Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you all think about...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrManz, Feb 22, 2005.

1. What do you all think of new wheels on old cars? ie: like 18in -20in wheels on like a tri year chevy. I have a set of rallies and a set of steelies. I have been toying with the idea of like 18in chrome rims or 20in chrome. Just a thought. What do you think?
    [​IMG]

2. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Definately not traditional....I don't like them on new cars let alone old ones.

3. demonspeed

demonspeed

I think it looks good. As long as you dont paint it flat black and throw a set of chrome 20's on it you can pull it off. just dont try passing em off as traditional. A nice set of clean five spokes like those are pretty cool looking to me tho.

4. BELLM

BELLM

It's your car, do whatever looks good to you, don't worry about what someone else thinks. Thats a good looking car, but I like all kind of cars. Personally I don't like to go over 15" tires but that is because I am a cheap bastard and don't want to buy high dollar tires, case in point my recently acquired roadster was being built pro street by my deceased friend, I got 2 new M/T Sportsman tires with 16" wide tread, new, on new alum wheels, never on the ground, for sale because I don't want to ruin a tire and have to pay $275 to replace it.

5. Spooky

Spooky

Not a fan of that look Brutha.
    Hunt around for something else.

6. Anchor

Anchor
    from N/A

Beautiful car, not a fan of the new wheels but then again I'm pretty traditional. However it is your car and you can do whatever you want... However telling you to do whatever you want doesn't nessecarily help much now does it ha.

7. fatabone

fatabone

It takes away from looking at the extra doors. I think they look good.

8. Make yourself happy...........Johnnie.

9. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Knock yourself out, it's your money. You may be on the wrong message board though

10. luketrash

luketrash

well, as stated above do what you want, it's your car.

What I like about steelies is that my poverty caps fit both my 1954 car and my 1994 truck :) (same exact wheels actually)

Also they are CHEAP and still look fine. I'm anti-flashy though.

11. hankcash

hankcash

12. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I don't like the new big wheels on anything! Makes everything look out of perportion to me.

But, hey, its your car. Gene

13. av8jon

av8jon

Sorry,Same here!!

14. Do the centers keep spinning when you stop ? :rolleyes:

15. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

fucking stupid.. 'nuf said'..
    (i think your pushing it runnin 15's..haha)

16. DrJ

DrJ

Only if it gets a chrome visor and Continental kit wid da hoppity-hydros
    amd a big gold plated Rolls Royce grill on the front/
    And some Escalade badges on the trunk two or three of them, and the gold plated chain license plate frames.. Uh-huh, uh=Huh... Huh?

Sick boys...

17. I think you're a misguided individual trying too hard to fit in. Go back to playing with imports, thank you.

18. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

i just dont understand the concept of putting new things on a new are or trying to make an old car look new, the whole reason y i like old cars is because they dont resemble a new car at all, now when u put digital gauges, small modern steeringwheel, seats that come out of a honda, blinged out wheels, blue headlights, new style windshields, stupid mercedes or whatever headlights like the ones on the "sniper car", where is the old car, y dont these people just do whatever to modern cars if they like all these little doodads and stuff

19. texasgreazer

texasgreazer

I agree with most everyone else. Its all a matter of personal taste and a lot to do with the STYLE of the wheel too. No one can deny the classic, authentic look of American Torq-Thrust. On some cars a 17" wheel might actually look better than a 15", while a 20"wheel would make it look like a circus wagon. In any case big Torq- Thrust's will look much better on a tri-five than Big Lexani's or Giovanni's or whatever brands they're putting on SUV's these days!!!!! Just my 2 cents worth.
    TG

20. Rusty

Rusty

It your car and if you like it do it. I dont think big wheels look good on everything but the pic you showed looked pretty sweet. I think you will be just fine doing it.

21. IGOR

IGOR

Been watching too much pimp my ride?

22. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

The pic looks good and it your car do it the way you like. Personally I think 18s-20s are too big for a car if the car was mine I would use 16s on the front 17 out back with a Goodyear RSA tire ( they have a little more sidewall to protect your wheels and definitely Torque Thrust. That way you have the best of both worlds traditional look and tires and wheels large enough to fill up the wheel well. My 2 cents..........RP

23. tinyelvis

tinyelvis

I agree with the "Do the car the way you like" but you ARE asking the opinion of everyone..

I think it's pretty ghetto.. and if it's not ghetto, it's BLING, if it's not BLING, then it's BOYDSTER, if it's not Boyd.. it's well.. just plain FUGLY. I think they ruin old cars. Just my opinion though and when it comes down to it, doesn't mean shit as long as you are happy! :)

24. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Mixing the new millenium styles with 50-60's styles just aint traditional.
    And in my opinion just doesnt look right. Any larger wheels over 16" and exhaust pipes over 3" is just ghetto looking to me.
    Great looking car though.

The only good looking 17-18" wheels I know of.

25. luketrash

luketrash

I forgot to mention what I was going to add last night:

My 51 year old car on 15s rides rougher than my 98 car would on 18's with 30 series tires :)

Tires are an integral part of ride quality...

It's like watching johnny come latelys riding their new hard tail choppers :) they LOOK MISERABLE, especially when riding over RR tracks hehe

There's not much suffering I'm willing to do in the name of looking cool.

26. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

My opinion as well.

27. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

28. Roadsterholic

Roadsterholic

Cool Car, first thing I'd do is throw some steelies or rallys on it...
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

29. theodore

theodore

You should do something that stands out, like paint it flat black and put red steelies with whites on it, be bold..be original.

30. I think your a asshole. Go back to beating off in a dark corner.

Everyone here has their own style. Everyone here builds things trying to be original. And everyone here like other people opinions. Thinks that have been built befor are being rebuilt again based on what someone has done, but people try to put their own spin on it. WTF does it matter if some kid get a civic and rices it out. He is making the car his own style. He is doing what kids in the 50s did. He is just doing it with what is around.
    -Andrew