough luck for the old man though. I'll use one of my Christmas wishes that he get's his ride back.......

17. I'll keep an eye out over here. R&R Towing w/ a red 59 Cad. Highway 9.

Got it.

18. There's an R&R towing outfit in Lynwood....

R&R Towing

A quick review of their online reviews on Yelp doesn't look so hot.

Hopefully the officers have searched the internet?

19. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

people who steal suck !

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I hope the next time some theif trys to seal a car he gets shot to death..and every one after that , until all car theifs are exterminated from this planet..
    thats my christmas wish..lets see if we can make it come true

I cant wait to read the news where some classic car owner fills some dick head full of lead

21. rockinokie

rockinokie

This is truely sad....I've read too many threads about stolen cars here lately but this one hits close to home....

I've got my eye open. I look all over the internet just about everyday looking for specifically 59 cadillacs. I already have the one I want, I just like looking.

22. Willy301

Willy301

I wish LoJack was more affordable, even if they taken them overseas, the Lojack would provide proof positive for the police to do their job...and maybe the crooks will resist arrest and fight, and lose!

23. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

We'll keep an eye out on this side of the border. A car as large and unique as that should not be hard to find. It is likely not far from where it was taken.

24. RichG

RichG

Wow, I guess I missed this one... what a bunch of shit. That cars long gone from around here, there's just too many people who don't tolerate that kinda crap. God help 'em if they turn up in this town.

25. tcb-1

tcb-1

bttt for the evening rush....

26. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I will keep an eye out around here...

27. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

Sad thing about those aholes, If they catch them they do very little about it. Cut ther BALLS off and sew them on there foreheads.

28. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Keepin my eyes out in the Central Valley...

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a pretty brazen Theft as RichG would be the first to tell you that Garfield is about 25 miles past the end of the known world and usually half the town can spot a stranger in town and especially a strange tow truck hauling what is no doubt a well known car from that town. You also have to go a long way in any direction to get to what one would consider a main road.
    Stolen by or for someone who tried to buy it in the past couple of years?