Register now to get rid of these ads!

obsolete ford parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostforawhile, Nov 24, 2010.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Has anyone on here found a good source for obsolete Ford parts? MY particular Ford is a bit off topic for this board, but maby this thread can be useful for others looking for stuff discontinued from Ford, I'm pulling my hair out looking for some small parts I need that are dealer only

2. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

3. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

4. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Thanks Mike Casella, Then and Now Automotive!
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1>This guy is amazing. He even finds all the stuff for my 29 Graham Paige.

Here is a link to an article on the shop. Check out the stock they carry in the photos

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Incred...utomotive.html

5. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Dennis Kirk
    Obsolete Ford Parts.
    Two that I have used for reproduction parts.
    N.A.P.A carries many original style parts or has access to them through catalog sales.

6. Dennis Kirk? That's a motorcycle mail order company ????

7. I have had good luck with green sales

8. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

thanks!! hopefully if the mods decide they don't like this thread for some reason, they will just lock it not delete it, great information here. :) The main thing I need right now are some special headlight retaining clips for this Lincoln, I finally find some lamps that aren't full of water and the dealer tells me I can't get the special clips. you can't remove the factory ones without destroying them, they rust in place, :rolleyes: those and about 50 other oddball parts. the fun of putting Ford and old in the same sentence, but it will be worth it one day when it looks brand new

9. arto

arto

Sacramento Vintage Ford
    http://www.vintageford.com

And I just found out about greensales.com today, but I can confirm that Ford dealers like that site, my Dad's a semi-retired Ford partsman and he's the one that told me about it.

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

the parts guy here didn't even try to help me, just told me I should get a new one and junk this one. Thats the first and last experience at this dealer, I can tell you that

11. pauls fords

pauls fords

Try this guy STACY BROWN ANTIQUE AUTO SUPPLY Arlington Texas 817-275-2381 He found me main bearings for a 337 Ford flathead....

12. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I think he meant to say Dennis Carpenter.

13. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Classicautoparts.com have a good selection of replacement parts. Same with Kanter Auto Parts.

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

thanks for all the help, I'll check with everyone listed and see if I can find what I need, I hope this thread will also be helpful to others looking for discontinued parts. I did start an off topic Lincoln social group for those of us with Lincolns too new for the board, but too old to find parts.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010