Register now to get rid of these ads!

how to - gasser door windows ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bears38, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Bears38

Bears38

My nephew is building his '55 chevy gasser and we aren't sure how to do the door windows . He wants to do 'em like the "Two Lane Blacktop" '55 and have an overlapping/slider type setup but what do ya use for the window channel ? Single groove or dual and Where to get it ? Any other tips welcome also , Thanks !

2. RatBone

RatBone

On that speed channel they are doing a gasser and just did the slider windows like you are wanting. Check out repeats of the hot rod block or something like that.

3. refried confusion

refried confusion

xxxxx

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. On the T Bolts hey had the same basic setup.

For the slider on the Two Lane five five they probably used the slider channels out of '50s ford wagon or from a Thames frieghter.

You probably won't find that stuff but you could get channels from a home improvment store and use them.

5. 60 ford

60 ford

They done lexan side windows like that on a Comet Gasser on Musclecar on Spike TV, it was reran this past weekend. I believe you can veiw it on- line. Search Powerblock.com Musclecar on the net.

6. RatBone

RatBone

thats the one!

7. My buddy did a two lane clone and he said the windows don't let in any air and it's hot as hell in there. Now that's up here in the cold north east, you guys will die down there, hell I didn't even want to drive my t-bucket while down there over the 4th it was so damn hot.

8. Bears38

Bears38

Your right there ! I used to drive a '55 w/fenderwell headers , fiberglass flip frontend and gutted doors- just the outside skin and jam -no windows , we sweated our A$$'s off cruising that thing. I had a 12 volt osculating fan mounted on the hump ahead of the floor shifter and while cruising @ streetmachine Nats. in Duqoin Ill. one year the gears in the fan got hot - no more fan . And - the car was Black ! UUGGGH

9. 5w32

5w32

i am doing the slider setup in my 40 stude gasser drivers door, i'll post photos when i'm done

10. 5w32

5w32

heres the stude gasser finished, solid plexi in pass side, sliding 2 Lane Blacktop style in the drivers door

Attached Files:

11. Very early VWs were like that; the shape of the glass was such that when you rolled the window down an inch or so, the front edge(A pillar)would open, and the top was still in the door, sorta like a vent window.